It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

160 miles south of Louisiana in the gulf of Mexico major temp anomaly 108 to 133 degress F.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have come across a few videos reporting a heat anomaly due south of Louisiana at a distance of 160 miles. There are several basins in the area and there has been drilling in the area.

To heat the sea temperature to 130 degrees in a given area while the surrounding areas are showing a water temperature of less than 75...... I would think something is going on ?

There are several videos reporting the temperature rise which was first measured at around 108 F. The following is one of the shortest videos I could find.. Maybe nothing or maybe something of concern; I dunno. Just something to ponder youtu.be...

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hmm,very perplexing. It can't be good any way you look at it . isint that the area the asteroid struck that wiped out the dinosaurs?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Could there be thermal vents in that area ?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm a gonna go with funky sensor / signal, such a substantial difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Hmm,very perplexing. It can't be good any way you look at it . isint that the area the asteroid struck that wiped out the dinosaurs?

No that impact happened off the Yucatan Peninsula youtu.be... some seriously awesome cave diving in the area today for those who like that sort of thingy.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Is there any reason in particular to suspect a faulty sensor isn't more likely than some weird out-of-the-blue temperature anomaly? I'd first look at ruling the most likely scenario out before getting too excited.
edit on 18/3/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
metocean station monitors meteorological and oceanic conditions and are anchored in the Gulf of mexico. They monitor surface and below water temp. Obviously the surface temp sensor is failing these have to be regularly maintained by National Science Foundation and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Many of these were placed in the 70s and 80s so malfunctions are becoming more frequent.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm a gonna go with funky sensor / signal, such a substantial difference.

That was my first thought when I first heard of the temps being reported.. They are saying even the air temp above the spot has increased ? youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

As heat rises ... I suspect raised air temps to simply back up sea temps.

I remember seeing vents on the live feed cams during the GOM disaster. 2 + 2 ?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Not far from the coast, could just be vents like Timely said. Volcanoes pushing out magma making new crust and by definition heating up the area for a bit. If its gone in a day or two, well who knows. But since its in the ocean, its pretty likely, there have been new islands in the making for a while now in fact every year, if not every month something is getting released at the bottom of the ocean, if not every minute.

Now if it was 129 degrees or higher and it happened smack dab in the middle of a town or such. I am quite sure somebody may noticed it, and that may, and I say may! be considered weird. But this seems pretty normal phenomenon. If anybody cared they could just send a ship or something to that spot to see whats up, and if they got sensors in the area, well they probably have a camera as well.

Or not, anyways, seems pretty normal to me. There are sudden heat spots and even sudden drop offs and storms all the time at sea, people don't generally know about it because there is generally nobody around to witness. And if there were? They probably would not be having to great of a time. 129 degrees and over is dam hot for sure.

Here is a vid of some who ran into a vent, venting at sea, so it happens.

edit on 3amSundayam182018f0amSun, 18 Mar 2018 03:10:28 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: Add vid

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
For the rest of the world to whom Celsius is more understandable... I believe this is 39 - 56 degrees Celsius. 0 degrees Celsius is the freezing point, and 100 degrees is the boiling point of water. What could be easier?

Thermal vents seems the most logical explanation, or some other type of geological activity, although vents run along the lines of the tectonic plates, so it would be unusual. That or a glitch in the monitoring, or software.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Is that where all that oil from the Deep Horizon spill leaked, got sprayed with core exit and sank to the bottom?

I might expect it to act like a giant heatsink, trapping the suns energy, warming the ocean and driving more severe storms in the Gulf.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
For the rest of the world to whom Celsius is more understandable... I believe this is 39 - 56 degrees Celsius. 0 degrees Celsius is the freezing point, and 100 degrees is the boiling point of water. What could be easier?

Thermal vents seems the most logical explanation, or some other type of geological activity, although vents run along the lines of the tectonic plates, so it would be unusual. That or a glitch in the monitoring, or software.

I'm from the States, and as far back as high school i couldn't understand the arrogance of not using the metric system.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13

originally posted by: paraphi

I'm from the States, and as far back as high school i couldn't understand the arrogance of not using the metric system.

Because the uS wants everyone to be democratized to their system. Petro dollars, dewey decimal, Inches pounds and feet.

Oh and our God is the only true God.

Feeling Esceptionalistic yet?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

If its not a sensor, it could make hurricane season...interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This thread might belong in the hoax bin. I tried to find some evidence of this but the maps I'm seeing don't show an anomaly. I looked at NOAA and Intelicast.com.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Totally non-expert theories here:

1. The mechanism which measures the temperatures is malfunctioning. The amount of energy required to heat up that amount of water is giant.

2. Godzilla

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

This thread does not belong in the hoax bin! I have also heard about
this on other sites with the possibility of a volcano being responsible.

allnewspipeline.com...
edit on 18-3-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Totally non-expert theories here:

1. The mechanism which measures the temperatures is malfunctioning. The amount of energy required to heat up that amount of water is giant.

2. Godzilla

An aztec godzilla would be terrifying.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I hate youtube-based threads. I'm not in a good place to watch the videos right now, so I'm going to ask a dumb question of those who have watched: has anyone ventured into the area to verify the sensor readings yet? That would appear to be the first step.

TheRedneck

<<   2  3 >>

join