It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun almost setting around 12:45pm in late Feb or early March of this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Last year I could see the moon in the sky at around 13:00 pm. That was weird enough... it became weirder when I realised that there must have been a moon to see too...at the other side of the planet where it is night time

One the other side of the Earth they would see the moon after daytime arrives.

The moon rise is about noon (daytime) at the first quarter phase of the moon and it sets about midnight.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: wylekat

Well for me it (reality) feels like a simulation , and it's my believe that we indeed life in a kind of simulation.
It's quite easy to dismiss this as some kind psychotic disorder. But it is as it is. Some people just don't act like they have a soul or even moral... Not that they are bad people but it's like they are not entirely here like part of them is else were consumed by whatever it may be. Maybe their consciousness is less than it used to be idk?

Something with time... people even small kids nowadays are amazed how fast time is speeding. Consciousness is related to percieving time , a lot people percieve time different than for instance 6 years ago ?

Well I can't prove anything , so on a personal level I've decided not to 'real' talk with people that act/feel like they have no soul. I leave it to the everyday life conversations and respect their state... it's a survival mechanism and a way to stay in focus nothing more.

Did you happen to catch
Or did it happen so fast
What you thought would always last
Has passed you by
Is everything speeding up
Or am I slowing down
Just spinning around
And I don't know why
All the pieces don't fit
Thought I didn't give a #
I never wanted to be like you
But for all I aspire
I am really a liar
And I'm running out of things I can do
I'd like to stay
But every day
Everything pushes me further away
If you could show
Help me to know
How it's supposed to be
Where did it go?
Pleading and
Needing and
Bleeding and
Breeding and
Feeding
Exceeding
Where is everybody?
Trying and lying
Defying denying
Crying and dying
Where is everybody?
Well okay, enough,
You've had your fun
But come on there has to be someone
That hasn't yet become
So numb and succumb
And god damn I am so tired of pretending
Of wishing I was ending
When all I'm really doing is trying to hide
And keep it inside
And fill it with lies
Open my eyes?
Maybe I wish I could try
Pleading and needing
And bleeding and breeding
And feeding exceeding
Where is everybody?
Trying and lying
Defying denying
Crying and dying
Where is everybody?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lord this isnt about pole flips they do NOT effect the planets orbit .
What it does effect if earths ability to block gama rays and such causing a rise in mutation but over all the effect is minimal .
polar flips have NOTHING to do with earths rotation or orientation in space !

btw earth goes through polar flips about every 200 - 300 k years we know this because when volcano's trough out magnetic rock the magnetic partials will be facing what every way north and south were at the time .

But this does NOT change were the sun sets or how fast the earth rotates . The over all effect is the field gets weaker for a time wile flipping but even that is just enough to slightly incress radiation earth serfice gets from the sun .
So relax earth is fine .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Select your location and check the predictions for sunrise/set, moonrise/set. You will get times and azimuth for each.

Then get back to us.
www.timeanddate.com...

If you use a compass, don't forget to correct for declination.
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

For the record, everything is normal in my part of the world. As far as the sky goes, anyway.

edit on 4/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Select your location and check the predictions for sunrise/set, moonrise/set. You will get times and azimuth for each.

Then get back to us.
www.timeanddate.com...

www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

For the record, everything is normal in my part of the world. As far as the sky goes, anyway.

Good info for any person wanting to fact check this kind of thing for themselves.

Things seem to be normal here in krappyfornia too...well....at least the Sun and Moon are normal here.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Phage has a room with a view...

wap.parrette.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I'm not the best person to explain this but the sun is generally higher in the sky (more over head) in summer than it is in winter. Have a look at the following video at about the 3 min mark to see what I mean.

It sorta rainbows over the horizon in winter because of the angle of the Earth (winter is just the part of the planet you are on being tilted more away from the sun), instead of arcing right overhead.

I'm sure someone will come in here soon and show me I'm an idiot but I think I'm right lol.

Great video but this should be basic general knowledge.
It's time people stop spending all their time trying to learn the latest technology and get back to nature a bit more.
Our wisdom is waning.........

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Last year I could see the moon in the sky at around 13:00 pm. That was weird enough... it became weirder when I realised that there must have been a moon to see too...at the other side of the planet where it is night time. How can the moon be at two places on the same "time"? I am not a flat earther but somehow it is one giant puzzle which is presented us false when we were young in school..and later i life. Something is wrong with the picture we have all accepted as being the truth. Maybe this jive with the moonlandings have something to do with it.. you know.. there is no picture of Earth from space...not even the space station can give us a true picture of the Moon...or the Earth. WTF is going on..?

Zat

Not very much learned in Astronomy , are you ?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If the Earth just once speeded up rotation....

1) We no longer exist on the physical plane , and have moved on to the spiritual (as heaven and earth passed away)
2) It reached speed of light and the Earth was shifted into an alternate universe (see above)
3) Imagination (on our part , or the great programmer's part ?)
4) A bug in the system (wait for the next update)
5) A dream (Nyquil does strange things to dreams)
6) Nonsense

edit on 4/24/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Then get back to us.
www.timeanddate.com...

www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

Good info for any person wanting to fact check this kind of thing for themselves.

Things seem to be normal here in krappyfornia too...well....at least the Sun and Moon are normal here.

I live between philly and Harrisburg Pa, basically live around give or take 10 miles or so. 40.33, -76.01 . So my location says high noon is 12:18 and sunset is 5:52, which is about what I had thought (since it was about feb 25, about 30 days befor the equinox. Now the hill makes the sun set about 30-45 mins early because it rises to the south west of the house all the way to the north, as it wraps around. It always gets darker there earlier but the other side of the hill, especially at the top, gets a little bit later sunset by about 4-6 mins because it is about 90-110 ft higher than the distant horizon.

I only know that this was noticed after finishing brunch and cleaning up, went to the back of the house to the wash room and it was shining basically parallel to the ground, well very slight angle downward from the top of the hill. 3 other people saw it as well, one totally agreed with me, the other who seems to think nothing is wrong win the world (including government, healthcare, etc) said this is how thing are in the winter... The third, i think agreed with the two of us, but that would have caused a fight so no comment was made.

We also get crocuses and snow drops blooming in November and January in some years, not that that is strictly related to this, but this year, they have bloomed 3x before the last full bloom which has never happened before.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join