It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists suspect cephalopods may be space aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have always been amazed by the intelligence and camouflage abilities of the octopus 🐙.

I even went so far as to tell family to avoid eating it an cuttlefish; squid...not so much but I am aware they change colors also.

Also, I'm fascinated with the idea of E.T.

Well, it turns out, octopus 🐙 MIGHT actually be alien; according to scientists.

They think an alien virus may have infected an earth animal and affected its dna.

Maybe like a retrovirus?

OR OCTOPUS EGGS FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE CAME IN ON ICE AND SURVIVED.

If the latter is the case, then my prime suspect would be Mars.

Mars' proximity may mean it's biology is very similar to Earth's.

Anyway, here's the link if anyone is curious.

scientists suspect cephalopods may be space aliens.
edit on 19-5-2018 by reject because: Details

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Intresting article. I asked myself after reading it if I would eat more or less grilled octopus moving forward and the thought of eating an extraterrestrial made it a resounding 'more'.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So *that's* how the pyramids were built!

I'm kinda on the fence with this one.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
whoa....aliens huh....well on my wife's cooking shows there is a way to not have turn out like rubber bands.....now I wanna cook me one up.....in the name of galactic interstellar comradery
edit on 19-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Intresting article. I asked myself after reading it if I would eat more or less grilled octopus moving forward and the thought of eating an extraterrestrial made it a resounding 'more'.

Oh you'll be singing a different tune when The Monolith returns to Earth looking for the last living octopus only to discover parts of it on your dinner plate.

Star Trek wasn't far wrong...!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The first thing that popped in my head was Cthulhu coming to seek retribution for eating his offspring.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
*eyerolls

*facepalms

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
From what I understand, this is an attempt to explain away discrepancies with the octopus and the theory of evolution. Well how does it do these amazing things like, change color? Must be an alien.
edit on 19-5-2018 by Milkweed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Awesome knew my only tattoo had some significance! Lol. But in all honesty, cool article. They truly are uncanny and unique, then cephalopods...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Milkweed

So, skyfairy from man made books made them?

Aliens sound more realistic really.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Milkweed

With all do respect, your post is sophomoric at best , you either glossed over the 33,000 more than human coded dna, or just chose to post what you think you thought you read. “Changes color”. I guess chameleons must be alien too.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Just about everything in the ocean looks alien.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Strange.

I searched Evolution of the octopus and this was the first link I found.

Octopus and squid evolution

The first little bit reads:

Just when we thought octopuses couldn't be any weirder, it turns out that they and their cephalopod brethren evolve differently from nearly every other organism on the planet. In a surprising twist, in April last year scientists discovered that octopuses, along with some squid and cuttlefish species, routinely edit their RNA (ribonucleic acid) sequences to adapt to their environment.

There might be some truth to this! But then again. They do have eyes, and a mouth, and a beak, somewhere along the line of evolution they got these ancestral traits and kept them, and lots of other animals have those same features as well.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

OR OCTOPUS EGGS FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE CAME IN ON ICE AND SURVIVED.

It's worth noting that one of the authors of the paper is Chandra Wickramasinghe , now while I wouldn't want to question Dr Wickramasinghe's credentials he does support some pretty wild theories and is a big proponent (perhaps father) of the theory of Panspermia.

I suspect he is largely correct about Panspermia but doubt anything other than ingredients for life are transferred between planets.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, they are coneheads so I can see why some would think they are aliens.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Any creature that can camouflage itself automatically and change shape to "blend in" sounds pretty alien to me.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What evidence leads them to believe they are extraterrestrial?
The lack of an explanation for the octopus is not evidence of aliens.
edit on 19-5-2018 by Milkweed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I remember Mckenna doing a talk on the octopi and how their living patterns are remarkably close to our own. Science is discovering what mushrooms told us all along.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

I remember Mckenna doing a talk on the octopi and how their living patterns are remarkably close to our own. Science is discovering what mushrooms told us all along.

That's why they're illegal...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I always suspected those little f'ers were up to no good, makes perfect sense! Or it just might be to big of a hurdle for evolution to jump. Hmmm, yeah, they are probably from Mars

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join