It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgotten Atomic Bomb Parties Of Las Vegas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Those were haunting to watch. The place is cracking now and holes are appearing in the laden cement, makes you wonder what the #k were they thinking. Twelve years of playing mad scientist and now the Reaper is coming back to collect, they were idiots then, and still are.

Thanks for the posts blend.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I made it, i'm out!

note - not a real photo of Einstein riding away from the fallout in Navada.

It's a funny picture. At the same time Einstein stated in the end of his life: "I made one great mistake in my life—when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made; but there was some justification—the danger that the Germans would make them ..." ( Einstein: The Life and Times by Ronald Clark. page 752)

In reality the story begins here; in our recent history.

The Manhattan Project In 1938, three chemists working in a laboratory in Berlin made a discovery that would alter the course of history: they split the uranium atom. The energy released when this splitting, or fission, occurs is tremendous--enough to power a bomb. But before such a weapon could be built, numerous technical problems had to be overcome.

Einstein's 1939 letter helped initiate the U.S. effort to build an atomic bomb, but work proceeded slowly at first. In December 1941, the government launched the Manhattan Project, the scientific and military undertaking to develop the bomb.

On August 5th 1945 The first atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan to which Einstein stated after hearing the news; "Woe is me."—Albert Einstein
edit on 28-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
J. Robert Oppenheimer: "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I once watched one from a mountain top outside Beatty NV.

A camera could never show what a real nuclear blast looks like.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I once watched one from a mountain top outside Beatty NV.

A camera could never show what a real nuclear blast looks like.

I believe it, I wouldn't want to witness it. What was it like seeing that in real time? It chills me just thinking about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join