It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 flyby at Moffett Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So was on my usual ride along the Bay Trail today and I spotted a C-5M sitting behind Hangers 2 and 3 on the backside. I thought I saw the A/C lights flashing so I hustled along the trail to a spot I know that allows good shots of aircraft taking off. I was about halfway to the spot when i noticed two object heading over the runway with a super loud howl. By the time I pulled over and got out the SLR from my backpack I was able to snap a few shots of the F-35's as they flew by. I don't think they landed and as always they did not show up even on unfiltered OpenABS (the app I use). The headed South after takeoff

So for me it was only the second time I have seen an F-35 in the air, first time here, and the first time I have seen more than one. The C-5M never moved BTW so hopefully its there on the 23rd.

edit on 4/23/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Was probably just the Google Boys. They and company use NASA's Moffett Field (a de facto military base) as their own personal / company airstrip.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Was probably just the Google Boys. They and company use NASA's Moffett Field (a de facto military base) as their own personal / company airstrip.

I know I fly out of there too actually but Googles fleet does not include F-35's.........

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

They frequently have power on if they're opening the doors or nose and doing loading, so you'll see the light on.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Or C-5s.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They frequently have power on if they're opening the doors or nose and doing loading, so you'll see the light on.

Yeah I was too far away and was hoping they would be taking off... I mean who dosen't like seeing that thing lumber into the air! The F-35 were totally unexpected.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I know I fly out of there too actually but Googles fleet does not include F-35's.........

pfff That's what they would like you to believe. Toys R Us just sold an untold amount of jets. And do you know who bought them? Freaking kids man.....kids with jets is no good combo

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I must have missed them. Was on dumbarton bridge 3 times today and I’m always looking over there. I played golf at moffett a few times. Once during the air show a few years back. It was awesome except for the fact that it’s really hard to hit a good drive with jets buzzing over head.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
thanks for takin us in there with ya...so cool...man I'm stuck in Texas,,,good for me to get out now and then huh!!

those pics zoom in wonderfully

edit on 23-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If you get down to March sometime in the near future, the Omega guys are flying out of there. I know they have at least one 707, and I think they have their KDC-10 there too.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
I must have missed them. Was on dumbarton bridge 3 times today and I’m always looking over there. I played golf at moffett a few times. Once during the air show a few years back. It was awesome except for the fact that it’s really hard to hit a good drive with jets buzzing over head.

It was around 1330. The Bay Trail runs around the back of the runway and you can see it one fo the shots. Its not a bad spot to view and Ive caught quite a few interesting thing over the years

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
thanks for takin us in there with ya...so cool...man I'm stuck in Texas,,,good for me to get out now and then huh!!

those pics zoom in wonderfully

Your welcome! I could have shot video but took the time to get the SLR out. I didn't have the zoom lens on which is a bummer

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you get down to March sometime in the near future, the Omega guys are flying out of there. I know they have at least one 707, and I think they have their KDC-10 there too.

Ill have to check that one out if we are in the area for sure

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
The C-5M never moved BTW so hopefully its there on the 23rd.

Are those turbines running / in idle? Looks like the air in front of the white lengthy block is flimmering. Or is this just photo quality tricking me?

new topics

top topics

join