It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice hockey world championships 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all no fluke....not an off-game...they were smoked...well done Finland.

Yeah maybe. Like USA today that lost 6-2. But! What about the games in between?

I mean last four games, Team Finland. Losing to Denmark 3-2. Then a 5-1 victory over Canada. Germany the day after, losing 3-2 on overtime. Then regrouping and beating USA 6-2.

I smell a serious attitude problem here. It actually reeks all the way from Denmark to my Finnish nose.

edit on 15-5-2018 by Finspiracy because: Fixed a capital letter to the beginning of "Denmark"

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well these games sure are making the NHL less enjoying. Tried to watch the Jets game last night and it was so slow compared to the Worlds. This is good hockey.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: one4all no fluke....not an off-game...they were smoked...well done Finland.

Yeah maybe. Like USA today that lost 6-2. But! What about the games in between?

I mean last four games, Team Finland. Losing to Denmark 3-2. Then a 5-1 victory over Canada. Germany the day after, losing 3-2 on overtime. Then regrouping and beating USA 6-2.

I smell a serious attitude problem here. It actually reeks all the way from Denmark to my Finnish nose.

Possibly they are getting used to adjusting their own System on-the-fly to so many different System based approaches we see in International ice hockey.They do seem to have found an effective approach sporadic as the results seem to be.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well I've caught a few games from Group A and have come to a conclusion. They are going to spank Group B in the playoffs. Finland may be the only team left after the first round.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well I've caught a few games from Group A and have come to a conclusion. They are going to spank Group B in the playoffs. Finland may be the only team left after the first round.

Canada will regroup. They have had their difficulties but overall they are better than Russia, and Russia is kickin El Butterado.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Canada will regroup. They have had their difficulties but overall they are better than Russia, and Russia is kickin El Butterado.

If RNH decides to light it up against the Russians then Canada will walk to a win....if McDavid decides to go Supernova we couls see a Hattrick from him all he has to do is hold possession and be greedy because no one is matching his speed on any ice surface on this planet.

But then again....Russia is always a threat because they focus on scoring their way to wins not on defence and fortune always favors the bold..

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
if McDavid decides to go Supernova we couls see a Hattrick from him all he has to do is hold possession and be greedy because no one is matching his speed on any ice surface on this planet.

Yes. It was actually strange in the Canada - Finland game. First battling from possession of the puck with him, and the next second he was far away, in possession. I can't comprehend it actually. Today everything is at top level with these athletes, sleep patterns, nutrition, everything, and McDavid is way superior compared to anyone.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That is Canada's problem right there. They are a Chevy with one Porsche part. It isn't quite mixing. They have to figure out a way to incorporate McDavid's speed into their team's.

Well 1 hour to see who's advancing.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Its simple...Connor has to be asked to score he is so selfless and such a good playmaker that he can hurtyou any way he chooses...soif his Coaches ask him to score he will do it at will and with RNH on his side dishing to him he is GOLDEN...if he is asked to be so....if not he will try to win using all of his teammates NHL style....but on big ice...I say cut him loose.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well both Canada and the USA have advanced already. Looks like we're in for another match with Finland.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well both Canada and the USA have advanced already. Looks like we're in for another match with Finland.

I wish!

So this is what happened: Team Switzerland had studied Team Finland's game style really well, and managed to suht it down. When you add to that amazing goaltending, they deserved the victory!
Fierce battle in the end but 3-2 win for Switzerland. I hope they will go all the way and win gold, rock solid team!

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

well spoken, Fin, after Finland's defeat to the Swiss. i'm still not sure whether they are truly that strong again. they did not have a serious win against Finland since 1988 and were known for there honourable defeats. they are good players, they did play very good, or did they merely experience a golden 235 seconds ?

we shall find out soon enough and i join your well wishes for the Swiss Nati. i'll even add a loud "hopp Schwiiz, hopp Schwiiz!".

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well I could have been more wrong but Sweden won. I don't get the matchups for the semis but I'll take it. Sweden should advance, I thought they were the class of this tourny anyway. We play the Swiss. Should be able to beat them. So going by my past prognostications the final should be Switzerland and USA.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ralph Krueger has had a behind the scenes influence on the Swiss program for a very long long time and it is beginning to show dividends.....I think Canada loses this one....sounds outlandish .....but then again the Swiss and Fin teams seemed to bring something NewAge to the tourney this season and it sure looked good on them so credit goes where credit is due...Kudos to them..

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hopp Schwiiz!

So the semi-finals have been played today. Sweden destroyed USA 6-0 And Switzerland won Canada 3-2, Final tomorrow, between Sweden and Switzerland. My sincere sympathies go to Switzerland, but honestly i think that Sweden is too tough this time.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

the fiever has taken me............

good luck to all

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Big Kudos to the Swiss Team....they have served notice that they are to be respected....IMHO they exposed some major flaws in the Canadians gameplan.....I was rooting for the Swiss because of their System which is an NHS modified Adjusted-Hybrid .....maybe next time Canada will come prepared to use a current and competitive System of play similar to the NHS....teams like the Swiss and the Golden Knights are proving to the world that a team of EveryMan type players that buys into the cutting edge NewAge Hockey System can win it all.

I have to say I had a gut feeling the Swiss using the NHS would dominate anyone using a conventional olde school System.
edit on 19-5-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I saw a lot of anger and borderline disrespect projected by Team Canada players post-game after the loss to the Superior Swiss.........it seems a lot of Canadian Players are underprepared for Clubs using the NHS.....I bet those Canadian Players RECOGNISED a lot of the things the Swiss were doing to them during their game....lol...lol...it must have been one hades of a surprise to find themselves being suffocated and manhandled by the Swiss as if they were the Pens or the Knights or a top level NHL Club....LMAO.

This is a personal message to any and all Canadian Team members....remember this is because EVERONE KNOWS what the NHS is and your Pro-League has suppressed these facts so you are now FAIRLY being ripped new blowholes by an NHS wielding Swiss Team.This is what comes to my mind when I think of the Canadian Players not DEMANDING AN NHS BASED SYSTEM OF PLAY.....www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Actually it boiled down to goaltending. The Swiss got spectacular GT while Kuemper was average, as he has been all tournament. If it hadn't been for that it would have been a blowout. I'm not going to jinx the Swiss by prognosticating here but I did pick Sweden to win this.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Actually it boiled down to goaltending. The Swiss got spectacular GT while Kuemper was average, as he has been all tournament. If it hadn't been for that it would have been a blowout. I'm not going to jinx the Swiss by prognosticating here but I did pick Sweden to win this.

I see it differently....it was a COMPLETE game by the Swiss who DOMINATED the Canadians who were shooting for Corsi....lol...they were volume shooting harmless low % shots on net.....because they were given those chances by a smart Swiss Club who herded them like Sheep.....the Swiss are a Possesion/Transition focused Club who have a deadly quickstrike highscoring% offense which is driven by two core value NewAge Hockey System/NHS Programs called IDA and IDM ...Intuitive Dynamic Analysis and Intuitive Dynamic Management and they also use an NHS based TSP/Tactical Shooting program.

I think the Swedes will lose by at least 3 goals....the Swedes are very very undisciplined and this will not change and the Swiss PP will execute consistantly .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join