It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we really are living in a computer simulation is there anything we can do ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A lot of the leading minds in some of the sciences ( Elon Musk etc ..) are convinced we are living in a matrix , in a computer generated simulation. Many spiritual beliefs seem to hint at the same notion of a creator controlling things within this simulation as well .

I have gone through enough experiences ( especially recently ) to come to the conviction that they are in fact seeing it correctly .. my mind is leading me towards believing the simulation theory is real .

If it is though can we have free will within the confines of this matrix or is everything pre ordained ? Every single cough , sneeze , and step controlled ?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You make every choice to the wisest, and best of your ability, correct? Why would anyone choose the response in a situation that wasn't what they believed the most sensical? They wouldn't, thus you already have only an illusion of free will, when really you are always bound to choose what you think is the best choice.

Simulation or not, I think every situation has an optimal response for every person and anything else is an illusion.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
my mind is leading me towards believing the simulation theory is real .

Well,
Should that be the case...after thousands and thousands of years, this 'simulation' must be excruciatingly boring by now.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think probably the best thing we can do is collect as many tokens and coins as we can, build our arsenal, and look out for any big bosses.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think probably the best thing we can do is collect as many tokens and coins as we can, build our arsenal, and look out for any big bosses.

Just watch out for all the "The Princess is in another castle" messages.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

My belief is that the simulation is here for us to grow spiritually. If every move was pre-planned down to a sneeze then there wouldn't be much learning/growing happening. And in that case the whole thing would be pointless. Like watching a documentary of scuba diving vs. actually doing it.

So I like to think of life as a class. Either human 101 for the newbies or advanced humanism for the old souls.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I thought I was alone having such weird thoughts.

A few years ago I started noticing things with myself, others, and wild life that confused me so much I considered we might be in a simulation or some kind of technology is controls us all.

I was having a coffee outside once and there was a metal plate with 9 holes in a 3x3 formation. A bumblebee showed up and as I stared at it I noticed it kept checking the 3rd, 1st, 4th and 2nd holes in that order. Pi=3.142. Another time I was watching birds jump on poles at the beach and there was 3 birds, then 1 then 4 then 2. Or ducks swimming in groups of 3,1,4,2. Probably just coincidences but it got me wondering what, if anything, was controlling them.

Then I went through a time phase where i’d Constantly see times like 1:23,3:21, 11:11, 7:06(6:66), etc.

I tried doing nothing as much as possible and even then would see those number times.

I’m not sure there is anything we can do if something is controlling us. what if the subconscious mind that controls our bodies while our limited concious mind experiences life is some kind of tech that we are dependant on to survive?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Hack the simulation with science for the win.

Maybe black holes lead out to the place where the simulation was made in, and we could find a way to upload our "souls" out into avatars in that realm like the opposite of what happens in "Tron".

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The fact that the speed of light has to be the same in all reference frames has always made me wonder if we are in a simulation with that programmed constraint. Time dilation and length contraction are just so odd to me. It's like a programmer said, "how can we ensure each person in each reference frame observes the same speed of light. Let's modify time and length!"

Perhaps the non-intuitive things in the universe are pointing to the simulation hypothesis.

edit on 20-3-2018 by Deluxe because: Adding more and correcting.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ctrl alt del

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Freewill is quite possibly the greatest illusion of all.

If we could somehow modify the underlying source code that defines the reality we think we perceive we may be able to effect a form of change that would resemble magic of sorts.

However, even if we could accomplish the above that does nothing to address the fact that we are very 3-dimensional entities that operate and exist within a, for all intents and purpose, 3-dimensional universe, holographic or otherwise.

So as to what came before, or after, or exists outwith the singularity that spawned the current iteration of our universe, well such notions are completely outwith our ability to measure nor understand in any kind of meaningful manner, hence unknowable.
edit on 20-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

my mind is leading me towards believing the simulation theory is real .

Well,
Should that be the case...after thousands and thousands of years, this 'simulation' must be excruciatingly boring by now.

Yes! Someone needs to hit the 10x time button. Get this thing over with already

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred

I thought I was alone having such weird thoughts.

A few years ago I started noticing things with myself, others, and wild life that confused me so much I considered we might be in a simulation or some kind of technology is controls us all.

I was having a coffee outside once and there was a metal plate with 9 holes in a 3x3 formation. A bumblebee showed up and as I stared at it I noticed it kept checking the 3rd, 1st, 4th and 2nd holes in that order. Pi=3.142. Another time I was watching birds jump on poles at the beach and there was 3 birds, then 1 then 4 then 2. Or ducks swimming in groups of 3,1,4,2. Probably just coincidences but it got me wondering what, if anything, was controlling them.

Then I went through a time phase where i’d Constantly see times like 1:23,3:21, 11:11, 7:06(6:66), etc.

I tried doing nothing as much as possible and even then would see those number times.

I’m not sure there is anything we can do if something is controlling us. what if the subconscious mind that controls our bodies while our limited concious mind experiences life is some kind of tech that we are dependant on to survive?

I understand you on what you’re going through on so many levels .
Especially what you’ve spoken of in regards to numbers . The 11:11 , 666 , numbers I’ve seen everywhere as well have some close to me who describe the same set of numbers showing up everywhere .
33 is a very prominent number . That has enormous implications .. seeing 333 or 33 has been an enormous pattern in my life .

When you talk about that “ sense” that animals are being controlled .. I’ve sensed that too . It’s almost as if it’s numerical code that dictates how they flap , move , yap etc ..

We are very much the same in terms of our instincts that take over in fight or flight situation . We have programmed code in us seems to instinctively react automatically without us even having a say in it ..

BUT ..

This is where it gets interesting . We have clearly emerged as very distinct from the animal kingdom because we possess a higher intelligence within us , that is self aware on a level animals cannot tap into .

Whether that is our sense that we are trapped in these meat suits and have a soul that is aware of it , whether we have free will to choose contrary to our animal senses is the question ..

Or is it more a case of even the fact that we have emerged as above the animal kingdom do to the simulations design ..

It’s a disturbing feeling to feel like everything is controlled for me , because of all the evil acts people are committing .

I want to believe God loves us all and there is a purpose and a plan that can lead to good for us all if we choose it , but I’m not convinced if people who commit evil cant even resists it if they are being remote controlled to do it ..

Yet on the same hand , to believe that is a dangerous belief because it can justify horrible acts as people can simply blame it on something controlling them ..

edit on 20-3-2018 by freedom7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Freewill is quite possibly the greatest illusion of all.

If we could somehow modify the underlying source code that defines the reality we think we perceive we may be able to effect a form of change that would resemble magic of sorts.

However, even if we could accomplish the above that does nothing to address the fact that we are very 3-dimensional entities that operate and exist within a, for all intents and purpose, 3-dimensional universe, holographic or otherwise.

So as to what came before, or after, or exists outwith the singularity that spawned the current iteration of our universe, well such notions are completely outwith our ability to measure nor understand in any kind of meaningful manner, hence unknowable.

Free will may in fact be an illusion . You are correct . And yes we are 3 dimensional entities .

I know it’s just a movie but may I ask you all this . The final scene with the showdown if Neo with the Architect of the Matrix .. where Neo is forced to make what seems like an impossible choice ..

His realization that he still has free will despite the Matrix world he was born into ..

How much stock do we put into that? Is it possible that The controllers of this world are hinting at something to us?

Or is it just a movie ??

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
FORGIVE and LIVE

edit on 20-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

His realization that he still has free will despite the Matrix world he was born into ..
How much stock do we put into that? Is it possible that The controllers of this world are hinting at something to us?
Or is it just a movie ??

Movie. However, we still have the free will to stop (although probably not restart) the game, as indicated above, with a simple Ctl-Alt-Del.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

We do not actually have the means to press ctrl alt del.
Only the programmers would have access to the keyboard.

A virtual bullet would do the trick.

edit on 20-3-2018 by Deluxe because: Adding more clarification.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If we are living in a simulation, the computer is actually tied to a person't brain and we are connected via dreams. Our brain function is very fast, a month hooked up could be a lifetime. A future us could invent this technology, some of this world could be a computer program while many here are actually real minds tied to this highly technologically advanced program. It is a testing and training program so we can fit into the real world.

If this is the case, what happens if we do not pass the tests, do they leave us die in the real world. A highly evolved civilization cannot have uncontrollable people in it. We would have to be properly conditioned. You cannot change some people's underlying personality. Maybe they have the ones who flunk the test do factory slave work or something.

I have pondered this, but I cannot say if it is a possibility because from inside that program you would never to be able to tell if you are in it for sure. Especially with all the deceitful people in this reality we live in. Even religions have their problems.

I believe there is a creator, even if this is truely a similation, the ones putting the similation together were created somehow. Random chemical reactions can easily create simple life, but to form a consciousness like many of us have and also some animals would require more than chemical reactions could create. Either our scientific knowledge is very flawed or there is some supreme consciousness that organizes things. This reality we live in could be the creation of people two hundred years from now.

Now, what do the real beings look like, would they look like us? Are we part of the program or are we a being tied to the program? If this is true, some are here as teachers and others are here as students. And ninety five percent of people are not real, just computer generated beings.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Everything we see is basically a simulation. Either by a machine or a God.
This material world that we see (including the universe), is a dimemsion or simulation.
And yes there is a way to get out. But is not for everyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If it is though can we have free will within the confines of this matrix or is everything pre ordained ?

Yes, and the best part is that you have been doing the ordaining all along...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join