It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Youtuber found guilty of hate crime for teaching dog nazi salute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A YouTuber who taught his girlfriend's pet dog to give Nazi salutes in response to phrases such as "Sieg Heil" and "gas the Jews" has been found guilty of a hate crime.

Mark Meechan, of Coatbridge in Lanarkshire, was found guilty of communicating a "grossly offensive" video in a Scottish court on Tuesday.

The 30-year-old vlogger taught his girlfriend's pet pug to react to the phrase, which he repeated 23 times in a video seen by the court.

Meecham, a self-described "professional s*** poster" and free speech advocate, said the video had been taken out of context.

Some comedians have came to his defense.

Comedian Ricky Gervais rallied to Meecham's defence, writing on Twitter: "A man has been convicted in a UK court of making a joke that was deemed 'grossly offensive'.

"If you don't believe in a person's right to say things that you might find 'grossly offensive', then you don't believe in Freedom of Speech."

www.standard.co.uk...

Here is the youtube video he was convicted for. Skip to 1:10.

Well there you have it.

Dont offend someone in the UK, or you could face jail time. I love were the UK's priorities are.

They dont care if you are flying the isis flag in a documentary. (who then ended up being a terrorist in london) www.theguardian.com...

They dont want to investigate child grooming rape cases because they might seem racist. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But man on man, make an offensive joke, and they will get you. (or if you are conservative and not from the country, they wont let you in).

So much for free speech huh?

Time to round up John Cleese and the boys from monty Python, right?

And for those that think this is isolated to the UK, its just the latest first world country to criminalize humor and free speech.

Comedians have been being fined for hurting peoples feelings with jokes in Canada. nationalpost.com...

news.vice.com...

And in germany, they considered charging a person for insulting the leader of Turkey.

www.theatlantic.com...

And the censorship efforts on places like social media and campuses increase every day in the US. Its only a matter of time before laws are suggested that make offensive jokes a crime.

Lenny Bruce would be rolling in his grave.

So just a warning to all of the UK members, be careful watching that video or god forbid joking about it, you may just find yourself under arrest.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's hard to believe this is happening. What a world.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well he could have left the “Gas the Jews” part out, but I get what you are saying.
I guess now is a bad time for vulgar comedians in the UK.
Obviously “Free Speech” means something different over there.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
as i said elsewhere, Britain made the mistake in thinking the script for "V is for Vendetta" was a prescription for policy.

Wake up everyone, 1984 is steam rolling right over all of us in real time.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Well he could have left the “Gas the Jews” part out, but I get what you are saying.
I guess now is a bad time for vulgar comedians in the UK.
Obviously “Free Speech” means something different over there.

Mark my words, the push in the US is coming.

We see how social media and campuses arec labeling anything they disagree with as hate speech and no platforming it. Its only a matter of time before these censorship efforts are pushed in the form of laws.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So the UK is punishing someone for teaching their dog a Nazi salute.

You know who else tried to punish people for teaching their dogs Nazi salutes?

Nazi Germany.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Kinda ironic that the UK government is reacting exactly like Nazis whilst punishing someone for a joke about Nazis.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
We see how social media and campuses arec labeling anything they disagree with as hate speech and no platforming it. Its only a matter of time before these censorship efforts are pushed in the form of laws.

I don't think any new laws of that nature would stand up in court since the Supreme Court already ruled that you can be a Nazi, march in public and say what you want about the Nazi agenda.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
1) Not An “ISIS Flag”, it’s the Black Standard.

2) Asians are investigated, charged, prosecuted and sentenced every single day all over Britain, the “racism” schtick just doesn’t hold water when it comes to THE LAW NOT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB.

Note, they weren’t accused of racism, they decided to flaunt their tax-payed responsibility because they “feared being called racist”...
Which is hilarity as well as tragic because, again, minorities are dealt with by the Law every single day!

3) We don’t like Nazi stuff in Britain. Fought a war over it. Lost ancestors because of it. Tough luck, kiddo. Give him a cell with Paul Golding somewhere away from GenPop.

link   
I dont understand the hate crime part....except for the gas the Jews thing...training a dog to do a salute doesnt seem like a hate crime to me. Even if it was a salute used by nazis. That's some stupid # right there. Maybe if he was training the dog to maul certain people on command using Nazi attack words or something ok but training it to do a trick...not so much. Seems it would be more mocking of Nazis than anything.
edit on 20/3/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
There is no free speech in the UK anymore. This sets the precedence. Free speech in the UK is as much of farce as the DNC allowing the voters to pick their Presidential Candidate.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
LOL!

There, I said it....
edit on 2America/Chicago45Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:45:35 -050020700000018 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Whoever thinks this was a good idea needs their head checked.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The slow insidious destruction of the rights we were born to is well under way, and people are still more concerned about their "team" winning than protecting the things that should be the most precious to us.

the same assault is underway in America, its not death in a big stroke... its death by a thousand cuts for the bill of rights.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler

I don't think any new laws of that nature would stand up in court since the Supreme Court already ruled that you can be a Nazi, march in public and say what you want about the Nazi agenda.

We shall see.

I could see a case in the next few years were someone draws Mohammed and is charged with inciting violence. And from their, its a stones throw away from outlawing other offensive jokes.

It seems increasingly people think the first amendment is not a right, but merely a suggestion.

I know canada is different than the US, but they have already moved on from laws saying what you CANT say, to now passing laws saying what you HAVE TO SAY.

Who would have thought canada would have compelled speech laws 20 years ago?

The move for censorship is increasing all over the civilized world, and not to be to political, but it is coming from the left mostly, and with their near monopoly on academia and culture, I am afraid that future generations will not only pushg for censorship laws, but feel morally righteous for doing so.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

This is tyranny and injustice within a supposed liberal democracy. But as has usually been the case, the lack of outrage over this and other tyrannies of this sort testify to the slow death of free speech, and the human rights, democracy, and liberal tradition it necessarily supports.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The slow insidious destruction of the rights we were born to is well under way, and people are still more concerned about their "team" winning than protecting the things that should be the most precious to us.

the same assault is underway in America, its not death in a big stroke... its death by a thousand cuts for the bill of rights.

There’s not a way to give you enough stars that you deserve for this post.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
1) Not An “ISIS Flag”, it’s the Black Standard.

Yeah whatever, the flag that Isis uses. I guess that how he took it to, seeing as how he then went out and killed people in their name.

2) Asians are investigated, charged, prosecuted and sentenced every single day all over Britain, the “racism” schtick just doesn’t hold water when it comes to THE LAW NOT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB.

Note, they weren’t accused of racism, they decided to flaunt their tax-payed responsibility because they “feared being called racist”...
Which is hilarity as well as tragic because, again, minorities are dealt with by the Law every single day!

Oh so because asians (funny how we say that as opposed to muslims, even though many of the groomers are from north africa. I guess its ok to smear an entire geographic region instead of religion) get arrested then no one can fear being called racist.

I guess that because asians are arrested, then no one that supported brexit or controlled immigration would be called racist.

Oh thats right, they were over and over again!

But how is that possible, asians are arrested?

Both in the rotherham scandal and the current one, police and officials cited a fear of being labeled racist and inspiring islamphobia for the hesitancy in acting.

Just like how in germany, officials told newspapers not to report public groping by migrants out of fear of being seen as racist.

3) We don’t like Nazi stuff in Britain. Fought a war over it. Lost ancestors because of it. Tough luck, kiddo. Give him a cell with Paul Golding somewhere away from GenPop.

Si I assume you are for the arrest for monty python as well, which made many nazi jokes.

Further more, I hope that you never have these hate laws targeted at you.

Both you and I have said things that could be interpreted as inappropriate or threatening, and just know that although people would say oh well you deserved it to you if you get locked up for it, I would defend you.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Whoever thinks this was a good idea needs their head checked.

I agree. Whoever thinks charging people for a hate crime for a joke is a good idea does deserve to win the stupid prize themselves of being arrested when they same something inappropriate.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

LOL that poor dog.
If anything maybe an animal cruelty charge. Joking.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Avalanche of canine-Hitler videos in 3, 2, 1..........

"Do not press the shiny red button"...Duh, OK [press]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join