It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kendrick Lamar calls out white fan after she raps N-word

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What a weak pussy, doing it to a girl too, so they couldn't knock him the fvck out for being a weak cvnt

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
still rated as the two most offensive words in the world , 'n-word' and # !

what does that tell us about society

edit on Thu May 24 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: censor circumvention

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

hilarious that they are so woke , they still use social media and follow the news!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

black ethnic groups may have created rap music , but it doesnt belong to black ethnic groups culture is a human trait and not specific to one group
its something we share as a species

hiphop is global phenomenon now !

I have many white MC friends and their music is a mixture of subjects , mostly about struggling in a poverty stricken glasgow housing estate
so essentially exactly what others in new york were going through in the 70's spilled into the UK
and is essentially the same subject wrapped in scottish accent!

just likes blues! , blues whilst created by black ethnic groups in the US , as long as you have a soul and a heart and you suffering , then you can sing the blues!

People getting upset over a word ! I understand it has negative connotations , however it has been a very long time since black cutlure tried to reclaim the word for a more positive meaning., maybe they should either dial it down themselves or not get as offended by whites using it in the positive way rather than the negative way with the hard -er
instead of the uh or ah sound! I mean just give them all a hood pass and be done with it ! Maybe Obama should have done that Offical US government hood pass!

but yeh its totally cool for rappers to use the word, and then call white people crackers or whitey in their songs !
im white does it offend me that my favourite rappers use those words ? No , because I have no connection to slavery and dont exercise any white guilt and I am not an unreasonable man , and I am not that easily offended by words, sticks n stones !
plus I am scottish and its practice amongst youths in Scotland to "slag" each other to death in school for the "banter" , and you grow thick skin fast
I am human , not white ! but yeh feel free to judge me based by the level of melanin in my skin!
edit on 24-5-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Do you judge me by the volume of testosterone in my blood , judge me by the number of freckles on my skin , the number of moles , the number of hairs !

how pathetic is that # !

kendrick played this girl as far as I can see !
How can you rap a song a million times and forget that she would have to sing 'n-word'
he either done it intentionally or he is super forgetful and an idiot , and Im willing to say he done it intentionally just for media hype because everyone is too busy talking about Donald Glovers video and he is jealous as # !

edit on Thu May 24 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So you can't say Neolithic on stage anymore? what the hell is-oh...that N word.

This is absurd. I used to listen to rap so whenever I listen to N word with attitude do I have to say the line "if something happens in south central Los Angeles, nothing happens, it's just another N word dead." please, the lass was obviously a fan and there would no malice or intent, she was just innocently rapping the "lyrics."

Rap has changed. Once it used to highlight the struggles and harsh life of their upbringing, now it's all about ego maniacal posers bragging about stuff they never had or never will.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

remember the 90's and the conscious rapper who never uttered the word nigga !
Unless they were then going on to expand on how that word was transformed and dropped and not relevant to empower black americans, because they didnt need to change the use of a word , when all they had to do was be conscious and empower themselves like all americans can do!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I asked my daughter and her boyfriend, in their 20's, about this yesterday. He's big into hip hop, she's a fan but not exclusively. The thought with them was, "Are you serious?" She also said that the only time she says it is when singing. Makes sense. The only two words that would have gotten them an automatic ass whooping growing up was this and the vaginal expletive.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You know I find the word racist and derogatory and I admit I only ever use it when singing my favourite rap songs which is solely a habit from my youth and not meant in any way as me being racist

when i was 12 I bought my first rap album myself , and it was snoop dogg doggystyle
and i learned every single word and I can rap them all word by word and used to do it every weekend for my pals down the park
that and notorious BIG and 2pac , puffy , etc I learned alot of rap songs word for word, wutang, masta ace , tribe called quest , mos def, nas , bid daddy kane , grandmasterflash , kool mo dee

anyway you get the point , I was immersed in rap and used the word nigga only when I was repeating the lyrics, but as a 12 year old kid you dont really see the negative conotations to it

My big cousin from canada , his friend richard was black and I rapped the album to him and I remember saying the word Nigga to him when I was rapping and he just thought it was cool !

Of course now as an adult I have to stop myself from saying it when I rap the lyrics ! because I am more conscious of my own reality now than when I was 12

As a kid in scotland I got away with saying a lot of foul words, but always got a clip roon the ear if I said anything really bad !

My mum didnt like me repeating the words in the songs, but I explained its how black people talk about themselves and to use the word as a positive exactly how scots use the word # as a term of endearment

like my mate mechie would walk into the pub on the friday after work

"hapnin ya beautiful #s?"

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: underwerks
A lot of white people in this thread who are obviously mad they can’t say the n-word.

Lmao.

Anyone can say it LMAO, why not...

As long as people see color and use it in their daily lives then there will always be racism. This goes for all race and ethnicity groups including whites. For what is 13% of the population African Americans sure take up the lions share of news, and it seems to mostly be about color and if that is what they choose then color will always be a factor.

You can't say the N word because you are not Black is just one example of a plethora of endless division based on color.

What's wrong with seeing color? We live in a society that wants to pretend as if everyone is the same color, that there is no race only the human race. We are all humans, but we live in reality not a fantasy world. There are white people, black people, brown people, yellow people, red people, orange people. (Not in that order.) IMO we SHOULD see everyone as being different and celebrate different diversities and culture. If a white kid wants to wear a style of clothes from a different culture I would be glad that another culture had a positive influence and should be celebrated not shamed. Racism will never die as long as people continue to race bait. If you don't want white people to use the word nigga don't put it in your song lyrics. This country is back asswards. Rap is crap, and for the record I am not a racist.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgroUltraInstinct

What's wrong with seeing color? We live in a society that wants to pretend as if everyone is the same color, that there is no race only the human race. We are all humans, but we live in reality not a fantasy world. There are white people, black people, brown people, yellow people, red people, orange people. (Not in that order.) IMO we SHOULD see everyone as being different and celebrate different diversities and culture. If a white kid wants to wear a style of clothes from a different culture I would be glad that another culture had a positive influence and should be celebrated not shamed. Racism will never die as long as people continue to race bait. If you don't want white people to use the word nigga don't put it in your song lyrics. This country is back asswards. Rap is crap, and for the record I am not a racist.

I have traveled all over the world, I love culture. I don't go to China and see yellow people, I see Chinese. People have different skin color so what, there is no real point there. Why would anyone want to identify to a color, that is stupid.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's just Black Privilege, they want to act like it doesn't exist and that only white people have privileges, but when a black person says things like cracker, honkey and whitey ford or claim that the "White man" is holding them down then they have their own issues and problems to look at and address.

I don't care what people say but I will say 'n-word' if it's within context and if people want to get mad then that is their own problem.

My favorite is when people call white people Wiggers and when asked what it means, they are afraid to say White 'n-word'. I mean cmon, we all know what it means. Grow up and move on!
edit on Thu May 24 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I live around alot of african americans. I know better than to go calling them Boy. lol. Not that Im afraid mind you,but i have enough respect to not go dissing people of any skintone.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgroUltraInstinct

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: underwerks
A lot of white people in this thread who are obviously mad they can’t say the n-word.

Lmao.

Anyone can say it LMAO, why not...

As long as people see color and use it in their daily lives then there will always be racism. This goes for all race and ethnicity groups including whites. For what is 13% of the population African Americans sure take up the lions share of news, and it seems to mostly be about color and if that is what they choose then color will always be a factor.

You can't say the N word because you are not Black is just one example of a plethora of endless division based on color.

Ehhh, race actually means very little. However, when people see people who look similar to themselves or identify with, they begin to group together and form a culture. And emphasizing or celebrating our differences kind of makes things worse. It leads to a kind of self segregation where people group themselves together based on that stuff and it pushes them from other groups. And when you take two people and tell them they are different and in two different groups it makes it harder to identify and empathize with them. Thats why we can go to war and kill OTHER people. They say "they arent like us, we dont see ourselves in them" and it makes violence a lot easier. To be fair, this is how people have organized themselves for most of history, along ethnic lines. Except now we have governments that aren't compromised of homogeneous groups and have large minority populations, so to function more effectively, we should be trying to rally people under a unified culture so that we can see the sameness in other people.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
whitey, cracker, skippy (it's an aussie thing), honky and more are MY words.

I demand people who are not Caucasian in appearance stop using them.

Just kidding.

Oh what a hypocritical and irony filled world we live in.

It is getting to be pretty bull# though.

Now excuse me I am off to watch some netflix stand up comedy specials filled with jokes that start with "you white people"......
edit on 26-5-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: grammar and grampa

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Love living in a society where one group of people can say any word in existence with no ramifications. Meanwhile a different group will lose their job and social standing for even uttering specific words.

Leftists and 3rd wave feminists have been running the show for decades and this is the result. Boys prone to violence and girls prone to promiscuity....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wonder what he thought the girl is supposed to sing.

Say, the n-word

He’s the moron who put it in a song

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 26-5-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join