It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so god damn oblivious?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
So I decided to go for a stroll today, and I was quickly reminded how much I hate humanity. Nobody gives a hoot about anyone but them. We do not deserve to be saved by some alien race. Everyones mindset is all me me me. And if you dare challenge that mind set, then you are the bad person and you need to shut up. Well no more, I will speak out about this.

People literally stop walking in a place where they should not, turn their fat ass shopping cart around 180 while everyone behind them has a dumbfounded look on their face. Then they change their mind and turn around 180 again and keep going. THIS NEEDS TO STOP. You do not own the whole isle you twats.

There are other people on this planet besides you and your sweet little munchkin. I dont care if you have one baby or 5. We all have places we wanna be too. So try not to be a huge jerk off, do what everyone else does, and dont stop like a moron when there is a line up of people behind you trying to get by.

Please tell me Im not alone when I feel this way.

Maybe people don't want to be the dullards you think they are. Since you're the shining example of perfection maybe you're skills could be best put to use instructing a "market etiquette" course! That seems to be what you were born to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Sounds like you're one of those people who can only shop if you start on one side of store and have to make every aisle and the cart traffic can only go up and down the correct aisle. Heaven forbid a free thinking person going in the opposite direction or someone who knows the layout of the store making targeted advances to the location they want and moving on to the next. Probably hair lip the dog if someone started shopping in produce and did contraflow.

It's been my experience that there is ample passing space in the aisle but sometimes you have to move their cart while they are doing the statue thing staring at the choices in front of them. If they are trying to reach a high shelf item, I don't know, maybe help them.

As far a people just stopping, what does that say about being oblivious to your surrondings? How dare people stop walking where his lordship / her ladyship is walking. Do you run into the back of the car stopping in front of you? Do you blow up, honk and cuss? How dare they stop at the yellow light or the stop sign.

But, in any case I can't think of a reason why others should bear the burden of making your life better for you.

originally posted by: booyakasha
driving is the worst. just a couple basic rules to follow. Yet people can't figure it out.

It's insane how oblivious people are to their surrounding and the way they present themselves.

When I worked, I drove an old beat up Pontiac, before so much plastic and fiberglass. It's kind of funny being in front of a shiny, fancy car with the guy honking, flashing his lights, tail gating and obviously cussing. As long HPD, County or DPS didn't pull me over I was good.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Did you explain to them how much more important you are than them and how your time is far more meaningful and precious than thiers? I’m sure that for a small fee, the grocery store will push all of its customers out and allow you to shop unhindered by the other bodies that might take up more space than you are comfortable with. Or maybe you can get a therapy dog to carry around in your purse. I hope that helps.
edit on 17-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Because most people on earth are dumber than you but they don't realize it. And if you are one of the dumb ones, you usually aren't very self aware

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have been informed of a really good way to address this.

In a calm but deliberate manner, tell the person what they are doing. In your case: Excuse me, you're blocking the isle.

That's it. No need for deep discussion. No need for one vs. one.

I have tried it and it works. Yes, it takes some effort to keep my mouth shut (other than those words). However, the onus is completely on them because what are their options? They are standing sideways in the isle. Folks are blocked from both directions. Maybe they get pissy but so what? They made their own s*** sandwich.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No kidding. I've watched this time and time and time (goes on for about 56 or so) again. I've perfected the "you GD idiot" stare. It's for these people who wobble into the middle of a thoroughfare, stop dead, and decide to poke their phones, scratch their balls, somehow manage to take up every last square inch of space, stare off into space, mumble at their toenails- whatever the hell random, stupid thing they decide to do. I've had people not look at me, wait till I have committed to going in a direction, and then pace me, get ahead of me, and plop their sorry carcasses RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME- and pretend I ceased to exist. Today was a telling doozy, as this happened, and then one of the extra people in the aisle snickered at me. So- this bunch knew exactly what they were doing, and timed it out.
No- I didn't know who they were. And they didn't know me. I thought it was downright strange and a little frightening.

Then- a douche comes into another store, walks up next to me when I begin checking out, and the cashier asks how I am- I barely got out anything, and this SOB blathers on and asks where the cold medicine is- acting like I simply don't exist. It was all I could do to not slap him and his stupid plate of food back out the door.

Every day, I question why I have to live on this planet with so many self absorbed (censored) who would shove me off of a cliff rather than look me in the eye.

Worse yet- I could go on for a long, long time about putting up with these fack bastards.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And you're not? It amazes me how much self-loathing people have today, and how easily people judge others. We are the only species that hates ourselves so deeply.

Preachy and superior.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I try to always be gracious but, sometimes there is that sh$t f&@k who's agenda is more important than mine or anyone else's. So annoying.

I live in a lake community with parks, Varying lake levels depending on rain. Yesterday I was just enjoying myself at the lake and came across a place people had a fire. All good and well except, there was broken glass beer bottles and what seemed about 200 nails in the burnt remains. I spent an hour picking all the glass shards and as many nails as I could find out of the ground. This is not a designated fire pit; it is a place where kids, adults, or pets could walk especially if water level is up; and seriously be wounded. Some people suck!

Sorry to rant on your post.

edit on 17-3-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Jeez....I don't know why everyone in this thread is preaching to you and virtue signaling about how understanding and compassionate they are to others in the grocery store.

I get your rant, 100%. What we have in society is a general lack of courtesy for others and manners. Our society (and it's worse in some areas of the country than others) is pretty self-absorbed and even when people aren't self-absorbed, there is just a general lack of manners between people in regular day-to-day activities.

It does depend on where you are, I've found. I live in DC for the past 20 years. It was a culture shock when I first got here. Now when I go back to the Midwest to visit family, I immediately notice the increase in manners between people there. But even there, manners are on the slide, from what I grew up with.

I get it, man. People can suck.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Two words - online shopping.
Humans suck, mindfulness does not form part of the average human vocabulary.
I deal with them on a daily basis and fully understand where you are coming from.

People never ask themselves "how do my actions influence others".
I ask myself that constatntly, with every move I make in public, becuase if you tick one of the cattle off they'll probably make a big hulabaloo about it.

I had a similar incident not to long ago... took about 10mins from my life becasue people can't string 2 and 2 together and I'm a friendly / patient guy. It doesn't mean I don't notice though, it just means I build up a little more resentment towards the human race... day by day...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It’s even more fun around Christmas time

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine, buying up stuff like it’s the #ing last time.
With ques down every isle, and stress levels to the max, so much for a holiday where we’re meant to relax...
edit on 18-3-2018 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

You missed the OP's point.

If you're going to stand catatonic in front of the creamed corn, park your f'ing cart out of the way before you go dark.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Two words - online shopping.
Humans suck, mindfulness does not form part of the average human vocabulary.
I deal with them on a daily basis and fully understand where you are coming from.

People never ask themselves "how do my actions influence others".
I ask myself that constatntly, with every move I make in public, becuase if you tick one of the cattle off they'll probably make a big hulabaloo about it.

I had a similar incident not to long ago... took about 10mins from my life becasue people can't string 2 and 2 together and I'm a friendly / patient guy. It doesn't mean I don't notice though, it just means I build up a little more resentment towards the human race... day by day...

I tried Peapod for a while. Damned expensive.

My favorite whole bean coffee is $7 at the local grocery store; it's $13 through PP.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And you're not? It amazes me how much self-loathing people have today, and how easily people judge others. We are the only species that hates ourselves so deeply.

Because we're the only species with the mental capacity to see ourselves for who we really are ~ barely socialized, vicious cavemen.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
OP is obviously puzzled

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sure, some behaviors such as these can be annoying. Heck, I've gotten upset over people not following our made up social "rules"

But that's the thing. These rules are all made up. Just because certain things piss some people off doesn't mean that is how everyone will function. We are all different, some of us humans don't fit in with everyone else and have behaviors that don't make sense to the majority of people. There really isn't another place for these types of people to go, so don't expect this to change.

If only there was a place to go far away from society, where me and and all the other misfits could disappear to.
Its a shame, when we are a thorn in the side of others day to day life, and they may want us gone, but they own all the land around and post "No trespassing" everywhere you look.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Public places...it sounds like you need to either describe the situation better, or to learn that everyone isn't out to act and move in ways only found acceptable to you.

And the way that you talk to people on ATS tells me that you're not lacking at all in the culpability department when it comes to lacking common courtesies.

I think that TinySickTears summed it up best with this comment.

I sure can't wait for your rant about the DMV, or the port-o-john line at Oktoberfest...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
So I decided to go for a stroll today, and I was quickly reminded how much I hate humanity. Nobody gives a hoot about anyone but them. We do not deserve to be saved by some alien race. Everyones mindset is all me me me. And if you dare challenge that mind set, then you are the bad person and you need to shut up. Well no more, I will speak out about this.

No offense, but maybe you should look in the mirror.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i did and it said you are the most handsome welder of them all... so whats your point.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Did you spray lysol on the cart before
touching it? Some news segment from
years back made a case for 75% of
shopping basket handles had fecal
matter on them. That might direct
your attention to a more legitimate
bitch at least?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>