It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

160 miles south of Louisiana in the gulf of Mexico major temp anomaly 108 to 133 degress F.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
As far as I can tell, there is nothing verifiable about this at all. That includes MamaBeth's link to All News Pipeline. The story is more about theory than fact. I can't find a single reliable source that confirms the anomaly. I guess this could be a conspiracy by TPTB to cover it up and only alternate news sites will report it. I just don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Checking Satellite images temperature maps of the gulf, doesn't show this anomaly.

You can see current ones here:
Gulf heat maps

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Not getting any fluctuations on NOAA either, but maybe I'm not looking in the right area.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
consider that the oil industry is busy squelching the news....

'they' don't want the world to know that their problem is because the Abiotic oil source in that particular region is being excessively heated in the depths of the Earth and the oil 'artery' is pooling the super heated Abiotic oil in those basins that are some 25,000 feet deep

'They are reluctant to Un-Plug an apparent 'clog' in the oil supply artery... so that the pooling oil can find it's way to oil fields closer to the surface among the normal drilling platforms that are 5k-10k feet down in the strata.

the 'excessively heated' oil supplies are only known to the deep-water drill sites & is being kept secreted by the industry which is horrified that even some of the 'over heated Anomaly' news has already been leaked to the public domain

the world wide super heating of the Earth Mantle is showing up as volcanic activity elsewhere but ther in the Gulf-of-Mexico there is a super hot-spot causing different activity of real concern

these conserns are all results from the cracks in the Earth deep crust caused by the Asteroid event that caused the dinosaur extinction some 65+ million years ago down there in the Gulf

re Bing:

Chicxulub Crater is an ancient impact crater buried underneath the Yucatan peninsula, with its center located approximately underneath the town of Chicxulub, Yucatan, Mexico. Investigations suggest that this impact structure is dated from the late Cretaceous, about 65 million years ago.

see: www.dailygalaxy.com...

check out the image in the linked article which shows an 'escarpment' or wall of fused rock resulting from the impact... that is what I am talking about which is possibly blocking the Aboitic oil flowing from the deeper areas of the Earth Crust towards the surface in normal conditions of refilling the semi-drained oil fields closer to the surface.....

things are 'building up' all over the globe

edit on th31152138352718322018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31152138398018392018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not far from there:
"Deepwater Horizon oil spill of 2010, also called Gulf of Mexico oil spill of 2010, largest marine oil spill in history, caused by an April 20, 2010, explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig—located in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 41 miles (66 km) off the coast of Louisiana—and its subsequent sinking on April 22."
www.britannica.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm a gonna go with funky sensor / signal, such a substantial difference.

That is just the NASA sensor to measure Global Warming. It is a a floating sensor, painted black, with reflecting mirrors pointed it.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote
a reply to: intrptr

Not far from there:
"Deepwater Horizon oil spill of 2010, also called Gulf of Mexico oil spill of 2010, largest marine oil spill in history, caused by an April 20, 2010, explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig—located in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 41 miles (66 km) off the coast of Louisiana—and its subsequent sinking on April 22."
www.britannica.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Thanks. This are the coordinates where the rig burned down. The spilled oil settled who knows where, covering the bottom for miles. A giant black heat sink, absorbing the suns radiation.

On clear days when atmospheric and oceanic visibility is good and the sun is right over head will be the test.

Someone somewhere is collecting that data. They won't tell us though.

If major storms are made more severe by the heat from the ocean because of it, the news will blame global warming, tectonics, or vulcanism.

edit on 18-3-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hmmm. Strange. It appears that something is going on. There could be a thermal vent involved or it could be a bad sensor. It could also be there is some sort of hydrocarbon leaking that is pooling there and increasing the water temp at the surface.

It could be a lot of things, but the cause should be investigated to find out what is causing this anomaly.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While it's probably a sensor, I did check to see if there was any earthquake activity in the area, and there was: a 4.3 on 2/26 earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'm in Galveston so maybe I should keep my eyes open. lol

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Looks like it's back to a normal 75 F now.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll go wit bad sensor it's pretty deep for oil to be a heat sink. Pretty dark at nearly a mile down.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That is my thought too. How do they determine the temperature of the water in so many locations? Maybe they have bouys?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

I'm a go with funky sensor / signal, such a substantial difference.

That is my thought too. How do they determine the temperature of the water in so many locations? Maybe they have bouys?

Most readings are dome by satellite, primarily the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) onboard NASA’s Terra and Aqua satellites. They measure heat radiation in the infrared and microwave bands. Also, surface drifters from the Global Drifter Program (GDP) provide regularly about 60,000 night time SST measurements per month. There are also floating sensors, but these are used mainly to validate the satellite readings.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I grew up on the west coast of Florida on the gulf coast , lots of weird things out there. Just a few years ago there was a 6.1 Earthquake that originated from almost the center of the gulf, my daughter felt it in Tampa. There is quite an underground cave system in central Florida, I remember some of the shrimpers used to swear there was a spot off of Hudson, miles offshore where if you were out there at night you could hear people talking, the thinking was that somehow the sound channeled through the caverns, some of which opened up on the gulf bottom. I always thought it was more likely what they were smoking in their pipes at night, but you never know. I did seem to read somewhere that there are supposedly mud volcanoes roughly in the area described, maybe there is warm water upwelling. Or maybe we are going to see a volcano come up out of the gulf (is that even possible?).

edit on 18-3-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Weather satellites. Those acquire data from the ocean surface like wave height, wave direction, temperature, wind direction, lightning strikes, humidity, danger of tornados, cloud coverage and all sorts of other data.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Hopefully an anomaly - otherwise that would be a solid "WTF" in the region. Nowhere near boiling for salt water at sea level, but lots of things would have died at that temp. If it was some kind of real event at surface temp, we could end up with a large amount of dead sea life - especially plankton - washing up on gulf shores.
edit on 18-3-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: too many commas

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure that is possible, maybe in very shallow water, I would guess a malfunction.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I used to fish in those waters. 200 ft depth usually...sandy bottom...extensive oil drilling. I'm guessing an open deep well poiring out hot water, mus, natural gas under pressure, thus the temps. That stuff comes out of the deep HOT.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
a reply to: stormcell

Hopefully an anomaly - otherwise that would be a solid "WTF" in the region. Nowhere near boiling for salt water at sea level, but lots of things would have died at that temp. If it was some kind of real event at surface temp, we could end up with a large amount of dead sea life - especially plankton - washing up on gulf shores.

That oil rig drilled one of the deepest wells in history. Definitely deep enough to form a geothermal well.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
For the rest of the world to whom Celsius is more understandable... I believe this is 39 - 56 degrees Celsius. 0 degrees Celsius is the freezing point, and 100 degrees is the boiling point of water. What could be easier?

Thermal vents seems the most logical explanation, or some other type of geological activity, although vents run along the lines of the tectonic plates, so it would be unusual. That or a glitch in the monitoring, or software.

It might have to do with manufacture, and I would venture to guess it's always been that. USA used to be the largest producer of automobiles for a long time, for example. There are airplanes and jets, a vast military, etc... all these things and the machinery to build them, to build our infrastructure, bridges and so on have been built on the imperial system.

Would it be amazing for the USA to finally join the metric system? Heck yeah it would! But in the process it would bankrupt our already bankrupt country and so it will not be done until the country suffers a collapse anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join