It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally discovered the true roots of evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: urbanfox
Religion is man made to serve man. Religion is used for control.

A belief in a higher power or a God by itself is not evil, but can quickly become evil, if the belief is used by others to program, control, and condition the believer, to follow the ways of a particular leader or group of leaders.

Religion can most definitely be used for evil.

Who is controlled by religion? Very few.

Religion can be a motivator, especially for 'noble' acts.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Darkness is what you have in the absence of
light. Light is proof of creation and a Creator.
Darkness does not exist. It's just what you
have without the existence of light. If every
light in the universe went out you would have
only darkness. So God spoke light into
existence.
If the universe is infinite it' s because God has
filled the darkness with light. If it isn't infinite
It ends in absolute darkness. To deny such a
basic observation is just a ridiculous attempt
to validate an atheist view.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well we can look at Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, Vietnam, Korea springs to mind, need some more

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Even doing good can be evil sometimes .

We live in a World where we have to kill to survive - Whats religion say ? - Thou Shalt not kill ? Well that's impossible just about every thing we eat we kill plants have life, Also even walking we kill , Swatting a bug , taking a breath we kill microscopic life .

This planet we live on is Evil all they way around . We live in the Hell religions speak of . So good is the root of all evil .

Plenty of religions say it's ok to kill, even Jews are allowed to execute people
Swatting a bug, you are worse than a literalist, way out of context

It's not just evil that is a problem, why not educate yourself rather than make silly comments
Are you motivated by greed or ego?
edit on 1-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: urbanfox
Ok so just to clarify and ensure we are on the same page I'm talking about organised evil here, The reasons for a individual's evil actions normally stem from the influence of :
organised evil ( I will go into this in a moment )
Mental health
Greed
Jealousy
Anger
(and sometimes if were honest) -Need
there may be other causes but that probably covers the bases

Pride
Selfish
Lust

What is the difference between good and evil?

Take delight in other people's misfortune is evil.
Desire to cause harm directly or indirectly with no end benefit to other people is evil.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I guess I'm at a disadvantage here. Based on your OP, I'll be one of the haters. First you give us a quote that concludes good and evil are relative. Then, you say, based upon that, all evil stems from religion because religion is just a way to manipulate people into doing evil things for you.

I don't hold with either one of those ideas. Of course if you think it's all relative and have no fixed moral compass, you will tend toward that type of psychopathic thinking. I have a different idea of religion and a different concept of right and wrong. It goes beyond just what is good for me at the expense of others. If you don't believe in God at least there is such a thing as ethics.

There are so many people at ATS that hate religion I am sure you will find plenty of support.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Darkness is what you have in the absence of
light. Light is proof of creation and a Creator.
Darkness does not exist. It's just what you
have without the existence of light. If every
light in the universe went out you would have
only darkness. So God spoke light into
existence.
If the universe is infinite it' s because God has
filled the darkness with light. If it isn't infinite
It ends in absolute darkness. To deny such a
basic observation is just a ridiculous attempt
to validate an atheist view.

They will say everything is not black and light.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

Ok so just to clarify and ensure we are on the same page I'm talking about organised evil here, The reasons for a individual's evil actions normally stem from the influence of :
organised evil ( I will go into this in a moment )
Mental health
Greed
Jealousy
Anger
(and sometimes if were honest) -Need
there may be other causes but that probably covers the bases

Pride
Selfish
Lust

Take delight in other people's misfortune is evil.
Desire to cause harm directly or indirectly with no end benefit to other people is evil.

You guys talking about the 7 Deadly sins?

Edited; where the hell did that last quote come from? lol.

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a grouping and classification of vices within Christian teachings.[1] Behaviours or habits are classified under this category if they directly give birth to other immoralities.[2] According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth,[2] which are also contrary to the seven virtues. These sins are often thought to be abuses or excessive versions of one's natural faculties or passions (for example, gluttony abuses one's desire to eat).

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5 1 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You guys talking about the 7 Deadly sins?

Edited; where the hell did that last quote come from? lol.
"
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a grouping and classification of vices within Christian teachings.[1] Behaviours or habits are classified under this category if they directly give birth to other immoralities.[2] According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth,[2] which are also contrary to the seven virtues. These sins are often thought to be abuses or excessive versions of one's natural faculties or passions (for example, gluttony abuses one's desire to eat).
"

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you mention 7 deadly sin, yeah I just realize it does appear that way. Lol.

Thanks for the info. I have no idea where I got the idea. It's probably something memorable to me. Lol.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
That's like saying evil didn't start until Religion was born. Evil is (unfortunately) part of human nature. And predates any form of religion.

Religion may fuel or even allow evil. It does not create it.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Like St Paul said: Sin is breaking the law. Before the law there was no sin. Do we believe this?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think its monkey see monkey do. Yes people always hold motives either represed, latent or overt. Yes a precident always is there either geneticaly or influencial. But what if its just there to do and there are no restraints?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
So before religion there was no evil?
I highly doubt that. Yes, evil is present in religious beliefs, but it can't be the root. The root is mankind.

The root is religion...mankinds manifestation....imaginary dieties who carry tangible real world powers....lol...it is organised insanity by willfull committee......and to top it off ALL MAJOR DOCTRINES STEM FROM AND ORIGINATE FROM one single text which has NO REFERENCES WHATSOEVER TO GODS ANGELS DIETIES OR IMAGINARY FRIENDS OF ANY KIND......that's right ...every single major doctrine is RELATED WITH ABSOLUTION....and the MOTHER TEXT debunks all religons dieties gods angels and imaginary friends...good men who turned into evil selfish greedy men instead of opting for honesty and openness or rather FIGHTING FOR SUCH...created imaginary boundries and has yet to let them go.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Like St Paul said: Sin is breaking the law. Before the law there was no sin. Do we believe this?

Are we suggesting we only know right from wrong because we are told what's right and what's wrong?

Or do we have a natural moral compass? That predates any form of religious teaching?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I don't know the answer to that. Moral relativism is definitely not the answer.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Is it not written that - "Isaiah_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Think upon this and you will have your answer. Creation cannot have choice without evil.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

There is no such thing as good or evil. Just relative morality and the popular opinions on morality of the day.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is no such thing as good or evil. Just relative morality and the popular opinions on morality of the day.

Call it what you wish, Makes no difference of your understanding in word play. Your choice in words will not change the perfect will or permissive will in this existence.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Define "perfect will". Don't use the bible either.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
there is no such thing as evil, it's all about perspective.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join