It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 130 whales die in mass stranding in Western Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well a whole bunch of great responses.

Perhaps they knew what would be on the tele in the usa last nite.

Personally SUBMARINE and EARTHQUAKE stand out to me.

Thanks.

btw i still think the electric universe theory where a pod is a battery holds weight too.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If these animals Use earths magnetic field to get around then times when that field is moving large distances could very well be the cause of beaching .

Of course humans Use of sonar probably has a bad effect . And even just the fact Humans could be call the noise producing animal probably has even more of a effect .
200 years agaio one whale could talk to another whale 1000 miles away now its down to a few 100 .

You know its a shame but being a apex predator means we will be the cause of this great extinction .
One of the rarly talked about causes of mass extinction is apex predators .
One shows up and soon destroys the very things it needs in order to live .But all it understands is it wants to live the fact its killing off its prey never enters its thoughts .

The only difference from us to say A Arizonian Raptor is we can understand what we are doing is destroying our self .
To bad understanding it is not enough humans are going head long towards our extinction .
You guys like predictions I know but what difference will it make if Humans die off now or 100 years from now or a 1000 ? we will just be the thing that the next so called intelligent species study's .

Some day sooner then you think your DNA will no longer be presented in any living life form on earth .
And that my friends is the true meaning of life . You can have a billion dollars but if you have no children you lose .

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Can they still make sushi out of them?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

LMFAO That...was awesome

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yeppers problem solved!

Now to deal with those pesky north koreans....

edit on 26-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I heard some time ago that whales are more aware of earth changes, and any change with volcanic or earthquake frequency causes mass suicide. They seem like they be more onto those kind of disasters before we are.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Gaurdian

A rescue operation began on Friday morning in Hamelin Bay, on the state’s south-western tip, to save the remaining 15, with volunteers and vets trying to keep the surviving short-finned pilot whales alive before deciding when to herd them out to sea. One witness described trying to steer one of the animals out to sea, only to watch it beach itself again.

Very tragic.

Most died from what i gather.

Reports say that they would just swim back onto the land.

Only 6 survived.

bbc

noaa pilot whales

Did You Know? The longest known dive of a short-finned pilot whale lasted 15 minutes. They are the second largest species in the dolphin family after killer whales. Pilot whales are often involved in mass "strandings" for reasons that are still unclear.

From memory, I dont think this is the first time this has happened in that stretch around Margret River, Augusta and and a bit further on .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join