It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Time Spent in Heaven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have recently come to enjoy the Christian spirituality side of things, but I have a question.

What would the average person do with their first 1 million years in Heaven?

Seems as if it would get old quick. I just wanted to get some opinions, this isn't meant to ridicule or patronize anyone. This question is really for any believer of eternal bliss or eternal torture.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Sit around on puffy clouds eating ice cream from golden plates?

Or maybe Heaven is one long church service. How borings that?

Modern Churchianity has skewed the meaning of an afterlife. Don't fret, everyone eventually goes there, the experience of passing and where we wind up is better than your wildest dreams.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Travel the cosmos with family/friends, whirring through star dust nebula and bouncing off rings like those we see on Saturn

That could keep me busy for a couple of eons anyway

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
I have recently come to enjoy the Christian spirituality side of things, but I have a question.

Seems as if it would get old quick. I just wanted to get some opinions, this isn't meant to ridicule or patronize anyone. This question is really for any believer of eternal bliss or eternal torture.

Eternity is within no time-frame, but forever without end.. Days, nights, weeks, months, years, decades, millenia and eons and eons.... All forever

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I would beg God for a new vessel/body that allows me to remember everything I learn, teleport, time travel, observe all light wavelengths, shapeshift, and communicate with all creatures. Then I'd beg Him for a library that contains all of the Universe's knowledge, facts, languages, histories, etc. Then I'd spend all of my time reading those books and learning the languages.

I wouldn't want Him to simply import all of the knowledge into my head because some subjects I don't care about & wouldn't want to know. So this way, I'd have the choice to choose which subjects I could learn. And after that, I'd basically beg to be one of His Angels so I could teleport to different worlds & time periods, and then guide different creatures, raise "Prophets", communicate with the local bugs, trees, alpha predators, etc.

But in all honesty, I don't think we'd see "time" the same way that we do now. Human life is frail, humans age quickly, and humans love imposing deadlines (and stressing ourselves trying to meet those deadlines). This is why we fret so much about time. But if we had no concept of aging or hunger (eternal life) and our bodies simply maintained their peak levels, the time spent doing mundane things wouldn't matter so much.

And social people would probably love it even more because it would provide endless opportunities for gossip, bonding, family/friend/clique get-togethers, new relationships (and the gossip that comes with them), etc. And imagine the sheer amount of works Shakespeare or Tupac could produce if they had 7,000,000 years to work on books and albums lol. We could be producing and watching season 783 of our favorite shows with no end in sight.

In other words, eternal life without aging would be amazing.
edit on 4-4-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

maybe... Playing no mans sky

But joking aside , I think if there is really a heaven (state of perfect dynamic equilibrium) maybe there is no time in it. Or maybe time passes different...

I personally prefer Wallhala so if Christian's are right I would enter Hella's place after dead.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Time is just an illusion. As perceived in this "reality", time is a manifestation of the thoughts & beliefs (which act as filters)...of your physical mind. Maybe¿
edit on 4-4-2018 by AnonSapien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

you end up right back in another skin sack, fighting for your sustinence

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would design a virtual reality system so convincing that I would literally forget I was in VR. I would make it multiplayer and have set rules based off of my lived experience.

...or wait, is that what we did already?

hmm

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I don’t think that time exists beyond the physical realm so your question is probably not valid in so much as there is no similar context. I would expect to learn, explore, love and everything that gives existence meaning in any ‘heaven’. However, I doubt our human understanding could conceive of the nature of heaven in any meaningful way.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'd stick a human, a robot, a hologram, and a genetically enhanced feline in a mining ship with a slightly psychotic AI, and let them go around in circles for a million or so. Should be entertaining.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My guess would be what ever you want to do, as long as it is not repugnant to God.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It used to scare me - the thought of Heaven and eternity. I get bored real fast and couldn't comprehend how time would be forever. What is there to talk about in a perfect existence? And how can one be happy and be of a clean mind and be "whole" always? But, those are human thoughts from our only knowledge - of a human nature.

But then, as AnonSapien mentioned, time is only an earthly concept. God is all Holy and of such love, purity, peace, of belonging that I think we will be content just to be near Him. As believers, we return back to Him as we are PART of Him and so I believe we will be content to just exist within His presence.

Perhaps you've experienced those pure moments of existing in just the moment when you hear the most glorious music, see the most beautiful thing (birth of child, a sunset, seeing the Milky Way for the first time) and I think those are what we will experience constantly in Heaven - those wow/soaking in moments.

There is so much to see on this earth that one could spend many lifetimes just to explore/experience it all. The Bible tells us that God has prepared things for us that we can't even imagine. 1 Corinthians 2:9 New International Version:
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him."

Another way I've thought of it is when I spend the most loving, connected and intense family times where my heart wants to burst with such joy and I never want that moment to end.

These thoughts are what I am sure Heaven will be like, but way more than one can even imagine.

I think the possibilities will be endless. I also think that because God is so Holy and of such love that we would content forever to just worship Him.

edit on 4-4-2018 by InvisibleLady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Evaluate, explore, observe, survey existence.

Then if "granted" opportunity incarnate, transmigrate or build in areas of interest explored.

Maybe why at the same time traveling on a inter-dimensional Flagship/Mothership. That can move between dimensions and universal timespace in moments.

Since the souls are Eternal who is to say you won't choose to be born again as a human or as another species as you were born a human to experience life as a human but now as another species? Or choose to be manifested into a.i/bot or Light body type 4 civilization with access to technology to interact with lower civilizations types time lines and their primitive technologies?

Depending on how mature your spirit is or has became through your experiences within the Phases of Life and Death within Existence.

Must remember a EA*RTH year is based on the planets orbits around the current nearest star the Sun Sol. So a million years in the heavens above could be simplified as a trip between stars. Realistically not that much time...

If you were placed in Deep space travel like cryo or suspended sleep for 10000 EA*RTH years would your dreams span lifetimes?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You don't have a concept of time passing or boredom because there is no time there.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

"Get old quick"? That's a concern? I imagine the
the alternative would get old a bit sooner.

You don't have to go home
but you can't stay here.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I'd mack on as many hot angles as possible and try to sleep with each and every one of them...that may take quite a while as there are many angels...hahah

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well I envision heaven to be exactly like the life we already know and experience, except without strife, corruption, hatred, ignorance, death, decay, malice, etc.

So the question becomes: if you could live for a million years in a world where entropy no longer ruled the world and the minds of men, what would you do?

My answer: I would explore an infinite universe with my beloved by my side, I would work with others to create beautiful works of art, I would tell stories and think about philosophy... I would communicate with my fellow man about how to govern ourselves and manage our resources... everything that I wish to do here in this world already.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I'd mack on as many hot angles as possible and try to sleep with each and every one of them...that may take quite a while as there are many angels...hahah

I understand Tri-angles will try just about anything, but try and 'do it' when the Angels aren't watching; except for the Angel 'Ted' as He likes to watch...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You don't stay around that long you go through the veil and start your next life.
Heaven is the wrong word for the next step.
I would call it the source.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join