It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fires back overnight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: gortex

Sure it's a 'fact'. It's also a 'fact' that the attack on Israel that led to seizing the heights was 'illegal'. I guess illegal stuff stuff happens.

I have zero problem with Israel's 'illegal act' in response the illegal act that invoked it. On and on...

By attacks I assume you speak of both parties violating the DMZ, and the Israeli PM admitting Israel provoked most of the attacks so they could annex it? Oh and this is also the widely held view of the international community.

But at least you're honest Israel gets a pass no matter what.... Because they're exempt from international law.

And when someone retaliates to Israeli aggression, it's conveniently worded as an attack on Israel even if it's attack by proxy on occupied land that doesn't belong to Israel.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a biased outlook rather than objective one.

I'd also go on to say you don't care who struck first or what happens next, because as long as international law is ignored and favorites are to be had all based off of a book written by men thousands of years ago and loosely translated.... Peace in the Middle East is a pipe dream.

We'll continue to piss lives and money away because of an old book.

Am I close?

Close? I'd say not. What has 'international law' gotten us. What happened to the Non-proliferation treaty when multiple nations violated it?

I don't buy the international community meme whatsoever. I'm not going back into the who did whats of the U.N. or the rest of it. That one will go one without resolution indefinitely, from what I can see.

The finger pointing debate is often challenging and fun....and resolves nothing. Now the concern, at least for me, is where it goes. I would prefer Israel stay in Israel and Iran stay in Iran. That would make me a happy camper. It's not to be though. Iran's military is right on Israel's border. Israel isn't going to put up with it.

Something is gonna blow. The beginnings of it is academic, the result isn't. Just my view of it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yep, the whole thing stinks like a false flag. The tribe was able to get ineffective rockets launched at them, or at least they reported so, then they had the excuse to launch missiles, again. Just like they have been doing for a while now.

Iran has already came out and basically laughed at the tribe, stating Iran has no assets in Syria. It is like the flea that is constantly gnawing on the host. Once the irritation becomes great enough, SMACK.

That SMACK will be very similar to the lesson the tribe was taught in 2006 when it tried to steal some more land from Hezbollah.

MORE POPCORN.

I just find it funny that the tribe is even claiming the golan heights as their own. That area is still in Syria.

So many lies. I wonder if the main stream media is telling the truth? Or at least presenting both sides of this issue.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here is a video of Israel taking out a Pantsier S1. No Wonder they manage to get this hit... the Syrian crew is just standing idle by and letting it be destroyed. This is what happeneds when a crew is not motivated or loyal.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Why anyone would fore on Israel is beyond me.

You mean fire back.

Call it what you will.

Iran has weekly rallies where the clergy encourage chants of, "Death to Israel, Death to USA!". Is this even sane behavior? Can you imagine if that was attempted here, they would be shut down and labeled as insane hatemongers, and rightfully so.

Israel is currently watching as Iran hems them in. South Lebanon already covered by Hezbollah who has already shown itself more than willing to launch missiles into Israel Proper, alla 2006. They claim now to have over 10,000 rockets ready to be launched, easily dwarfing the amounts they had during the last South Lebanese war.

Now the must watch Iran run shipment after shipment of weapons, rockets and troops into Syria, further encircling them. You wonder why they feel threatened and attempt to strike some of the munitions Iran has swore to use against Israel. You can be damn sure when the rockets fly, military won't be the only targets, especially from Hezbollah and Hamas.

So yeah. If my neighbor constantly told me his greatest goal was the 'drive me into the sea ', held rallies in his front yard extolling other neighbors to chant for my death, and supported terrorists like Hamas who refuse any kind of deal making other than my complete and utter destruction, you can bet I'd probably strike first in fear and self - preservation.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

You say they constantly say they're going to wipe them off the map but...

In other words, Iran continues to oppose the two-state solution. But does this mean that Iran wants to destroy Israel — “wipe it off the map” — as is commonly cited? This is certainly the conventional wisdom, as seen in the statements above. But a colleague at The Washington Post, spotting the Bachmann and Obama statements during the U.N. festivities last month, suggested that this widely cited statement by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was actually a mistranslation.

Washington post

It was a mistranslation the one time he supposedly said it.

I'm not defending Iran and I'm sure they've said their fair share of rhetoric, but everyone does it.

Look up how many times the Russians and Americans have said they'd nuke each other. It doesn't excuse it, but you're making it more sensational than it truely is.
edit on 10-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Fair enough, I swear there are too many people beating the Iran war drums again, they've been conditioning it for some time.
edit on 10-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Here is a video of Israel taking out a Pantsier S1. No Wonder they manage to get this hit... the Syrian crew is just standing idle by and letting it be destroyed. This is what happeneds when a crew is not motivated or loyal.

I had a look at Syrian Airfields on Google Earth and it should be Mezzeh, Damascus.

Map link

goo.gl...

Mezzeh Airbase Wiki Link

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You say they constantly say they're going to wipe them off the map but...

In other words, Iran continues to oppose the two-state solution. But does this mean that Iran wants to destroy Israel — “wipe it off the map” — as is commonly cited? This is certainly the conventional wisdom, as seen in the statements above. But a colleague at The Washington Post, spotting the Bachmann and Obama statements during the U.N. festivities last month, suggested that this widely cited statement by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was actually a mistranslation.

Washington post

It was a mistranslation the one time he supposedly said it.

I'm not defending Iran and I'm sure they've said their fair share of rhetoric, but everyone does it.

Look up how many times the Russians and Americans have said they'd nuke each other. It doesn't excuse it, but you're making it more sensational than it truely is.

You'll have to forgive me, but I dont believe the USA or even Russia have ever outright threatened to nuke the other.

And I do not take anything Vladimir Zhirinovski says as serious, nor has he ever been in a position to launch.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Why anyone would fire on Israel in that region is beyond me. They have such superior fire power and defense it seems like a terrible idea.

Unless they are making calculations of the DOME and how to beat it you can pretty much be assured the locations firing are leveled.

Israel fired first. They reportedly attacked an hour after Trump scrapped the Iran deal.

Israel Attacked Syria an Hour After the Iran Deal Was Ended, Says Report

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

At least Iran is honest and up front about it. Better that than having a dagger in the back from our so called 'friends'.

And I can't imagine why they hate us so much. It isn't like we have ever invaded them, the surrounding countries and practically the entire area over the last 20+ years.

Other than that, why would Iran be chanting death to the USA? They must hate us for our freedom.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Everybody talking about Israel and Iran...why? They wont go full out on each other due to necessity. Let them wag their dicks at each other.

You should really be talking about how much US tech data they just showcased to Russia.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

"They didn't strike Israel the rockets were fired at the Golan Heights which has been illegally occupied by Israel for a number of years."

The Golan Heights were taken in a time of Declared War .To the Victor Go the Spoils . It is Now Israeli Territory until Someone takes it from them . You Know Nothing of the Rules of War in the 21st Century .

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Says Report.....

FAKE NEWS , Prove me Wrong .........

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: RAY1990

My view of it is the 'who started it' debate will carry on for decades after the show is over.

I'm more concerned with where it's going rather than where it's coming from, at least for now.

Cooler heads are not prevailing, Iran are in Syria legally; they are invited and they are fulfilling their alliance obligations.

Israel are like the hornets gathering outside the beehive. They've been nothing but a problem in another nation's civil war... If it can still be called that.

The signs are pretty obvious, the 'who started it' is very important when considering where it's all going.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Says Report.....

i don't care about proving you right or wrong. If "reports" aren't acceptable as proof, then why should we believe anything Israel reports, either?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The Golan Heights were taken in a time of Declared War .To the Victor Go the Spoils . It is Now Israeli Territory until Someone takes it from them . You Know Nothing of the Rules of War in the 21st Century . 

Seemingly neither do you.

International Law - Conquest

The logical corollary to the outlawry of aggressive war is the denial of legal recognition to the fruits of such war. 

AKA war of conquest is illegal.

Thus is the reason the first gulf war was legal, this is a big reason why Nazis were convicted of crimes (amongst other reasons) this is also why Russia didn't invade Crimea but used volunteers that are 'unassociated' with Russia proper.

Nations of the world actually have a DUTY to challenge Israeli occupation of the Golan Heights, it's an illegal occupation.
edit on 10-5-2018 by RAY1990 because: More to add

edit on 10-5-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Golan is part of the territory run by Jerusalem. IDF are everywhere, defending Israel from terror. The region is booming right now, has a great rugby team too Upper Galilee made up of South African and Aussie immigrants. It is part of Israel and as long as Israel exists always will be. If you think Jerusalem is going to relinquish its territory after what has happened over the last few years the other side of the fence then you are living in another world.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Says Report.....

Shouldn't be hard to believe seeing as they've killed Iranians in Syria a handful of times the past few months.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

My view of it is the 'who started it' debate will carry on for decades after the show is over.

I'm more concerned with where it's going rather than where it's coming from, at least for now.

Cooler heads are not prevailing, Iran are in Syria legally; they are invited and they are fulfilling their alliance obligations.

Israel are like the hornets gathering outside the beehive. They've been nothing but a problem in another nation's civil war... If it can still be called that.

The signs are pretty obvious, the 'who started it' is very important when considering where it's all going.

The 'obvious' signs are Iranian forces are at Israel's border. Israel isn't at Iran's border. Syria is Israel's enemy and has invited an antagonist to Israel's doorstep. One who has financed both Hamas and Hezzbollah attacks in Israel for decades. To the point of paying suicide bombers' families cash compensation for their acts.

If you leave Israel alone, they leave you alone. Just ask Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Then the legal 'talking point'. It is just that, a talking point. The real world isn't bound by legality, especially in survival mode. If push comes to shove, it's just 'win, baby'. That is reality. If the PR machine wants to hit Israel with that frame of reference, all well and good. It will change nothing. If that same body ignores funding acts that attack Israel yet condemns Israel for their acts. I'd ignore it too.

If TSHF and it's every man for himself, legal no longer has meaning. If you don't get that, then there's no point continuing this conversation. This isn't a sane planet and I, for one, am not waiting for permission to defend myself. Neither would you.....or Israel.

edit on 10-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

At least Iran is honest and up front about it. Better that than having a dagger in the back from our so called 'friends'.

And I can't imagine why they hate us so much. It isn't like we have ever invaded them, the surrounding countries and practically the entire area over the last 20+ years.

Other than that, why would Iran be chanting death to the USA? They must hate us for our freedom.

We invaded them? Damn, I wasn't aware! Install a puppet leader that the Islamists violently overthrew then proceeded to kidnap American embassy personal after, I was aware of. I must have been asleep for the invasion you witnessed though.

And you honestly don't see anything wrong with the leadership of the country encouraging their own citizens to chant death to entire countries? Man, you ARE a bloodthirsty one!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join