It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dog put in overhead bin on united flight dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

A grieving family is speaking out after, they say, a United Airlines flight attendant forced them to put their dog in an overhead bin, where he died in flight. The 10-month-old French bulldog was kept there for the entire three-and-a-half hour trip Monday from Houston to New York. The family heard him barking in the overhead compartment for two hours. The airline has apologized.

Robledo put the dog in a carrier but struggled to put Kokito's carrier under the seat in front of her. The family says a flight attendant insisted it go in the overhead bin.

"'It's a dog, it's a dog.' He can't breathe up there.' And she said, 'It doesn't matter, it still goes up there ... She felt the dog and she put him up there," Sophia recalled. The family says they heard Kokito barking for two hours, then he stopped. They wanted to check on him but couldn't.

now i need to say the story seems to have changed since i first read it. at first the article i read said the flight attendant suggested they put the dog up there.
either way the stupid asses did it.

this made me think of the girl that flushed her therapy hamster down the toilet cause some flight attendant suggested it.

i think i gave people too much credit. they are far more stupid than i thought.
i am not interested in if the flight attendant suggested them or 'made' them.

i am interested in the fact that they did it. i am interested in the fact that they just let the poor bastard bark for 2 hours and then nothing.

if someone told you to put your precious in the bin would you?
would you flush your 'therapy' rodent that means oh so much to you?

interesting note. i read another article that said 10 pets have died in flight in the last year and they were all united.

a whole separate note is pets dont belong in the fuselage either way.
not stuffed under the seat and not in the bin.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

this made me think of the girl that flushed her therapy hamster down the toilet cause some flight attendant suggested it.

Same here.

The thing that always get lost is that these morons always had a choice to not get on the plane, when they found out that they could not comply with the rules.

I don't think I have ever heard of a case where anyone was actually forced to do stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

cause theyre not forced.
this is not sophies choice

want to fly?
yes
have to put your dog in the overhead bin!
uuuh, # you

i mean i guess there are times you HAVE to fly. if it comes to that i guess you flush the dog

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Coulda been a meal for a snapping turtle www.abovetopsecret.com...

Such a travesty. People are so damn stupid I don't even like getting out of bed anymore.

edit on 14-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Coulda been a meal for a snapping turtle. Such a travesty. People are so damn stupid I don't even like getting out of bed anymore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

right.
go out like a #in G.
not all swirly swirl down the toilet

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: DupontDeux

i mean i guess there are times you HAVE to fly. if it comes to that i guess you flush the dog

Actually you just have to be properly prepared - or recognize that you were *not* properly prepared and fix your issue and take the next flight.

Ot, yes, flush the dog. (:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I wouldn't let it get to you, somebody is pushing these sickas@ stories.

It's an organized effort, my fiance always shows me her FB news feeds, it's been organized by someone, it's some fd up kind of psyops in my opinion.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these stories were fake news as well.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: sp sucks

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
dont need its own thread so

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A U.S. family’s cross-country move became a lot more stressful after United Airlines mistakenly flew their dog to Japan. Kara and Joseph Swindle told KCTV-5 that they and their two children had landed in Kansas City, Missouri, on Tuesday expecting to be reunited with their German shepherd, Irgo.
The dog had traveled in a kennel in the cargo hold of a different United flight. Instead, the family was met with a Great Dane they had never seen before. Apparently, a United mix-up had sent Irgo all the way to Japan, which is where the Great Dane was meant to go.

could have been worse
they could have been forced to put the shepherd in the overhead bin or flush him.

united needs to step their game up.
maybe i should fly quantis when i go to africa

and its 18 of 24 dead on united

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 14-3-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these stories were fake news as well.

Well...in my line of work, I see it all and then some. Whether the stories are invented for a headline or not, people still piss me off daily in a very real sense.

It doesn't take much of a leap for me to believe hamsters are being flushed and dogs are fed to turtles...and much, much, much, much worse that would only alienate readers if it ever got to print.

edit on 14-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

A grieving family is speaking out after, they say, a United Airlines flight attendant forced them to put their dog in an overhead bin, where he died in flight. The 10-month-old French bulldog was kept there for the entire three-and-a-half hour trip Monday from Houston to New York. The family heard him barking in the overhead compartment for two hours. The airline has apologized.

Robledo put the dog in a carrier but struggled to put Kokito's carrier under the seat in front of her. The family says a flight attendant insisted it go in the overhead bin.

"'It's a dog, it's a dog.' He can't breathe up there.' And she said, 'It doesn't matter, it still goes up there ... She felt the dog and she put him up there," Sophia recalled. The family says they heard Kokito barking for two hours, then he stopped. They wanted to check on him but couldn't.

now i need to say the story seems to have changed since i first read it. at first the article i read said the flight attendant suggested they put the dog up there.
either way the stupid asses did it.

i think i gave people too much credit. they are far more stupid than i thought.
i am not interested in if the flight attendant suggested them or 'made' them.

i am interested in the fact that they did it. i am interested in the fact that they just let the poor bastard bark for 2 hours and then nothing.

if someone told you to put your precious in the bin would you?
would you flush your 'therapy' rodent that means oh so much to you?

interesting note. i read another article that said 10 pets have died in flight in the last year and they were all united.

a whole separate note is pets dont belong in the fuselage either way.
not stuffed under the seat and not in the bin.

So sad.

First, no way would i travel like that.

Second, I didn't want to read about this.

Altho there have been children on some flights that could benefit from a few hrs in the overhead, I do not condone any living thing be subjected to that.

People need to wake up.

buy them a seat if you need them or do what I do and take advantage of the beverage cart.

BTW, no way that doggie would have been barking that long if I was on the flight.

edit on 3 14 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What the actual F%#* is wrong with people these days?? I'm with NarcolepticBuddha.. this is just getting to be too friggin much. And... stay off of United people! How many more stories from them is it going to take?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I read that United is saying that the attendant didn't understand that there was a dog in the bag but after it started barking, thaat story falls short.
I can't imagine being another passenger and just doing nothing much less saying something!
So you raise a fuss, worst case they land the plane.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I get it. I know people do effed up stuff regularly. But, I am standing by the notion there is an effort at hand to make it seem more common than it is.

Or...create more anxiety than needed in the population.

Maybe it's just clickbait overload.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Didn't something similar happen last month on an American Airlines flight? I remember seeing an ATS thread on it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That flight attendant will probably be fired after that at the very least, as there's at least one witness coming forward that he told the women to put the dog in that bin, despite claiming he didn't know there was a dog. Two hours of barking(in distress but nothing done?), yeah no doubt here would be a stir going on, on this end.
edit on 14-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I quit flying United when they pulled this sh!+....who's surprised when they mistreat animals when they treat passengers like this...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Makes you wonder if that's why people didn't speak up.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Can't have them in the cabin, though. The terrorists would start using highly trained attack chihuahuas to hijack planes.

Very few things in the world more dangerous than a pissed off chihuahua.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
People don't speak up because flight attendants are basically TSA gestapo now. Mouth off to a flight attendant and find yourself being dragged off the plane by roided up TSA or policeman.

I've flown with our small dog and she had no problem fitting under the seat in a dog carrier bag. Really confused as to how they couldn't fit the dog under the seat. She is about the size of a Frenchie. No way I'd ever put our dog in the overhead bin. Also, even if this chick was stupid enough to put the dog in the overhead, she didn't have to leave it up there. I mean can take bags out the overhead once in flight.

The dog probably died because it was a tight space and Frenchies have breathing issues. Lack of air flow can easily kill pug faced dogs like english bulldogs, frenchies, pugs, etc.

If I were on a plane, I would have just gotten off.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Blah effing blah.

Okay, so the mfg managed lasting precision engineering. But did they really strongarm prevent you from opening the door and calming him every 20 minutes or whatever?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join