It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got married to my TV-where is my media coverage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good news fellow deniers of ignorance-I am now betrothed.

I married my partner Sanyo after a blissful seven years together, and yet my wife and I have had no media coverage, no throng of devoted fans, no security detail...But my pledge of devotion cannot complete with THE ROYAL WEDDING!!!!!!!(the extra exclamation points are for emphasis because this is the biggest news of the year apparently.)

Why do people care still care about a Royal wedding, a childbirth or even the first steps of a child that belongs to a redundant monarchy? On every damn TV channel I keep hearing news every time a British Monarch sneezes, and now my favorite shows are being postponed because a Royal ginger married an actress! I know there would be a few members on ATS who may have tied the knot or welcomed a newborn but hey let's stop the clock because the token "celebrity" couple is worth a lot of money for people who love to stick their heads over the hedge to get a scoop.

What is the infatuation with the British Royal Family? They wield no power, have no relevance outside people who drink Earl Grey tea with a saucer and a doilies underneath that? in my part of the world we couldn't care and just want to watch the football but noooooo.....gotta watch the Royal Wedding.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 18-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: Ditching

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I was very enchanted by their whole existence and the events when I was a child- especially growing up with disney princesses and princes' etc....

Girls like me dreamt of having a fairy tale love story like Megan. (does it have an h? Sorry Meg)

Then most of us grew up, saw it for what it was/is (which is nothing for the commoner here in the US) and I quickly grew bored with hearing about them.

I don't really understand the buzz beyond that honestly.

-Alee

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You gonna be in trouble......

You have assumed gender on your TV set. It might not like that. I understand that you have lived with it for 7 years and suppose that you know its gender... but gender is fluid.

Expect a letter from your TV's attorney at some point in the future alleging spousal abuse and a list of other failures on your part to live up to the marriage agreement.
Then you will get some media coverage, negative of course. Especially if the TV turns out to be female and a minority.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Make sure you unplug her before the wedding night.

Safety First.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Girls like me dreamt of having a fairy tale love story like Megan. (does it have an h? Sorry Meg)

I believe it's pronounced Meh-gan and the 'meh' sums up the situation perfectly. You might be married or not but either way a marriage is a special time in a woman's life and should be a private affair with friends and family. I feel for Megan as she has to face the scrutiny of the press and the creepy paparazzi because a scoop is a scoop.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Make sure you unplug her before the wedding night.

Safety First.

I forgot to and I got the shock of my life.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Come on don't be so cynical. Weddings , babies, pupoies. These are the good things in life.
That's why we watch. We videotape our own weddings and babies and puppies all the time.

👰👱💖💝💞👍🎁💍💐💒

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

There is a perfectly reasonable, scientific explanation for this.

Gingers never marry normal people. It's really against the laws of nature.

So when the odd occurrence does happen and a normal is forced to marry a ginger, it becomes big news.

Science!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I believe it's pronounced Meh-gan and the 'meh' sums up the situation perfectly. You might be married or not but either way a marriage is a special time in a woman's life and should be a private affair with friends and family. I feel for Megan as she has to face the scrutiny of the press and the creepy paparazzi because a scoop is a scoop.

I'm not yet (don't know if we ever will, been dating 10 years have a son- seems good enough for us for now) but if we do, I totally agree.

I would be interested to hear her experience going through all of this though that's the extent of my current cares for the ordeal.

-Alee

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was caught unawares. I didn't get you anything. I may take your lead though as...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Congratulations! Wedding gift is in the mail.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

My cheque too!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How many extra letters are we going to have to add to LGBT if everyone is coming up with a new preference? Some versions are up to about eight letters already and that does not include a Television.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Dude..Sanyo? Talk about setting the bar too low.

I aim for a Samsung and I ain't going home without one

edit on 18-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What is the infatuation with the British Royal Family?

Absolutely No idea but I think estrogen plays a part.

At least it's the same day as the FA Cup.
Testosterone !

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I am an American and I have always loved the British Royals, well mostly Diana (RIP) and her kids. So naturally I love Kate and now Meghan. Yea it's a guilty pleasure of mine to keep tabs on them. Also many years ago I had a dream I was hanging out with Prince Harry. We went to Target and met Kate and William. It was the craziest dream but all we did was have fun. Every door we opened was a new adventure. After Target we were in a room that had those bouncy yoga balls and we played on them. I swear it was the most fun I've ever had in a dream with a person I would never meet. So ever since i've had a slight crush on Harry.

I find the whole royal thing interesting. Sure it seems so outdated but it's interesting to me that they still follow many of the rules. I just find it interesting honestly.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Maybe you didn't contact the proper channels?

I'm sure some station still has some show about weird people who do outrageous things like make love to cars or eat couch stuffing or something. I'm sure they might be interested in the story.

CX

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

in my part of the world we couldn't care and just want to watch the football but noooooo.....gotta watch the Royal Wedding.

Everyone to their own, as an ex soldier I've met a lot of them....they're not a bad bunch in my opinion....have their ups and downs, but hey best of luck to the lad and Meghan. Lots of money will flood into the country due to this event.

Personally....I'd rather nail my testicles to a tree stump than watch grown men rolling around at the slightest tap on the leg.....then jump up as though nothing happened once they've got the free kick they want. How very embarrassing.

CX.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Who'd have thought that a Nazi marrying an actress could garner such interest?
I thought Nazi's were generally disliked.

edit on 18/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join