It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pope Francis say there is no hell? Not quite, the Vatican insists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Did Pope Francis say there is no hell? Not quite, the Vatican insists

The Vatican on Thursday rebuked Eugenio Scalfari, 93, a well-known Italian journalist who is the founder of Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper. When asked where "bad souls" end up, according to the article in Thursday’s La Repubblica, Francis reportedly said that those who repent can be forgiven, but those who don't repent simply "disappear." And then came the four words heard 'round the world: "Hell does not exist," the article quoted the pope as saying. "The disappearance of sinful souls exists.”

On my recent exploration of death, the consequences of, and future repercussions...

A quote by the pope. There's a lot of discussion on the giving up of the left's agenda with the former justice calling for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Also the rebuttal of said commentary. Is this another example of a public leader who's giving up a public narrative?

No one really knows until they themselves experience death. But just maybe?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The concept of the old christian heaven/hell is simply absurd.

You must love your enemy, your neighbor, humanity, etc.

And as a prize for this selfless love, you go to heaven...where you learn all those whom you loved are going to hell and being whatever, tortured for eternity...but hey, screw those guys, you got your prize

At best it is only the most selfish souls who therefore could enter, otherwise, heaven would be hell when considering all of those family and friends you made that are being raked across the coals.

And since selfish uncaring people wouldn't be allowed into heaven under the biblical measure, then nobody can enter into heaven simply from the hypocracy of it all.

Therefore pope must be logically right...there is no hell. How could there be with such a extremely flawed system. Go Pope...bring some rationale. Maybe now the only people that will go to church aren't people trying to get a prize, but people actually appreciative of the universe/god/whatever...less people for sure, but higher quality purpose.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Hell is a very late addition to Christian dogma.

Jews do not even have a hell.

If I’m right hell as a firey put where all the evil people go is a creation of the time right before dante’s Inferno was written (a book of fiction).

The VAST differences between Judaism and Christianity are what made me realize Christianity was a scham.

They should be based on the same religion right?? They should sync up... but they do not.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Whether hell is literally real, or a self inflicted thought process, does not matter. One way or another, it is a state of mind, and if you believe in the immortality of the human soul, then hell can very much be an eternal state of mind. I would say as a believer in the immortality of soul, that hell is a legitimate fear.
edit on 29-3-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Hell is a very late addition to Christian dogma.

Jews do not even have a hell.

If I’m right hell as a firey put where all the evil people go is a creation of the time right before dante’s Inferno was written (a book of fiction).

The VAST differences between Judaism and Christianity are what made me realize Christianity was a scham.

They should be based on the same religion right?? They should sync up... but they do not.

Um... Hell is in Revelation. Literally.

I'm not a christian, but just saying... the word is there in Revelation.

I personally think that Christianity and Judaism is based on a much older religion from what was Persia.

Interestingly enough, there are striking similarities between the Bible and Hopi beliefs, so much so that it split the tribe.

The Hopi believe that they lived in the Persian area before coming to what is now America.

So there may be some truth to their migration belief.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Easy there cowboy, you have drunk the coolaid
What you are saying is what you think Christians believe about hell
Our opinion of hell is not the same as yours

As for the pope, he is just like any politician, sweet talk tickling ears
I don't believe much of what he says nor interested in his opinion
Disraeli seems to have a stronger grasp on theology

Are human souls eternal?
That's the question, I don't see any biblical evidence to support that belief
edit on 30-3-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So the Pope and the Vatican are divided on Hell being really real.

That which is divided cannot stand. Remember that verse?

I think the World 'IS' Hell and everyone are it's subjects until death; after which the awakened become more powerful.

If hell is real, then God is a Sadist.
edit on 30-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

the pope made many controversial statements.

One may ponder upon why the all merciful God will send someone to eternal fire.

Hades or Hell in the Old testament meant something else, the kingdom of the dead or so.

How about the vice versus, if a soul doesn't want to spend the eternity in God's presence? Is that a better definition of Hell, than the fire?

Whatever it is, no one returned from hell to tell us.

A new updated theology is needed ASAP. Why the angels don't have wings, appear and walk like human, rather they have wheel? (Ezekiel 1) And fire chariots (Elijah's taking)

Why doesn't God's kingdom arrive for nearly 2000 years? No it was not the medieval church-states establishment. May be Jesus Christ is poorly understood in first place, even before temporal rules that go absurd in some centuries only to be changed in the next ones.

The pope is 81. He may say anything in newspaper, it is not ex-catedra. What that changes in my life practically? How that makes the church a better place on earth? I don't see it as of 2018, despite the new beginning was promised in year 2000 by St John Paul II. New Pentecost was promised many times by many popes. When? After we die? It is obvious after death the life is different from what we have now. And sure no need of second hell for those who spent hell on earth. May be some evil doers who make that hell on earth, will deserve the hell from the textbooks of sunday school. I don't know. And the pope doesn't know it too

edit on 30-3-2018 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

but those who don't repent simply "disappear." And then came the four words heard 'round the world: "Hell does not exist," the article quoted the pope as saying. "The disappearance of sinful souls exists.”

He is the that

Naturally, this warped pope (False Prophet) knows that all the sh1t that he is ramming down everyones throat is going to come back onto him.

His Nu World Religion will one day backfire and as the Universe is balanced, he will endure a 'Justified' fate.

Every person has their own definition of hell. This usually stops them from doing bad things. Without this, everyone would be killing each other 24/7 just for the fun of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The only thing that makes sense to me is that Earth is Heaven for some, Hell for others. It's also Earth for our atheist frands.

edit on 30-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

But Francis is absolutely correct. They should stop resisting him he is on the right track.
Maybe it's because Jesuits are more open for science and therefore have more "flexibilty" cognitively than the average blind faith guy?
After all he was called directly from god, or at least that's how I read how he joined the church.

edit on 30-3-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

See and that's the point the evil doer is always the same guy, us, one of us. The devil is a scapegoat invented so you have an alternative you can use as excuse, to not talk about how it's obvious the anti-christ and the 2nd coming Jesus are the one and the same.
That's not to say demons are not maybe happening, but I seriously doubt you know not even a third of what it's like to be one of them.
Maybe they and angels are tight buddies by now?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So how would you consider anyone as a true or false religion? very poor analogy,trying to compare 2 same thing in a selfish light,sound like a liberal speak 1st think later

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: EternalSolace

but those who don't repent simply "disappear." And then came the four words heard 'round the world: "Hell does not exist," the article quoted the pope as saying. "The disappearance of sinful souls exists.”

He is the that

Naturally, this warped pope (False Prophet) knows that all the sh1t that he is ramming down everyones throat is going to come back onto him.

His Nu World Religion will one day backfire and as the Universe is balanced, he will endure a 'Justified' fate.

Every person has their own definition of hell. This usually stops them from doing bad things. Without this, everyone would be killing each other 24/7 just for the fun of it.

I'll thank you to not speak for me. No definition, or concept of hell. Don't go around killing people...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
That's not to say demons are not maybe happening, but I seriously doubt you know not even a third of what it's like to be one of them.

True and what if we are here, surrounded by chaos, to one day get spiritually promoted to angel / demon level.

Its almost like when a person wants something and they make a huge effort then if it is good, then angels will manifest it for them. If it is evil, then demons will make the thoughts / actions come to fruition. Religion is just a fraction of what is going on.

Angels will naturally have access out of this warped minded world. Daemons will be stuck here constantly feeding off the low vibration chakra misery. They cannot survive without it.

i know what it feels like to be in the company of daemons in their domains. Who wants to be buddies with spiritual terrorists ?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Miricales are the only thing that show us possible places after death. Without them its just naked people in nature. Living like real humans.
Study cultures and ethnogens.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The Pope can say what he likes. He knows as much about the afterlife as the rest of us. People are free to believe in whatever they like, and shouldn't take everything he says as gospel.
Sometimes people say things they wish they could take back.
edit on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 05:52:55 -0500051832018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

You saw what you were meant to see chosen by them. Maybe it was all an illusion? How do you know it was their domain? Maybe angels and demons both discovered how evil humans are and now they work together?
What is a demon? How does it feed on chakra something?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My children are Roman Catholic.
I am not, but I take them to church for Mass as is their wish. They do not miss a holy day of obligation unless they are ill.

The youngest is 12 and his older sister is 14. I have been sitting through the masses for quite some time now, and have yet to hear any preaching about hell and damnation. For the most part, they cover the teachings of Christ and push for the people of the parish to live their lives as Christ did, to love their neighbors as themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: Peeple

True and what if we are here, surrounded by chaos, to one day get spiritually promoted to angel / demon level.

Its almost like when a person wants something and they make a huge effort then if it is good, then angels will manifest it for them. If it is evil, then demons will make the thoughts / actions come to fruition. Religion is just a fraction of what is going on.

Angels will naturally have access out of this warped minded world. Daemons will be stuck here constantly feeding off the low vibration chakra misery. They cannot survive without it.

i know what it feels like to be in the company of daemons in their domains. Who wants to be buddies with spiritual terrorists ?

This post makes me smile.

I could not argue with. It's plausible. Who knows?

Some sources inform me when babies died, they become the guardian angel for their own parents. Watching their parents and siblings from afar and acting as diplomat between them and god.

I can't remember where I read it. But it was fun to read.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join