It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kilauea Volcano Hawaii On Red Alert - Major Eruption imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I should have been more clear. I just get a black static image from their site (maybe it's because I'm from oz). Was hoping for like an alternative feed, either official or from folks in the area. edit; Oh, I went back and re-read my post, I missed the word 'working' in the line 'find and good'. My bad.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack
I don't trust governments either.
Having worked within some Australian Govt departments (long years ago), I saw various shenanigans going on that would've appalled "the public" if they'd known about them.

I'm not sure if your intuitive "there's more coming we're not aware of" relates specifically to volcanic activity or not. Are you able to elaborate a little at this time, or would you prefer to wait a while longer? I don't mind either way and in any case, I've no right to demand any more from you on the subject than you wish to give.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys
That's probably because it was night-time there.

As they say in their disclaimer:

The webcams are operational 24/7 and faithfully record the dark of night if there are no sources of incandescence or other lights.

A lot of the cams show very little at night. It's just coming up to 1 am in Hawaii right now, so there's still about 5 hours till sunrise.

I haven't checked youtube to see if anyone is running some independent cams, but that might be a good place to search.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't mind, no worries. I can't say with certainty, but with all the conspiracy's i've read here and online, It's more of a 'feeling' that something is up. Like were' close to something taking place but I can't quite place my finger on what that might be. I hope that helps. I'm very open to new ideas though, and love to hear what others think and what their ideas might entail pertaining to this.

Thank you for asking

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

I should have been more clear. I just get a black static image from their site (maybe it's because I'm from oz). Was hoping for like an alternative feed, either official or from folks in the area. edit; Oh, I went back and re-read my post, I missed the word 'working' in the line 'find and good'. My bad.

It is something like 1am there now, you won't get much more. I've been on a 'live' youtube feed for the last few hours and all it is, is the typical banter and moderators removing troll comments. It does have a running list of current earthquakes associated with the event however. But for at least a few more hours, it will only be dark feeds I'd imagine.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Webcams are pointed at the rims of various craters, vent holes, etc. There's an eruption going on.... why aren't the cams showing any sort of glow from the vents- which should be picked up by a camera recording in the dark? Even with smoke coming out of places, a good hint of glow should be seen, even partially.

I also noticed the cams don't seem to be updating, either. Now one or 2, especially where the sulfur dioxide is spewing out would wreck a cam, I get. But all of them? That seems rather... odd. Plus, it's showing whatever the last image was at 1:28. A broken cam (or so I'd think) would show no image at all, or something akin to static.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Great time to get rid of any skeletons in the closet. Evidence would be buried well past any current statute of limitations.

Too morbid? Ok...fine, you win!

I know people's livelihoods are at risk here, but I find this fascinating to see a geologic force like this taking place before our eyes at this scale. Part of me is sympathetic, the other part me says..."if ya live on a volcano, expect volcano things to happen".

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

So.... what happens if this thing blows its top, and things go completely upside down?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

"if ya live on a volcano, expect volcano things to happen".
Hawaii- Lava it, or Leave it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am sure a member here lives in Hawaii Phage ? i wonder if he will be ok

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Phage is a demi god, he's fine.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am not sure how much earthquake activity the south east part of the big island gets but it seems to have had a lot in the past two weeks compared to the rest of the island. Earthquake GIS for the area

Last 2 Weeks

Last Day

Also what's going on to the east there?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
At the page linked in the OP, USGS and the Hawaii Volcano Observatory (HVO) have some links in the "More Information" section.

Here's the link for the Kilauea webcams.

Thanks.

Just clicked on the link and it's still pitch dark there - so there is nothing to see. I'll check back again in a few hours.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

- double post deleted

edit on 5/17/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

....triple post deleted
edit on 5/17/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack
I get what you mean. Sometimes intuition/gut instinct is all we can really rely on.

One line of thinking: if Kīlauea has an explosive eruption somewhere on par with what it did back in 1924 (link goes to a page at USGS), things are going to get somewhat worse than they are now before they get better. It seems to be showing the same pattern as it did back then.

But the question remains: what if it's building up to an even bigger event than in 1924? I'm sure no-one would want that, but when it comes to active volcanos, what mere humans might prefer is neither here nor there.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
He doesn't live on the Big Island, where this volcano is. He assured us some days back that he's absolutely ok.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

Also what's going on to the east there?

Maybe a new fissure is about to open? There's nothing there right now.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
He lives on the other island of Oahu I believe.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pics are looking pretty active, lotta debris in the air, and looking rather unpleasant to be near these cameras.

You'd need more than an umbrella for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join