It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Planning on Ordering F-35Bs, a Multipurpose Aircraft Carrier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ITT: Sailing warships in international waters is threatening, even if you are geographically close to home. Unless you're China, because it is close to home, and it is only natural that they'd threaten their neighbors.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Of course, we, the US, have. Is it 'right?' Probably not. Is it in our interest? Almost certainly.

I've addressed the carrier thing over and over again.

Now then. WHY IS THE SOUTH CHINA SEA CHINA'S?

Because it is in their interest? I'd like to see an answer that isn't justifying American actions and behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes, they did rule in favor of the Philippines. China ignored it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I'd like to see an answer that isn't justifying American actions and behavior.

You are always blind to that.

This bicker is as useless as US arms buildup in the Eastern Pacific, which will always be denied by the warmongers, case in point.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not at all blind to it. On the contrary, I feel it's too little too late.

I am asking you to justify your position that the south china sea belongs to china. Preferably without justifying the american actions.

Right now you are dodging the question AGAIN.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You want to only focus on the propaganda presented by the west, a bunch of goddamn lies, promoted by a bunch of goddamn liars.

Its easy to ignore propaganda, unless you're one of the architects, proponents, or minions.

Which are you?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

ad hominem now...tsk.

That means you know you're wrong and unwilling to engage in discussion because you do NOT have an answer. It is because you say it is.

Typical.

Or...you could answer the question.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I already did, last page...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

All you said was why the US was threatening other countries' interests. That's not a reason for the SCS to be China's.

I'll start the answer for you: the south china sea is China's because....

just finish the sentence.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Fish and oil?.......

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Fish, oil and trade routes. Maybe some minerals, but sea mining is still questionable.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is apparently a go, with the budgetary request being part of the defense outline coming in a few weeks, and is currently being presented to the Diet and parties.

linky

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Also apparently, they are buying 100 F-35As.

asia.nikkei.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hope they Kick some Chicom Ahass one day with that Capability in the South China Sea .
edit on 27-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
He argues like Flanker. Maybe they are one and the same?
Ironically the name comes from the early European powers interests in the area. So its modern name is actually Anglo-European in origin. China traditionally called it the "South Sea" while the Vietnamese called it "Eastern Sea".

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I think the 100 counts the 40 B models. Plus what they had already ordered. Helps the program. Getting cheaper every day.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Good for the Japanese.

This, however they decide to go about this aircraft carrier, will be good for their heavy industry.

I can't help but wonder what kind of fancy doo-hickeys they'll put on it. We may be sure, it'll be pushing the boundary's of what's considered state of the art...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just had a couple of very senior visitors from Mitsubishi in our office, really interesting to listen to where they are going to with power generation.

A very forward thinking people with world leading engineering and why does this show? Because China copies their technology and makes it on the cheap so they move to the next technology.

Remember how warfare pushed innovation, its a cold war with China and everyone innovating because they steal and copy and improve...

China are not however innovators, it would be interesting to see if all those reverse engineering heads stop reverse engineering and are capable of innovation......whilst they are reverse engineering they are not a threat.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Just had a couple of very senior visitors from Mitsubishi in our office, really interesting to listen to where they are going to with power generation.

A very forward thinking people with world leading engineering and why does this show? Because China copies their technology and makes it on the cheap so they move to the next technology.

Remember how warfare pushed innovation, its a cold war with China and everyone innovating because they steal and copy and improve...

China are not however innovators, it would be interesting to see if all those reverse engineering heads stop reverse engineering and are capable of innovation......whilst they are reverse engineering they are not a threat.

Power generation as in electrical power or propulsion?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Japan's skipping local assembly on the next batch of F-35's. Should save them quite a bit of change. Too lazy to make a thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join