It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Laurel and Yanny internet audio a giant Mandela effect experiment ? Yes or no ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So I just had somebody direct my attention towards this new audio clip circulating across the internet that is generating a lot of debate .
For those of you not familiar -It’s an audio clip where the speak pronounces a certain sound and 2 camps of people are divided on what they are in fact hearing her say .
Some swear by hearing her say “ Yanny”
And others “ Laurel “

Maybe this thread ends up in Skunk works because I’m posting about Mandela effect.

My first thought upon hearing that people are being told to vote on what they are hearing , is that the elites are running an experiment to see who is Mandela effected and who is not .

If Mandela effect is in fact legit it would only stand to reason that one group really is hearing “ Laurel” while the other is hearing “ “Yanny “ And I suppose it would be in TPTB’s best interest to know more..

Of course I’m sure things can be voted upon all the time and people see things differently .. it could be nothing .

But the timing of all of this has got me curious .

Thoughts ATS?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's a matter of pitch. Pitch it low and it's Yanni. Pitch it high and it's Laurel. Clever, but not mysterious.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It is an interesting theory. Just the other day i was watching some old episodes of "Yanny and Hardy". Those guys are hilariuos.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why would it be Mandela? I suppose that the new category for anything different or not understood.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I swear i remeber it being yanney not yanny.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I swear i remeber it being yanney not yanny.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why would it be Mandela? I suppose that the new category for anything different or not understood.

I think what our OP is getting at is this. Let's say. For arguments sake the Mandella Effext is caused by different dimensions/tinelines. Those is one dimension/timeline hear Yanny while this in the other hear Laurel. I think the pitch may actually be the cause, as schuyler stated....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Or lets go with Occam...

People hear things differently in this case triggered by pitch which the clip below gives a great way to experience that.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 16-5-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Why would different timelines be happening here at the same time. There is this one line which we are in and interact with each other.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7

If Mandela effect is in fact legit it would only stand to reason that one group really is hearing “ Laurel” while the other is hearing “ “Yanny “ And I suppose it would be in TPTB’s best interest to know more..

How does this make any sense? Traditionally the Mandela effect was said to do with some people remember a changed past, not people hearing different frequencies. That's kind of like pointing out that color blindness is a sign of the Mandela effect.

I knew what was going on here when they had it on the news. During one broadcast I heard one thing, and during the repeat broadcast I had a few drinks and heard something else. Clearly it had more to do with brainwaves interpreting sounds, than anything else (but now that I write that maybe drinking is part of the Mandela effect)? Nah, "QC" still hold the best science behind this effect)

Though to be fair, if you feel that this is a symptom of the Mandela effect, could you explain why?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Try a similar audio trick/treat, giving an insight into the fact we are lucky to have a brain which can do what it does BUT its by no means perfect

Try this video yourself it shows how the eyes can influence the ears to give different results

edit on 16-5-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They wouldn't. The only way this would be Mandella is if, for example, Laurel and Hardy was actually called Yanny ans Haedy. Otherwise it's just an auditory experiment...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Its saying yanny - anyone who says different is likely a reptilian - this is how you tell who the lizards among us are.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I heard yaily earlier in the day. Then I played it on my computer at home and heard laurel CLEAR AS DAY. I then went back ten minutes later to try again and heard yanni CLEAR AS DAY. I'm confused!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don’t hear Yanny or Laurel. I hear Ya-way.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm trying to fathom how you can get 'Yanny' out of Laurel. The sounds aren't compatible. Say it to yourself a few times. feel how your mouth/ tongue moves with both words.

Something fishy, methinks.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

My wife showed this to me no more than an hour ago and she hears "plain as day - Laurel.'" I don't hear either, I hear Yeary...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I agree. I think we've been punked,lol

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I heard both, laurel on the 5 and yanny since.

speaking of yanni,

edit on 5 16 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 16 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a matter of pitch. Pitch it low and it's Yanni. Pitch it high and it's Laurel. Clever, but not mysterious.

oh! so close.

on my first listening i heard yanni. played it a few more times and couldn't imagine the same clip saying laurel.

another few times thru and my hearing of it morphed during playback. here are a couple of differences that might help you to get to the other side.

laurel is spoken from a male voice and may actually be a person. yanni is a non-human voice, like the way your kid-brother would make a wierd voice, and it is in the higher tone register.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join