It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we really are living in a computer simulation is there anything we can do ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Ctrl alt del

So pessimistic!

How about...

UP DOWN UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A ?!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: freedom7

Freewill is quite possibly the greatest illusion of all.

Stephen Hawking's last paper outlines a method as to how to probe parallel universes. Also it slows how to whittle down the amount of probable universes to a finite set amount.

In the Matrix (movie) style multiverse model, the iterations (multiple Neos on the screens for instance) happened consecutively, (one after another linearly) each one exploring probable choices his personality would likely explore, given different levels of external stimuli from the (again, consecutively upgraded versions of the Matrix simulation)

Hawking's scenario suggests that a set "probable" iterations SIMULTAEOUSLY exist.

Possibly, each one differing from the next, stemming from a shared beginning, fractally expanding along similar paths... Initially fractionally different (think the seed/flower of life symbol) then eventually, possibly vastly different.

One mighty think that these vastly different iterations would have their unique differences mostly, (if not ONLY) influenced by the free will decisions of sentient beings.
...the more technologically advanced the sentient beings, the more potential for more dramatic impact their choices make on the shape and form of their iteration.

ALSO, compounded into the equation of proving/disproving free will is the factor that the sentience is ACTIVELY testing and reflecting on the concept of said free will.

There is the model that everything that "can" happen, eventually "will" happen, and with that in mind, you must include the possibility that any capable enough sentience would attempt, over and over to produce simulations that house A.I. that exhibit proven, and UNPREDICTABLE free will.

( I don't know what that paradox right there ^ is, but it needs a name if it doesn't already! 😎 )

If we could somehow modify the underlying source code that defines the reality we think we perceive we may be able to effect a form of change that would resemble magic of sorts.

such notions are completely outwith our ability to measure nor understand in any kind of meaningful manner, hence unknowable.

That is to say, there are unknown unknowns!
(Which their very purpose is to eventually become known)

There's a theory presented by one of these YouTube time travelers, (humor me)

..where some groups of parallel universes exist side by side, completely identical, yet their timeline is skewed by seconds or years...
And all time travel really is,...

Is jumping from "our" multiverse into another where it's all the same, except that it's 50 yrs "behind" in experiencing the same exact timeline....or 370 yrs "ahead" of experiencing the same exact timeline.

However any serious historically augmenting activity by a time traveler into another "past" multiverse would possibly create a new offshoot timeline.

....ouch, my head! That's some heavy stuff, Doc!...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
A lot of the leading minds in some of the sciences ( Elon Musk etc ..) are convinced we are living in a matrix , in a computer generated simulation. Many spiritual beliefs seem to hint at the same notion of a creator controlling things within this simulation as well .

I have gone through enough experiences ( especially recently ) to come to the conviction that they are in fact seeing it correctly .. my mind is leading me towards believing the simulation theory is real .

If it is though can we have free will within the confines of this matrix or is everything pre ordained ? Every single cough , sneeze , and step controlled ?

I don't necessarily agree it's real, more info is needed. I don't think it's as simple as it would be in examples, only thus far, have shown. Treat it as how one would while seriously playing a game, except you don't come back from death.

Also, why can't we be AI as opposed to being controlled like a game avatar? If AI is the case, then what can be done besides what is already done, try to control your own destiny to the best of your ability.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Or the code is Justin Bailey

@ the Op question, find the glitches evaluate and expose them if possible...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Us breaking the simulation I guess is as unlikely as pacman coming out of an arcade machine.

I find the argument for simulated realities weak though. People like Boström reason that there's likely many more simulated worlds out there than real ones. Therefore the probability that we live in a simulated one is much larger than living in a real world.

However Everett's many worlds theory explains this much better. Our existence is highly improbable, but with an infinite number of worlds, we are bound to happen eventually. Also every combination of you and any event you could experience within the limits of our laws of physics exist. Both in an infinite set of universes, but also as infinite copies and variations within our own universe. This is scary but a logical truth in an endless universe. Travel long enough and you will eventually find a copy of yourself. The distance is possible to calculate by taking into account all possible particle interactions after "the big inflation".

The number is so large, that there's not enough atoms in our observable universe to write it down.

However there's also another tier of universes with every possible variation of physical laws. So there are infinite variations of physical laws with their own sub-sets of infinite universes.

All this exist inside a kind of Hilbert space as a wave function. In the end you might just find mathematical expressions, even in our "real" universe. So the distinction between a real and a simulated universe might be pointless. It's all mathematical constructs and expressions.

Sorry if this sounds lile gibberish. I recommend reading "our mathematical universe" by Max Tegmark

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

We're definitely living in a Simulation, just look at the world around us? Here's a good example; a platypus wtf? Was god drunk when he made that thing? Another example would be Bush again wtf?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You all are not of this world, just as I am not of the world. (John 17:16)

There are many testimonies of people breaking through the matrix (One of my favorite examples). Matrix, which means "pregnant woman", is on mother earth, the place where our souls develop in this material form until we are "born again". Those who say they are born again yet remain here without knowledge of the All are like caterpillars that say they are already butterflies. Do not believe this hypocrisy.

Here is the recipe to break the matrix:

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. People such as these go forth in prayer and fasting." Matthew 17:20-21

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe
a reply to: Blue Shift

We do not actually have the means to press ctrl alt del.
Only the programmers would have access to the keyboard.

A virtual bullet would do the trick.

Shhhhhh

don't tell anyone I told you.

we actually have the keyboard available to us.

Its for each and everyone of us to discover on our own.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If we're in a simulation can someone please 'rosebud' me asap.
thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If we are in a simulation than theoretically there should be a way to hack into the programming from here and manipulate anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
If we are in a simulation than theoretically there should be a way to hack into the programming from here and manipulate anything.

As someone already basically said, that would be like Pac Man figuring out how to get out of the maze.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It literally gives new meaning to being SAVED.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

As someone already basically said, that would be like Pac Man figuring out how to get out of the maze.

Or maybe, if anyone has ever played Runescape, there is a tutorial you have to go through before you are allowed into the real world. Except in this world we live in most people don't make it through the tutorial. People are too occupied racking up money, cutting down trees, cooking and eating stuff all their life that they never realize they're in a tutorial world. Therefore the only sin is to not complete the tutorial. We were warned that it was just a tutorial, but we refuse to leave the sinking ship.

"O blessed Thomas, of course this visible light shines on your behalf - not in order that you remain here, but rather that you might come forth - and whenever all the elect abandon materiality, then this light will withdraw up to its essence"

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ohh it all makes sense now these goddamn chinese hackers are the bane of my existence oh whai cant this be region locked?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I thought pac man was about being a dark room with crappy techno eating pills watching out for ghosts.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I thought pac man was about being a dark room with crappy techno eating pills watching out for ghosts.

Pac Man is an allegory that teaches the dangers of runaway consumerism.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CAPT PROTON
It literally gives new meaning to being SAVED.

I agree . Saved from the matrix (the world).

My question all along I’ve wrestled with with God over , is .. are those who escape the matrix and become saved , saved of their own choice to acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour or are they handpicked before they even were born ?

I’m nearly 100% convinced this is a simulation and YHWH is the designer of it ..

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I think many of the elites especially are working on that .. but failing.

I don’t know if there is a loophole or a way to hack into the programming ..

I’m starting to wonder if maybe we are meant to come to a point of surrender . Where we realize only The designer of the matrix can set us free ( God ) .. through accepting Christ as the one who defeated this matrix ..

I wonder if universal reconciliation will happen .. with Jesus Christ as Savior of all

I often wonder if Phillipians 2 is foreshadowing just that ..

I’m wondering if this is a giant experiment where we are meant to learn , and ultimately be reconciled in the end ..

I hope we all get saved from this matrix . Only God knows if that will happen or not though . ( there are Many verses in the bible that seem to hint that All may be saved in the end of at least have the chance to )

edit on 21-3-2018 by freedom7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My experiences and research (based on Tom Campbell and Ruppert Sheldrakes views of consciousness) is that our thinking transcends beyond the bio-chemical processes to energy waves that interact with the wider energy fields around us. These energy waves and fields do not have locality limits (to the area near us, but far away too) nor do they exist only in this reality. Waves of energy have a virtual reality in which they pop-in and out of our universe.

I believe our consciousness is linked to other minds outside our reality, especially those with past relationships with us or perhaps shared past lives. I presume they are pure energy consciousness which is how we transition following death of our bodies. We are always mentally connected to that other energy reality both in dreams and during normal thinking. In short, our minds exist in two realities at once all the time.
edit on 21-3-2018 by retsdeeps47 because: better grammer

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2018 by Deluxe because: removing text. Not nice to poke fun at people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join