It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omg I just lost my dog tags today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just noticed that sometime today my chain came undone and my military issued (from 2003, I'm long long gone from army life) dogtags fell off.
Guys.
My complete social security number is on them cuz that's how it was done back then. What in the liiteral hell do I do?!?!?! I'm obviously terrified someone will find them and steal my identity now. I know my first name, middle initial and last is on them, dunno if dob is but afaik it is, and my entire freaking social. I've NEVER lost them the entire time I've been wearing them. Never took em off, they were a part of me. Ingrained via army to never remove them from one's person.

I do have credit and social security monitoring thank goodness but Jesus . It's a hassle I do not need. I hope they turn up, maybe they're in my house or in my friends car or at work. I'm truly internally screaming right now.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Thats why I never carry ID.

Plus the police love when I do that.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Relax. They might even be in your house still. Don't assume the worst. The prudent thing to do would be put a credit freeze on your accounts with the three reporting agencies and call it a day. You should do that anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They could always be found by a good person too who will return them to you based on the information on them.
I hope you find them.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Relax. They might even be in your house still. Don't assume the worst. The prudent thing to do would be put a credit freeze on your accounts with the three reporting agencies and call it a day. You should do that anyway.

Thank you. I'll do that now and scour the house.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'll make 2 predictions and tomorrow being a 'New Moon' better chance these will come true...

#1) You will indeed find em.

#2) You'll find them in the last place You look for them.

If 3 moons pass and they haven't turned up, try any 'manifestation video'..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
I just noticed that sometime today my chain came undone and my military issued (from 2003, I'm long long gone from army life) dogtags fell off.
Guys.
My complete social security number is on them cuz that's how it was done back then. What in the liiteral hell do I do?!?!?! I'm obviously terrified someone will find them and steal my identity now. I know my first name, middle initial and last is on them, dunno if dob is but afaik it is, and my entire freaking social. I've NEVER lost them the entire time I've been wearing them. Never took em off, they were a part of me. Ingrained via army to never remove them from one's person.

I do have credit and social security monitoring thank goodness but Jesus . It's a hassle I do not need. I hope they turn up, maybe they're in my house or in my friends car or at work. I'm truly internally screaming right now.

Hopefully your positive karma of serving your country will bring them back to you, possibly by one who appreciates your service as we all do. What with all your checks and balances, Im sure your info is safe.

FYI: I heard-tell that when one loses dogtags...theyll hear from a long lost friend unexpectedly....and get them back in the process. Hope this is true. Retrace your steps.

FYI #2: I lost my precious Celtic ring while walking the dog blocks and blocks in the snow. I retraced the path with my wife following me in the car.....and then found it at home in the couch!
edit on 16-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

#2) You'll find them in the last place You look for them.

She may not look any further once she finds them, so I think you have an excellent shot at being right there! 😂

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Remember , everything happens for a purpose..
Keep looking.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Recall where you went, backtrack easiest areas first. Call or go to any public places and ask if they were turned in. Possibly make a post online or off, offering a reward for anyone to turn them in(though may be a sketchy process). Credit freezes vary by state,in nine states they are free, check into that. Hopefully they will be found soon!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I've lost a lot of jewelry in my bed. I am not implying your dog tags are jewelry, just that they could easily be lost in the same way. Another good place to check is the dirty clothes. If they slipped off when you were changing and are in the middle of a piece of clothing.

Hoping you find them, please keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

you have been dangling your ssn from your neck on a thin beaded chain since 2003?
sorry bout the fallout from your poor decision....

amazing really that it took 15 years to be lost....
edit on 17-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join