It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Pickled Eggs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Like pickled eggs?

There is another thread about chickens and we raise a few for eggs (and soup!). Anyway, it doesn't take very many chickens to wind up with a WHOLE LOT of eggs! The wife and I can only eat so many eggs, so what to do with the rest?

Well, I had a buddy of mine share a easy secret for pickling eggs...and I loves me some pickled eggs!!. All you have to do is hard boil up some eggs, peel them and drop them into an empty jar of McClure's Spicy-Sweet pickle juice. In other words, eat the pickles, but save the juice, then put the hard boiled eggs in the pickle juice with the spices, onions, garlic and peppers already in there. In a couple days you have some fantastic pickled eggs (likely better than you've ever had before!)

I really recommend the McClure's pickles. They're expensive, but there's a reason. You can also use the Famous Daves spicy pickle juice, but it's kind of too sweet in my opinion. Also, any eggs will do.

Try it, you'll love it. And it's super easy too.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cheers mate. I'd like to try this when the chooks come on the lay again.

Just a question.

How long do the eggs last in the pickles?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i sopose viniger pickel spice n whatever else u wana toss in there is the hard way lol

i like to buy giant pickel or jalapeno jars to keep em in maby next time i wont empty the jalapeno juice n see how it tast

i to have a massive supply off eggs my inlaws raise chickens ... i have no idea why they think me and my wife can eat 3 dozen eggs a week tho

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Frogranch Pepperd pickles! Theyre my favorite, try them if you havent...I harvest 14- 24 eggs a day in the spring and summer...lol I cant believe I never did this! Thanks for the whack in the head!
edit on 8-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

eta my wife is smacking me, she uses it in our tuna, egg and chicken salad...lol so try that too!
edit on 8-4-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

oh and the wife is telling me to tell yall...DONT BOIL THE EGGS
steam them in a screen collander within a pot, shells peel like wrapping paper, no muss, no fuss

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Which ones are they? The spicy sweet pickle chips?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

we use the frogranch peppered bread and butter....so damned good!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yea I save the old pickle juice just for this reason. We only have 4 layers but damned if we can eat even that much.
The gf doesn't like anything spicy, so I doubt I'll convince her to buy me some spicy pickles. Hell, the last time I made pickled eggs she wouldn't even left me put in any garlic or onions! So I'm not sure what kind of pickled eggs she's had before, but they don't live up to my standard.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Yeah, I use them when i go hunting. It's a quick food, delicious and oh so aromatic!

LOL!

They are fantastic though!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

just a timer and add bakeing soda will do the same ... well the timer part is most important eggs get hard to peel when there overcooked

but bakimg soda is like powdered egg shell remover if u dont own a timer
edit on 8-4-2018 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I save the juice from the gallon size jar of pickled bologna. Boil some eggs, drop'em in and wait.
The waiting is the hardest part.
mmm...pickled bologna and Saltine crackers. You guys are a bad influence. This is the 2nd thread I've got into today where you've got me thinking about food.
I'm gonna weigh 300 lbs.

edit on 8-4-2018 by DAVID64 because: words

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You guys on the East side of the US have it good! We don't have McClures, or the hot Frog pickels over here in California, and if you want them from Amazon, you have to buy 4 big jars for about 70 bucks.
Grandpa just got some real nice organic, natural, cage free, humanely treated brown chicken eggs today, and now I want some pickeled eggs!
, darn it!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey flyingdisc, When you eat those eggs at home, you have to tell your wife " Don't lift the covers, or youll smell a rose"

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I make hot pickled eggs with cauliflower, pearl onions, cucumber chunks, and jalapenos, Habonaros, banana peppers, and Hot Chilis. I perfected the pickling recipe over maybe ten years, the pickling recipe works good in brocoli and bacon salad too. It takes a long time to make, the eggs need to be brined after boiling and peeling. I usually make five dozen eggs in five gallon bottles at a time. I give all but a gallon to my kids and brother and a friend. They need to sit in the fridge for about a week to get good. I learned not to give them out till after three days, telling them that they should sit a week. They are gone in two days after I give them to them.

The recipe for the pickling solution is modified from one I was given by an old person a while back, his wife made the original recipe.

A couple of eggs and some veggies and your forehead is dripping and you are sweating all over. No need to work out or take a sauna to get detoxed.
edit on 8-4-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I like you more and more

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Are you gonna tell us the exact recipe? So we can try it? Does it burn your mouth?

originally posted by: rickymouse
I make hot pickled eggs with cauliflower, pearl onions, cucumber chunks, and jalapenos, Habonaros, banana peppers, and Hot Chilis. I perfected the pickling recipe over maybe ten years, the pickling recipe works good in brocoli and bacon salad too. It takes a long time to make, the eggs need to be brined after boiling and peeling. I usually make five dozen eggs in five gallon bottles at a time. I give all but a gallon to my kids and brother and a friend. They need to sit in the fridge for about a week to get good. I learned not to give them out till after three days, telling them that they should sit a week. They are gone in two days after I give them to them.

The recipe for the pickling solution is modified from one I was given by an old person a while back, his wife made the original recipe.

A couple of eggs and some veggies and your forehead is dripping and you are sweating all over. No need to work out or take a sauna to get detoxed.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Pickle-juice is great to re-use.
Like using the smallest eggs available.
It seems they absorb the flavors quicker, and are easier to plop the whole egg into your mouth in one shot.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
we are having spaghetti tonight. I get to make the meatballs. They will have chopped black olives, elefant garlic, eggs, panko, tomato, and parmesan. We are going to pick some fresh Basil, oregano, and lemon thyme out in the orchard in a few minutes . Grandpa says were gonna bake them. Grandpa got some ground Kobe beef. He is sitting out by the pond. Im hungry now. We have some peanuts to eat for now from Virginia

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Been at the hunting lease with my brother.
The only food we had was a jar of pickled quail eggs and pickled brussel sprouts.
Washed down with bucket loads of beer.
Talk about chemical warfare.
The farts were an attrocity.
A crime against humanity.
edit on 8-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join