It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like civilization is dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No time to learn, too much to learn. After your done high school, you go to college, after your done college you have to go Uni(for some). They say Uni gets you in positions higher than college. It feels like way too much stuff being thrown at once, why doesn't the school ever get to the point? Instead of being 18+ learning from the master your learning from multiple master at a reduced time. You fail, you you have to stay and repeat til your old. By the time you get out of college/uni you are 25+. The ones that are extremely lucky seems to be the ones playing sports like basketball/FIFA.

They aren't even contributing anything for civilizations as in advancing in technology for civilian usage/survival purpose. We also have this dumb copyright issue slowing the process down from English classes, Science projects to labs, that even teachers are afraid to let out for students to help build. Like the time when Inventors teaching students and the inventors take all the credit or the other way around. This is why we have evil companies taking over because they are doing it for the money and required to in order to survive. I buy you out, you buy me out.

We also have a lot of people retiring whom can actually be great teachers, but they either can't teach due to requirement of teachers diploma or simply don't want to teach. Schools never had this teacher certification until it was added. People used to be able to make their own schools like daycare. It seems today society demand way too much. From essays to different types of reports/resumes. There are so many types of reports now, it is just getting too confusing for even me to follow based on job requirements or the type of job I want to work on.

Don't get me started with electrical and building codes. Why can't they just combine some of them and reduce the time on learning it? ASHRAE is stupid. LEED is stupid. Most of the national standard codes could just be all in one combined and taught at once instead of having hundreds of stupid books/notes to read about it. It wastes too much time. That is what we need a Universal building standard code for electrical and building, the gov should combine them instead have so many different ones based on the country, all in one book, not having multiple different books to read on and wasting our time when we could be doing something else hands on. The books are too big for its own good for each an every standard code.

Western civilization is wondering why the structural integrity is falling apart and there are less & less people to help build. Too much roadblock is what I say. Too much. Ancestors before the Cold War never had this issue because people aren't forced to do that many things at once. It was simple, go to a shop, get a job/do the work. Learn from the master while at it, be the master, with possibility opening a school and pass on the knowledge. There were no stupid things multiple reports/projects for each and every teacher like today that require everyone doing so much paper work. I do believe college and uni you have less time to work on your stuff than high school due to reduced months.

I also wonder why college is full of old people? Maybe because of the all stuff required to learn on top.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Schools never had this teacher certification until it was added. People used to be able to make their own schools like daycare.

And the result was the kind of school on which Dickens modelled Dotheboys Hall.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just imagine that after 4-12 years of post secondary education, you discover all your time and energy was devoted to studying a lie, deliberately made up to lead mankind astray. Then your true education begins.

Here in the states, can we even call it education anymore. It seems more and more like pure indoctrination. The department of education needs to be nuked off of the face of the earth. Teachers aren't even required to know their subjects anymore. All of their certifications are geared to learning theory and trying to abide by the latest learning trends. The teachers workshops and seminars are all about the psychology of teaching and not about the subjects themselves.

This system is working exactly as planned.

But maybe not all is lost. Maybe we needed to head down this path before we can awaken to the dangers. Maybe we will become stronger in the end, owed directly to this intentional evil. They think they are controlling us but they are actually making us free, never to be controlled again. They are their own worse enemy and time will show their true soul.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Signs of civilization will go on. It's humanity that is fast slipping.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No. Civilization and civilized behavior are two different things.

'Civilization' is stone and metal, it cannot 'die' because it was never alive.

Civll behavior won't die if we don't let it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What? It is civilization that is doing all the killing.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Our culture definitely is. We've just been recycling the same literature, music, film, etc. for about 60 years now. The culture that grew out of the post-war boom is now a stagnant, ugly disgrace. There hasn't been an original film in what feels like decades. No one even reads books anymore, and rock n' roll died almost 30 years ago.

Business has at last fully succeeded in killing art. Dead.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Our culture definitely is. We've just been recycling the same literature, music, film, etc. for about 60 years now. The culture that grew out of the post-war boom is now a stagnant, ugly disgrace. There hasn't been an original film in what feels like decades. No one even reads books anymore, and rock n' roll died almost 30 years ago.

Business has at last fully succeeded in killing art. Dead.

don't confuse pop culture with art. art is alive and well and innovating.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
"Does anyone feel like civilization is dead?"

Fact - We 'Humans' have yet to achieve a state of what you call Civilization.

According to scientists and theoretecians who have thought about it - and make the assumption that other alien civilizations exist in the vastness of the universe - Huiman, so called civilizaiton, is not even a typre 1 - Man is a primitive species that is yet to graduate to even a type one civilizationt - Another words Man does not rate as being civiliized.

Kardashev scale:

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to use for communication,[1] proposed by Russian astrophysicist Nikolai Kardashev. The scale has three designated categories: A Type I civilization—also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy which reaches its planet from its parent star. A Type II civilization—also called a stellar civilization—can harness the total energy of its planet's parent star (the most popular hypothetical concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet(s)). A Type III civilization—also called a galactic civilization—can control energy on the scale of its entire host galaxy.[2] The scale is hypothetical, and regards energy consumption on a cosmic scale. It was proposed in 1964 by the Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev. Various extensions of the scale have since been proposed, including a wider range of power levels (types 0, IV and V) and the use of metrics other than pure power.

Quote source:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Welcome to the machine.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I feel as though the epidermal layer of civilization is necrotic, and it is spreading to the dermal and subcutaneous layers very rapidly....

edit on 22-3-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you think that civilization is dead now, then I wonder what you would've thought during the Great Depression or WW2. We're probably living in humankind's most "civilized" era if we're looking at it globally.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Reading the OP, the only thing that came to me was a little voice in my head saying "This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?"

But maybe it's me.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I agree about standardization - all of the USA should drive on the left side of the road like Australia and Britain.
Drop the gallons and use litres, drop the miles and use kms.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

What good is art if no one sees it?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Your history is steeped in fatalism it appears by all your past OP's. You sound as though you live in a European place, or Canadian place ? (moot) but right now we have the easiest and most convenient world in the last hundred years.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The whole world is changing. It has always been constantly changing. Nothing stands still even long enough to have a name compared to the billions of years that are just a speck of less than nothing compared to time ever before and time ever after; it is infinite.

I can no longer be solid knowing what I know. I feel like I am melting into infinity. The only sense I can make out of my own life now is the technological and organic focus on music. The interest holds me. Without that I have nothing.

Civilization has exploded. It always has done. Look with eyes open at the past of our history in al its beauty and barbarism. It is what creation made it. We are egocentric and focus in on our own species mainly in our perception, but even that is changing. Technology is transforming big time, world wide. It will not stop unless the power goes out. That is not likely in all places at the same time.

It is crazy. I am trying to hold on to Christ because I want to have an emotional and spiritual centre. I still can't find anything in this reality to match Him.

He is my only civilization. That is because an honest study can't produce something to better that in terms of psychic health and assured evolution. Bring on the Quantum Christ, YHVH.

Civilization is not dead. The leaders would like, I think, this thing to be less civilized so they might get away with a bit more. It is them decivilizing us as they control the show.

Fight for true civilization; for gentility, kindness, sensitivity, refinement, worth, morality, altruistic love and affection, education, sanitation and so many more necessities of a more than brute existence. I was thinking earlier this morning about how it must have been for the generations who were young men and women in war time. It must have looked so bad, so frigtening and uncertain, just about the end of the world. Life keeps us hanging on a thread. No wonder I suffer from such terrible anxiety.

I have been up all night for two nights out of the last three. Only slept eight hours in the last four days. Huge PC issues have taken up my time and I can't rest until I am in the clear as to the system being successfully configured. I am ever trying to create a magical music making machine. That is my kind of civilization.

Stay civilized! Remember that tribal people in some ways are far more advanced than we are. In terms of environmentally gentle behaviour they are light years ahead of us. Their ways will have to become our ways in some measure in the future as we get forced by nature to play fair with the environment and the other creatures with sustainability in mind.

Damn, if you guys knew what my crazy mind is like. It is hard for me to handle even. Once you know stuff you can't unknow it. I have sincerely blown my mind these last few years. That is why I need that Christ anchor for this drunken boat on the turbulent seas.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Just imagine that after 4-12 years of post secondary education, you discover all your time and energy was devoted to studying a lie, deliberately made up to lead mankind astray. Then your true education begins.

Here in the states, can we even call it education anymore. It seems more and more like pure indoctrination. The department of education needs to be nuked off of the face of the earth. Teachers aren't even required to know their subjects anymore. All of their certifications are geared to learning theory and trying to abide by the latest learning trends. The teachers workshops and seminars are all about the psychology of teaching and not about the subjects themselves.

This system is working exactly as planned.

But maybe not all is lost. Maybe we needed to head down this path before we can awaken to the dangers. Maybe we will become stronger in the end, owed directly to this intentional evil. They think they are controlling us but they are actually making us free, never to be controlled again. They are their own worse enemy and time will show their true soul.

Yes, that is a great critique. It isn't healthy. They are prepping young minds for adult indoctrination imprisonment "mental slavery" present education agendas. It could be the end of us as other states educate their people properly and they will have a huge advantage over us dummies. I dropped out of university. I worked so hard to get there and it was such a let down. At least I learned the skills of critical analysis. You have, too, I see.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If the measure of a civilization is based on barbaric, selfish behavior, versus the opposite, then human kind has a long way to go IMO. Technology only seems to inflate the level of our barbaric behavior on a world wide scale. Being civilized seems to be a particular method to do the same things as being uncivilized.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

makemap,

Civilisation has NEVER been civil. Any time that you hear about civilisations of the ancient world, there were those who benefited from the society in which they lived, at the expense of those they exploited in order to achieve it. If civilisation dies or has died, then that can only be to the good. Yes, certainly, there have been advances of science and philosophy made by the best among our legion numbers over the millennia, but at MASSIVE cost.

Let me ask you, if civilisation punishes people for their preference for smoking things other than tobacco, discriminates against certain cultures and credos based on nothing but irrational fear and successful propaganda, if civilisation requires a government to operate it, which necessarily means that the many are at the mercy of the few, then how civil is it, what worth has it got as a concept?

Civilisation concentrates populations into narrow channels, forces them to attach themselves to the grid for things that they may be able to happily do without, forces them to comply with regulations which are only practical or useful to people who have accrued vast sums of money, forces them to accept sub par education as a matter of law, not principle, forces them to accept the removal of their own liberty and freedom, in exchange for the most fleeting and temporary of security, and for what? What actual benefit is there in this? Freedom within the narrow confines of a system of laws which was written not to serve the ends of justice, but to prevent the collapse of the status quo, to retain power in the social echelon which has always retained it, and always exploited it for personal gain at the top, rather than the improvement of the lives of all people subject to that system of law and governance.

If it is dead, then all that remains is for us to dance upon its grave and urinate upon its headstone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join