It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape victim to get death in sudan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I disagree with part of your statement.
Selective outrage.
We can't fix every problem in the world and choosing one thing to start on doesn't mean we don't care about other issues.

Donating to breast cancer awareness certainly doesn't mean I am ignoring colon cancer.
But you gotta start somewhere.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I disagree with part of your statement.
Selective outrage.
We can't fix every problem in the world and choosing one thing to start on doesn't mean we don't care about other issues.

Donating to breast cancer awareness certainly doesn't mean I am ignoring colon cancer.
But you gotta start somewhere.

Fair enough, I'll give you that.

But, from my perspective Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, and Yemen have suffered far more casualties with our intervention and are worse off now.

So obviously even if we humor we are trying with good intentions (and not strategic or resource driven interests), than it was still in vein.

I'm saying maybe it's time to become more isolationist and let countries sort out their own affairs. I'm tired of paying for failed endeavors.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You'll get no argument from me on that point.
I say let the rest of the world sort out their own issue.
I wasn't suggesting intervention in sudan but this is a story the president should address in my opinion.
No bombs but no foreign aid either.
Do we give them aid?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You'll get no argument from me on that point.
I say let the rest of the world sort out their own issue.
I wasn't suggesting intervention in sudan but this is a story the president should address in my opinion.
No bombs but no foreign aid either.
Do we give them aid?

Honestly I don't see how aid would help. They already don't trust us, and that aid would likely be toward some rebel group.

One other thing I'd like to point out, I think it's important we address our justice system before picking individual cases abroad to criticize.

Like I said earlier, if she waited and premeditated the murder here, she'd likely face a harsh sentence. One crime here does not justify another.

Also, it should be noted the rich and powerful have a different justice system than the poor in the US.

I'm not trying to bash the US, I say all this because I love my country and want productive change. The only way I see that happening though is if we focus on ourselves.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't think there is a country on this planet where the rich and powerful are treated the same as the poor.
The US is not unique in that regard.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't think there is a country on this planet where the rich and powerful are treated the same as the poor.
The US is not unique in that regard.

You're dead on. My point was more of a get your house in order before telling someone on another block what to do with theirs type of thing.

And certainly don't pay for anything on their house before yours haha.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

let's look at how the rape culture in the world really sucks... start with America.. rape victims don't get the death penalty for fighting their rapists, their lives and careers get destroyed... i guess there is a difference...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Are you talking about Paula jones or Monica Lewinsky?
edit on 10-5-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join