It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotten Tomatoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It was just another day crying about TLJ and poor Luke than bam I actually agreed with a flattarded werido, he presented an interesting analysis of rotten tomato reviews.

(I guess this dude believes in FE or something accoring to the video summary but I digress and am not wasting time on that nonsense FE bs)

I wasn't really surprised, but the comments showed just how unapparent this was so I decided to spread the information. It is in Fandango's terms of use under monitoring:

MONITORING Fandango may, but has no obligation to, monitor the use of the Services by members. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes in accordance with the Privacy Policy. Furthermore, Fandango reserves the right at all times to disclose any information posted on any portion of the Services as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post, or to remove, any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in Fandango's sole and absolute discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms.

Note the part in the excerpt that says their sole and abolute discretion!

Reddit seems to have some kind of block as all my threads about this there were taken down. I really would like to see a damn honest review and score lately because of all the PC garbage that comes out. I really want to get through to those who aren't aware though and those that are I ask that you stop using these services till they change their tune.

I am not a hater of a bad SW film well I liked the original trilogy more, I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy too Jar Jar and the Ewoks etc werent a problem for me as Ewan Mcgregor's acting I thought was really good and Obi-wan became my favorite Jedi but Darth Vaders story is just wildly wicked and I throughly enjoyed it, save the romantic scenes because f-that use the force mofo.
I really want to see the conclusion of Rey's story as well in IX even though I do find it to be kind of all over the place. I did not like TLJ however, especially that dummy Rose and how the whole Leia thing and o god Holdor was just an awful choice for what they did , imo should of used the already famous Ackbar it would of been a much more humble of a way for a beloved OT character to go.

Being an 80's babies I was raised loving SW and have bought countless merchandise over the years and Rian Johnson just makes my skin crawl with his comments such as in this video:

I thought I was the most ignorant butthead in the world, it just isn't fair! Just because you were given a job and a horribly talented boss to push you around dosen't mean you can neglect decades of passion from the fanbase. Screw you KK and RJ admit your mistakes don't just put it on the people you've upset with them.

But w/e life goes on and I hope I've shined some light of enlightenment for you today and that in the future everyone can just decide for themselves, not what the pair of tits on FB is saying or non-credible review sites who manipulate user reviews for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
We will be seeing a number of competitors come out for all of these sites soon enough. They are leaving the field wide open for someone who doesn’t censor and manipulate the way RT, Facebook, YT and others do.

Right now there is a well funded YouTube alternative set to launch called ‘real.video’. I think they are going to kill it once they launch because YT is a terrible site with heavy censorship.

real.video

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil

the last jedi was probably the last new star wars film I will ever see. Its like no one on that crew even watched the original movies.. If it was just a swing and a miss then ok ill watch another.. That "movie" was like fvck you and fvck you too! ok.. Im out.

user reviews are profit drivers and profit killers.. They are manipulated from here on out. In my own case Im tempted to still read them before I dive into a movie, but no Im done with that.. back to my 90s life where I just had to hope for the future....

can I hope for the future?
edit on 23-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I thought the last Jedi was pretty good. I just think it’s stupid the new trilogy is the exact same template of the previous trilogies... good Jedi vs bad Jedi. Jedi from desert planet takes on the bad Jedi threatening the world.

Bring something cool in like the builders and how they were created and completely turned to dark and forced their creators to devolve into dinosaurs. But no we get Rey...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

#NotMyStarWars

The problem with the new Disney stuff, and the prequels, was too much was implied, or just talked about.

And the stuff that was implied or talked about...was far more interesting than what we were actually shown.

They got it all backasswards.

edit on 24-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Disney pissed in the punch bowl.
It's what they do.
At least they had the courtesy to sugar-coat that turd.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm anchored into the large group of Star Wars fans who buried the franchise after TLJ. I was appalled at how terrible the movie was. I don't mind bad a$$ female characters or diversity in cinema at all. I encourage it....because it opens up a great deal of creativity to entertainment and sends the right message that we are all created equal. But...within limits. Meaning I don't like seeing 5 foot nothin 90 pound vegan women toss 250 pound men around like their stuffed animals. Outsmart the bigger enemy...don't play in fantasyland.

Anyway, Star Wars has taken it to a whole new dimension of feminism and made it abundantly clear that they are ridding the universe of the dominant white male character. Again...I personally don't care who the lead is...but don't make it obvious that there's an agenda behind it. Black Panther was a great example of how to add minority's to the spotlight of a major motion picture franchise. But with Star Wars...they made Luke look like Puke and Leia look like a God.

On point...I agree with this. 90% of the people I know hated this movie, and it's abundantly clear that the negative reactions to the film are being censored and ignored. Wait till the Solo movie comes out and completely flops. They'll blame it on everything but the fact that TLJ killed the who SW's universe.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Am I the only only onely one who has a problem intereptretating abvevvated versioons of words?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The film sucked even by ignoring the social justice agenda.
The critics are just to scared to say so.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Never watched the last Jedi...fell asleep while watching the first new one...can't remember what it's called. Im not usually a person who sleeps through movies and even lousy ones I end up watching...but I just couldn't do it. I think I'm over star wars which kinda sucks...i've seen the originals more times than I can count and even watched the prequels a couple times but I can't do it again. It's just too much of the same # done in an even less interesting way.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The last Jedi was crap-I am a Star Wars Fanatic and no amount of rose colored glasses could change my mind; even some my friends-non Star Wars fans-said it was crap. It was just a bad movie that was poorly paced and oddly edited. And when the star of the show Mark Hamill-WHO IS A FAN OF THE SERIES-hated the way how his character story arc unfolds you know there is a problem.

I told a friend that Lucas should have never have sold the rights to Disney, even over the phone I could sense my friend nodding in agreement.
edit on 24-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I can't help you if you don't clarify what acronyms exactly.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Never watched the last Jedi...fell asleep while watching the first new one...can't remember what it's called.

It's called The Force Awakens and it's pretty much a copy and paste version of A new hope.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I like strong female characters -- Ellen Ripley kicks ass -- but they just should have called The Force Awakens The Feminist Awakens because they made Rey such an overpowering Mary Sue. She could have totally rocked, but she wasn't ever really challenged. She always just "discovered" her awesome Mary Sue Force powers at the key moment to keep her from really being in trouble.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think what alot of people miss is that is exactly what they were going for hence the title (The Force Awakens). All the blanks filled in by the mystery of the force. Though some backstory is severely missing parts on Rey like they planning an origins story or something for how she trained with that weapon of hers, it is my theory she found jedi training holodiscs and such and such while scavenging as well and had some kind of old man Obi-wan character in her past as well. But knowing how TLJ went disney is probz just gonna be like "nope, pussy pass."
edit on 24-4-2018 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If you have to fill in the blanks in order to explain how Rey was doing it, then the story has problems. If this is how Rey could suddenly do things that we've never seen any other completely untrained force user doing, then it needed to be explained that she'd had at least some rudimentary training.

That they didn't do anything of the sort and just made Rey a Mary Sue is poor storytelling.

new topics

top topics

join