It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we continue to suffer Original Sin, if Jesus redeemed us on the Cross?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

You are exactly the reason I don't come into this forum often so closed minded...I do not and will not follow the old testament fairy story. All dogma...but get this I can follow Jesus as I wish the rest is unimportant left to argue about.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

You are exactly the reason I don't come into this forum often so closed minded...I do not and will not follow the old testament fairy story. All dogma...but get this I can follow Jesus as I wish the rest is unimportant left to argue about.

Have I offended you?

I didn't force you to believe. I only offer explanation as best as I could, because you remind me of myself.

I already said, you are free to do anything you like, but remember every action has a reaction. There is nothing logical to argue about it. It just the law of physics.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to express your thought. I am sorry for my post. I promise I won't bother you anymore. So rest assure, you can post freely without me getting in your way again.

Good luck to you.

edit on 24-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Nah not offended at all just tired of the Christian/Jewish/Muslim rhetoric over small details, especially in Christianity when ultimately it isn't if you eat fish or use the small fork but ultimately and only a belief in Christ as a savoir that maters...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
personal bickering is not helpful.

My main question was, why we continue SUFFERING if we are FORGIVEN for our PERSONAL SINS as well as we are WASHED once and for all from the ORIGINAL SIN.

Moreover, the average person of the 7 bln population doesn't have the time and opportunity in his short life to make as many sins as to deserve the miserable life he/she leads here. Children suffer en masse, and that is not Another question. That is the same question. Everyone has been a child first, and started SUFFERING BEFORE HE/SHE COMMITTED ANY SINS.

Please give your own opinion, not preset dusty theories that proved for 20 centuries to be incorrect, to put it mildly.
edit on 3-5-2018 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: 2012newstart

Because if you enter the world being taught that you are inherently flawed, it's easier to be controlled and easier to put your faith in something outside of yourself.

Doesn't TV, advertising etc teach you that you are inherently flawed? Are we not bombarded daily by secular voices that you are too fat, too thin, too boring, too poor, too ugly? We are conditioned to accept the material view point that it is all about appearance. We are conditioned to propagate the shallow facades of perception because we are told life is only about what we can see, hear, smell, think and feel. History tells us how easy it is to manipulate all of those senses and conform us or shame us into going with whatever cultural and social wind is blowing. I am a firm advocate of the truth Jesus said, that we all like sheep have gone astray. Just because you baulk at the herd movements you see around you, that doesn't make you any less a sheep. You define yourself by the flock you graze with and mock the others you consider naive or stupid. But you are still a sheep, regardless of how enlightened you think you are.
'Nah, I follow my own path/' Really? Who showed you that path? Who are your points of inspiration for your present enlightenment? Nietzsche? Castro? Trump? Jesus? Mao? Dawkins? Buddha? Behold your shepherds who have shaped your path! You maintain your 'unique path', but a sheep by any other name hearkens to the voice of their shepherd.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
eating an apple/fruit, and so big disobedience in childish mode, cannot possibly produce taht every baby born to the end of the world will be inheritently prone to evil.
Were Adam and Eve genetically manipulated? Do we have Anunaki story instead?

Personal sins that pile up to heaven that deserve one's suffering for eternity in hell...but where are those personal sins for the majority of people? We are not Hitlers or Neros!

edit on 4-5-2018 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Again I want to clarify, I believe the original sin indeed took place, with horrible consequences that could be fully reverted only at the resurrection in the last day.

The problem is we were never told what it were. Today's people need more than symbology in order to believe. In other words, the problem goes straight into those people who assumed the authority coming from Jesus Christ. They can and must do more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join