It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa set to ban abortions after six weeks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Is six week not enough time to decide upon killing human life?

Some women don't even know if they are pregnant that far out. Plus the hoops that Republicans put women through just to get an abortion could also delay the process if she found out around 3 or 4 weeks. And this doesn't even take into account that decisions like this take time to figure out. Women should be able to take their time to figure out if they want the abortion or not.

That’s a good point. Besides, They’re probably going to kill it anyways.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh please . Ban guns for the kids safety but kill the kids before they have a chance..

just because you believe it having a heartbeat means nothing doesn't mean other people think that way..

They have to be idiots and sick to not see it your way and kill something with a heartbeat..

Go ahead and keep championing the killing of fetuses with heartbeats. It makes you look like a nice person.
edit on 4-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I didn't know I was pregnant until I missed my second period. That's about 8 weeks. My step daughter didn't realize she was pregnant until about 12 weeks, because she was still having periods, albeit very light ones. In both our cases, we were using birth control, so pregnancy wasn't in our minds when our periods were not "normal".

Neither of us got an abortion, but that's beside the point. The point is, it is not uncommon at all to be outside a 6 week window before you know you're pregnant. These lawmakers are quite aware of that, so it's obvious this is a sneaky attempt to outlaw abortion. It won't stand, because it clearly goes against R v W.

link   

Some women don't even know if they are pregnant that far out. Plus the hoops that Republicans put women through just to get an abortion could also delay the process if she found out around 3 or 4 weeks. And this doesn't even take into account that decisions like this take time to figure out. Women should be able to take their time to figure out if they want the abortion or not.

Considering the statistical info available on abortion, abortion is not the most likely probability.

link   
a reply to: notsure1

You do have a point.
We have many rights guaranteed by our constitution and most of them have restrictions placed on them by states.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I didn't know I was pregnant until I missed my second period. That's about 8 weeks. My step daughter didn't realize she was pregnant until about 12 weeks, because she was still having periods, albeit very light ones. In both our cases, we were using birth control, so pregnancy wasn't in our minds when our periods were not "normal".

Neither of us got an abortion, but that's beside the point. The point is, it is not uncommon at all to be outside a 6 week window before you know you're pregnant. These lawmakers are quite aware of that, so it's obvious this is a sneaky attempt to outlaw abortion. It won't stand, because it clearly goes against R v W.

You’ve convinced me. Pregnancy is fascinating. Thanks for the information.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Oh please . Ban guns for the kids safety but kill the kids before they have a chance..

They have to be idiots and sick to not see it your way and kill something with a heartbeat..

I guess those guns aren't for hunting then.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Good luck. This won't survive a SCOTUS challenge. And you KNOW there's going to be one.

Depends on what scientific information is used. Roe vs Wade and PP vs Casey left the door open on the c20 week rule.
edit on 4/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What a dumb comparison... How about I throw this argument back at you? Conservatives hate abortion because it is killing babies, but once the baby is born they are content letting it starve because the mother doesn't have the money to afford food and they (the conservatives) hate welfare.

just because you believe it having a heartbeat means nothing doesn't mean other people think that way..

SCOTUS agrees with me. Abortion is legal.

I don't see you rushing to adopt all those extra babies.

Go ahead and keep championing the killing of fetuses with heartbeats. It makes you look like a nice person.

Go ahead and keep making ridiculous arguments because you refuse to update your thinking.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maybe they should suck the fetus out then shoot it with an AR_15 . Just to be sure..

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Can't you just admit you were wrong without including snipes like that?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Maybe they should suck the fetus out then shoot it with an AR_15 . Just to be sure..

Owning an AR is a constitutional right.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

just what scientific evidence is there that would suggest that a 6 week fetus has any chance of being able to survive outside the womb....
that is the goalpost for roe v wade, when the fetus is considered viable...

link   

Hey now, don't be giving them ideas now...

link   

Can't you just admit you were wrong without including snipes like that?

How is one wrong when asking a question?

And no, pointing out that they are ending human life is the very least I can do.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If the law passes then pleading ignorance isn't going to work.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Anti-abortions bills should be unconstitutional. Abortion has been ruled legal in the US, but Republicans keep pushing back on that. It's sickening.

At one time, slavery was legal in the U.S. too.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If the law passes then pleading ignorance isn't going to work.

Unless R v W is repealed, the law won't stand.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I guess with your awesome Obama care if you are sexually active you will have to get a pregnancy test once a month.

How hard is that?
edit on 4-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: Bluntone22

Anti-abortions bills should be unconstitutional. Abortion has been ruled legal in the US, but Republicans keep pushing back on that. It's sickening.

At one time, slavery was legal in the U.S. too.

Yeah, appealing to law is pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join