It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape victim to get death in sudan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I had to change the headline because of its length.
Here the actual headline.
Hope I got the gist.

"Teenager who killed husband after he raped her is sentenced to death in Sudan"

"A 19-year-old Sudanese woman has been
condemned to death by a court in Omdurman for stabbing to death the husband to whom she was forcibly married, who she says raped her with assistance of his family."

Apparently his family rejected financial compensation so she gets to die.

www.google.co.uk... eath-in-sudan-noura-hussein

Sometimes the world just sucks.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, first there is the fact that she's a woman and that the notion of rape is very different in Sudan than in our first world nations.

She probably did not remember to say thank you to the perpetrator in the correct manner or fashion.

The world does indeed suck.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I hear people defending to maintain cultures around the world just because it's culture.

NO! Not all behaviors should be acceptable just because it always has.

Sad world we're living in.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There are so many things wrong with that, I don't know where to begin.

Some cultures are primitive. Ours is no better in other areas.

The human creature is a primitive, beastly, unenlightened animal.

It's no wonder aliens avoid us.

I know I would.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't care if it's part of their culture. This is a much better reason to go to war with a country like this, than oil. Culture or not, this is not how the human race was designed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
I don't care if it's part of their culture. This is a much better reason to go to war with a country like this, than oil. Culture or not, this is not how the human race was designed.

Let them work it out on their timeline imo. It's none of our business.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

If history has taught us anything it's that this is exactly how the human race was designed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's no wonder aliens avoid us.

No we don't.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, considering that she's living in a Muslim country, at least she's being put to death for stabbing the guy instead of simply being put to death for being raped... Since women get put to death for being raped as rape isn't recognized as a crime in some Muslim countries.
We're not supposed to talk about that though, Muslim countries are totally progressive peaceful liberal utopias where women are respected as equal members of society.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All cultures are not equal, I know it hurts, but it's the truth and truth trumps all feelings.

I wish human beings weren't so horribly incapable of being logical.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I hear people defending to maintain cultures around the world just because it's culture.

It happens with all forms of ideology.

Their justice system sure does look flawed to say the least with this decision.

But Israel is killing unarmed protesters and weddings have been bombed in Yemen by US backed forces.

State sponsored deaths are state sponsored deaths.

Some seem to be "justified" because they are done with the "right intentions".

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You do know that going to war with a country would kill many of these innocent people you are pretending to care about, right?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

You do know that going to war with a country would kill many of these innocent people you are pretending to care about, right?

But with the right intentions! What do people not hey about that!?!?

Haha, projecting freedom and democracy with bullets. Merica.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

All cultures are not equal, I know it hurts, but it's the truth and truth trumps all feelings.

I wish human beings weren't so horribly incapable of being logical.

I want to play the logic game!

How many people have died as a result of US wars and military interventions? How many of those countries have attacked us post WWII? How many of those countries are better off now than before our freedom campaign? How many people profited off such actions? How many people have been executed after false convictions? How many people are sentenced after killing a home intruder in the US? How many unarmed people are killed by the police?

FYI, this isn't my feelings, I've come to terms with the world I live in. I just find it funny how people can justify hundreds of thousands lives lost and get outraged over one.

By the way, that could happen in the US. If a wife got raped by her husband, waited a while and premeditated a murder, self defense is out the window and one crime does not justify another. Food for thought.
edit on 10-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Send this story to Trudeau since he thinks all refugees are the same.
They can come and just "blend right in with Canadian values".

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

We're not supposed to talk about that though, Muslim countries are totally progressive peaceful liberal utopias where women are respected as equal members of society.

Non liberal here, some of us just don't talk about it because it's none our business.

Those countries can revolt if the citizens choose.
edit on 10-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Send this story to Trudeau since he thinks all refugees are the same.
They can come and just "blend right in with Canadian values".

I fail to see your point. It's been going on for years:

Sudan - Some 1,750 refugees living in Sudan have been resettled to Canada with the support of IOM Sudan so far this year. This represents 50 percent of Canada’s Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship commitment to resettle of 3,500 refugees from Sudan in the fiscal year ending 31 March 2017.

www.iom.int...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But Israel is killing unarmed protesters and weddings have been bombed in Yemen by US backed forces.

And Syria gases women and children who aren’t even protesting. So what’s your point?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: trollz

Non liberal here, some of us just don't talk about it because it's none our business.

Those countries can revolt if the citizens choose.

This sums up my stance on immigration.
Fix your own country instead of coming here.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

And Syria gases women and children who aren’t even protesting. So what’s your point?

Syria allegedly gassed their own people, Israel is on camera doing what I said.

Either way, neither are my business. I just don't want taxes or military support going to either...

That's my point, along with people choose to get outraged over selective innocent deaths.

<<   2 >>

join