It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, my brother just informed me he's a Freemason...should I be concerned?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Be happy for him. he is part of the oldest fraternity and among some of the greatest men to walk the earth. I'm not a 33rd yet, so I can't say with any certainty that once you reach that level, you grow horns or anything, but the men I know who are 33rds, are the same men they were when they were 32nds, just wear a nice white hat now. I have found all of the negativity in masonry to be lies.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have found all of the negativity in masonry to be lies.

I can't work out whose more badass - Satan, Trump or bloody freemasons.

All I know is that, once again, the Amish fly under the radar - don't worry, I'm watching those #ers.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As a pod person what did you do with the original you?.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
So, my brother just informed me he's a Freemason...should I be concerned?

Yes, you should be if you have, in no particular order:
  • Young children
  • Small dogs
  • Older children
  • Farm animals
  • Booze
  • Money
  • A hot wife
  • A cool TV
  • A pulse

edit on 6-4-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I bet your host gave a right fight before you podded him then flushed the goo down the toilet.
I like to think he got about 4 of you before he succumbed to the podding.
edit on 6-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

My brother just posted a picture on FB of his certification card and his Master Mason medal/medallion.
We're not that close and have only communicated through Facebook in recent years.
I had no idea he was even a member.
However, with all the negative rumors going around with the Freemasons and Illuminati, I'm a little concerned.
My question is...is my concern misplaced or is there legitimate reasons for me to be worried for him?
Of course I don't believe everything I read but this IS a "conspiracy" site and I figured...or at least hoped I could get some light/truth shed on this subject.

No. Not in the least. If anything... Within reasonable questioning.. He can answer you about Freemasonry.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mytquin

Seeing as you only stay in touch through Facebook theres a bloody good chance that you dont really care a hoot.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Welcome to the dark side.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As someone who knows very very little about masonhood, take this with a grain of salt but every mason I've ever met, or son of a mason etc... has been as normal as it gets. Well, a little better than normal. The Masons I've met have been kind, helpful, and generally just decent human beings who want to further their own success and the successes of others around them.

Honestly, might be a good chance for you to get to know your bro a little more if you're at all interested in that. You might even like to join him someday!

-Alee

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well since you have a family member who is part of them, why don't you join them and find out on your own? You have an in. Go deny some ignorance.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

My brother just posted a picture on FB of his certification card and his Master Mason medal/medallion.
We're not that close and have only communicated through Facebook in recent years.
However, with all the negative rumors going around with the Freemasons and Illuminati, I'm a little concerned.
My question is...is my concern misplaced or is there legitimate reasons for me to be worried for him?
Of course I don't believe everything I read but this IS a "conspiracy" site and I figured...or at least hoped I could get some light/truth shed on this subject.

Since they accepted your brother as a member it means he's a pretty good guy...He likes helping other people...Be proud of him...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Why do you think it matters.....the Masons have acess to no more data than you do here and online....all of their secrets are available online today....plain and simple...same with the other so-called secret societies....they are simply a gang like any other gang....power in numbers...playing the game long term.....same dynamic as any religon......if you dont like small special interest groups running our world oblivious to what We The People wish...then you shouldnt like any type of group that exists to make globally impactfull decisions without the voice of the masses behind them.

I can only postulate,however......IMHO....ALL secret societies hide the SAME SECRET....every 3657 years Nibiru passes Earth wiping out global civilisations.....and these groups all know the timeline of the cycle.....they are secretly positioning themselves to be leaders POST EVENT...every single cycle they try to keep an organised group intact so THEY CAN CONTROL HUMANITY WHEN IT RE-ESTABLISHES ITSELF...if it does.....these groups infight.....they keep the masses in the dark as they prepare themselves to survive the next incoming cycle of destruction....yes the bible and every major religon or doctrine on earth are really history books describing and outlining these cycles and telling us how to collectively work together to survive as a species.....what these groups are doing is called Humanitarian Terrorism....they are trying to say they do it for HUMANITY so at least some of us survive...these are lies....they ALL know very well that they are in fact competing for long term control of Humanity ....if any survive ....they plan to rule.

Next arrival date is 2021 IMHO.
edit on 6-4-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So something that's always confused me. Are Freemasons actually masons? Like do they know masonry? Im assuming they might have been at one point?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
You: I am worried about brother being allowed into this club that requires some pretty high quality expectations

Him: I am worried about brother spending time in conspiracy forums believing in all sorts of crazy stuff about illuminati, reptilians, moon men, space nazis, flat earth, etc.

Who has the more valid concern?

And yet you are spending time on a conspiracy site...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
I found out a while back that my uncle had been a mason for years. He has always been the nicest guy you could wish to meet, would help anyone and was always raising money for charities.

Glad to say none of that has changed. I'd be pleased your brother has found something he enjoys, I guess it's not for everyone but he's happy.

CX.

This is good to know. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Some more advice do not confront your brother or he will go all screamy like this.

Lol! I love that movie!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

The only concern you have now is sucking up to dear brother to get your own membership. I keep pestering Augustus in PM--maybe it'll pay off someday

Yeah, my dad was a mason. Had a real nice gold ring with diamonds in the shape of a compass with a G in the middle.

Never asked me to join or brought me in, however it works. See?

I wonder what happened to that ring?

Interesting that he never asked you to join.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
So something that's always confused me. Are Freemasons actually masons? Like do they know masonry? Im assuming they might have been at one point?

Originally, yes. They were really masons and knew the craft very well. They also gave spiritual meaning to the use of the tools.
At that time they can be compare with a workers union. They protected each other and share a knowledge on how to build and construct.
The term freemason came because some of them were travelers, and in most places they did not have to pay taxes, so they were free (free of paying taxes) masons.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Be happy for him. he is part of the oldest fraternity and among some of the greatest men to walk the earth. I'm not a 33rd yet, so I can't say with any certainty that once you reach that level, you grow horns or anything, but the men I know who are 33rds, are the same men they were when they were 32nds, just wear a nice white hat now. I have found all of the negativity in masonry to be lies.

Thank you for your reassurance. It means a lot.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Um, that's a bit presumptuous of you not to mention rude. If I didn't care I wouldn't be making this post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join