It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Ruins in China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This story is not new and has been mentioned here at ATS in replies but this story is worthy of its own thread. I did a quick search and came up with ZIP. Well, it appears that this city is not only ancient but fairly advanced for the surrounding area. Somehow it was submerged. Exactly how and when this occurred has been up for debate leading to much speculation. Yes, there is a "Pyramid" also, strange writing. Not sure what exactly that supposed to mean. What makes this interesting to me is that this Pyramid is stone. Many already know there are huge amounts of large pyramids in China but mostly all of them are huge Earth works while this one is stone.

Enigmatic Carvings on Underwater Ruins in China Mystify Investigators

In an underwater investigation in Fuxian Lake, Yunnan Province, China, started on June 13, archeologists discovered remains of a group of huge ancient buildings at the bottom of the lake. In the past few days, the investigation team found numerous regularly placed stones featuring mysterious carvings. The new discoveries proved that the magnificent architecture was built by civilized human beings

I have searched for more up to date information Wiki Doesn't have much more than some carbon dating. It doesn't mention the "Pyramid" either.

Lost city In 2001 it was reported that earthenware and stonework covering an area of approximately 2.4–2.7 square kilometers had been discovered beneath the lake. Carbon dating circa 2007 confirmed an age of 1,750 years, or approximately 257 CE. It is thought that the remains may represent buildings from the ancient Dian Kingdom that slid into the lake during an earthquake.[14][15] In 2006, CCTV made an additional survey. Carbon dating in 2007 found relics to be roughly 1,750 years old. In October 2014 additional research was made on the site by a multidisciplinary team. Portions were mapped and 42 handmade stone artifacts were recovered from a depth of seven meters

Here is another site that talks about the location....

Enigmatic Carvings on Underwater Ruins in China Mystify Investigators

An Underwater Pyramid More Advanced Than the Egyptian Pyramids

In the remains under Fuxian Lake, one of the structures resembles a pyramid. This pyramid seems to be more advanced than the Egyptian pyramids, as the stones are ornamented with various designs and symbols.

Ancient-Origins

And of course....

The Ancient Alien crowd tried to tag it as one of their own.

Image Source

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Interesting find. I learned something today. To quote from the article:

"1,750 years, or approximately 257 CE". I had no idea what CE stood for. Common Era. For those who cannot accept BC.

edit on 4-20-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Interesting find. I learned something today. To quote from the article:

"1,750 years, or approximately 257 CE". I had no idea what CE stood for. Common Era. For those who cannot accept BC.

CE is for "those who cannot accept" AD, not BC.
BCE is for the ones that can't accept BC.

With all the websites and videos put up by the slack-jawed chronically astonished, it seems a bit odd that you can't find a pic of this "Mayan-style" pyramid that's not an artist's conception, doesn't it?

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

In the remains under Fuxian Lake, one of the structures resembles a pyramid. This pyramid seems to be more advanced than the Egyptian pyramids, as the stones are ornamented with various designs and symbols.

I'll do well to remember that...

* Draws pictures and squiggly lines on self and walls

"Look Ma! I'm so advanced!"

No but seriously, it's always good to read about stuff like this. It's the technical side of things I love to read too. Like why does this site sit at the bottom of a lake.

We humans love to recycle too, it's why sites like this should always take priority over sites like Petra for instance, other than the safeguarding and maintenance of said sites we are not going to understand much more or have intimite relationship with our past. The good stuff is gone so to speak.

We'll take what isn't nailed down or too much to handle.

More advanced than the pyramids of Giza is a stretch though, we don't know too much about them in their pristine state. Apparently it too may have had a facade with squiggly lines and pictures.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Hey Harte

Long time no see. I must have missed the "Mayan Style" reference. Good point, but China has a record that up till fairly recently of keeping their Pyramids under wraps. China is full of them and yet not much is published. Only that they have them and most are not investigated.

So it doesn't surprise me in the least its bare bones on info

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Agreed, that's why this story and site are intriguing to me. Hardly any info available.

Fires the imagination.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Hey Harte

Long time no see. I must have missed the "Mayan Style" reference. Good point, but China has a record that up till fairly recently of keeping their Pyramids under wraps. China is full of them and yet not much is published. Only that they have them and most are not investigated.

So it doesn't surprise me in the least its bare bones on info

Okay.
But I found a description of this building that said it had three floors, and stairs from floor to floor were reminiscent of the Mayan style.

I have to say that it surely makes you wonder exactly why the "Mayan style pyramid" description is so prevalent.

As if I had to guess.

Good to see you too.

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That is, why does everything have to be so overblown?

Is it not cool enough that there's this almost-ancient city under a lake for Christ's sake?

Not blaming you, of course, but geez, I need some reals, not this breathless, astonished, Ancient Aliens flapdoodley crapola.

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"What? You've found a city under the lake?"
"Quick! Go back and look around until you find something I can call a pyramid!"

(calls work) "Hold the presses!"

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

ha haaaa..

Yup, I guess you know me all too well. I'm thinking Olmec not Mayan, The Olmec jade masks come in two variety, Very Asian or very African looking. Not to mention the Giant stone heads which do look remarkably African. But back to the design. Step pyramids are found all over the world. Doesn't really mean they were all sourced from a common fountain so to speak.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

LOL

Just LOL

I love it.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Lake Titicaca?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I love this stuff...one day someone will find a set of lost car keys in them ruins

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I've read about them before. There's quite a number of lake's created by the fearless Chinese Communist Party which put important historical ruins under water.

China doesn't care about that stuff too much, we need progress so says the party!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I do not know why China would want to keep their pyramids private. I suppose they do not want their country overrun with tourists who teach bad things to their citizens. They have a different kind of society than we do, it is better just to keep what they have and laugh at us for the pyramids in other areas that were robbed of all of the artifacts. I bet they have strict laws governing robbing those places.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you Slayer for giving me a good reason to come back here! I hadn't seen a reference as to how old the lake is. It makes me wonder if it may be old enough to have been created by melting ice? You come across anything regarding geological examination of the area?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not know why China would want to keep their pyramids private. I suppose they do not want their country overrun with tourists who teach bad things to their citizens. They have a different kind of society than we do, it is better just to keep what they have and laugh at us for the pyramids in other areas that were robbed of all of the artifacts. I bet they have strict laws governing robbing those places.

I bet Kublai Khan had one rule, bring it to him! Those temples were probably robbed of gold and the buildings left intact on purpose.
www.who2.com

a little off subject but it is interesting that after they defeated the last of the Chinese held cities, they politely kept the heritage of the Dynastic Chinese architecture and lived in the stronger buildings of Chinese design. The Khans blended into the Chinese culture they had absorbed with Mongrel hordes. Netflix has series called "Marco Polo" if you want to get a feel for how they lived as they became Chinese. Kublai Khan dominating decisions for a very large area made for interesting trade agreements with the west and the Polo family.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Thank you Slayer for giving me a good reason to come back here! I hadn't seen a reference as to how old the lake is. It makes me wonder if it may be old enough to have been created by melting ice? You come across anything regarding geological examination of the area?

The reference from the youtube , it was before the last Ice Age.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Lake Titicaca?

Horse pucky.
Seahorse pucky, to be precise.

Harte
edit on 4/20/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: rickymouse

I bet Kublai Khan had one rule, bring it to him! Those temples were probably robbed of gold and the buildings left intact on purpose.
www.who2.com

a little off subject but it is interesting that after they defeated the last of the Chinese held cities, they politely kept the heritage of the Dynastic Chinese architecture and lived in the stronger buildings of Chinese design. The Khans blended into the Chinese culture they had absorbed with Mongrel hordes. Netflix has series called "Marco Polo" if you want to get a feel for how they lived as they became Chinese. Kublai Khan dominating decisions for a very large area made for interesting trade agreements with the west and the Polo family.

Nothing says "I win" better than living in your house among your corpses.

At least they "blended" they did come from Mongolia tho. Not like they came from el salvador.

Where do you think Italy got pasta from? Good score Marco.

3 Gorges dam drowned a lot of old sites.

edit on 4 20 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join