It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin police, FBI responding to second explosion Monday, one deadly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Three package bombs in two weeks are likely connected, police say

In the latest explosion just before noon, a 75-year-old Hispanic woman walked outside her home in southeast Austin and found a package.

“We do see similarities and believe these cases are linked at this time,” Manley said. He acknowledged that both victims in the first two explosions were African-American, saying at this point police are not ruling out that these incidents could be hate crimes. “We’re just acknowledging and we’re looking at any possible motivations that would link these two cases together so that we can put this case together, understanding the victimology and who might these individuals had known and had in common,”

Gee I wonder why the usual right wing crowd that screams the USA is under attack by extremists, immigrants or whatever boogey man they can think of is quiet on this one.

Possible motives for their quietness, it is happening to minorities so they don't care...well until a white person is killed (seems to be that is only when they care) or they think as I do, that this is a Trump supporter who has listened to the Alt-right spread their hate and has decided to act upon it.

Any ways this has been happening since March 5th, So i gave them plenty of time to prove me wrong about them, yet the continued silence about this was getting to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The bombings do not need to be hate crimes. It could be someone is trying to make it appear to be a hate crime too.

To jump to a conclusion is not good with this, it could just be some person who is randomly trying to kill anyone just as much as someone who is using Race as a motive. You do not automatically blame the person with a hate crime reason because the person they wronged was of a different color. We cannot eliminate the possibility it was that way though.

I hope they find this killer, if I was in that area, I sure would not be thinking I was safe because I was White.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Three package bombs in two weeks are likely connected, police say

In the latest explosion just before noon, a 75-year-old Hispanic woman walked outside her home in southeast Austin and found a package.

“We do see similarities and believe these cases are linked at this time,” Manley said. He acknowledged that both victims in the first two explosions were African-American, saying at this point police are not ruling out that these incidents could be hate crimes. “We’re just acknowledging and we’re looking at any possible motivations that would link these two cases together so that we can put this case together, understanding the victimology and who might these individuals had known and had in common,”

Gee I wonder why the usual right wing crowd that screams the USA is under attack by extremists, immigrants or whatever boogey man they can think of is quiet on this one.

Possible motives for their quietness, it is happening to minorities so they don't care...well until a white person is killed (seems to be that is only when they care) or they think as I do, that this is a Trump supporter who has listened to the Alt-right spread their hate and has decided to act upon it.

Any ways this has been happening since March 5th, So i gave them plenty of time to prove me wrong about them, yet the continued silence about this was getting to me.

You are making a very broad accusation(s). You could do us a favor and wait for the facts to come out like everyone else instead of trying to play partisan politics and making it seems like it was a "alt-right" thing.

Your intolerance is showing BTW

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I assume they would be quite because very little facts about the case are known
the OP even states the only thing that seems to tie them together is that the victims are both black Americans.
Jumping instantly to it's a Trump supporter before we know anything is a stretch too.

Can't we just agree it's one sick deranged individual until we know more.

One thing for certain if your in the Austin area and you get a package your not expecting best call the police.

a reply to: donnydeevil

I reread the op and the lasted victim is listed as Hispanic? Is it black hispanic? Or CNN white hispanic? The term seems to be used fast a loose is all.

edit on 12-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

"Can't we just agree it's one sick deranged individual until we know more. "

Can't we just agree to do this every time?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sounds reasonable too me I thought that's what I was implying.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about ..it is something I have never heard your side say before...."don't jump to conclusions until full story comes out".

I have seen you guys start a thread with less, declaring it to be a Muslim attack, antifa, black lives matter, Mexican immigrant...etc.
edit on 12-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Who exactly is you guys? Do you consider me a part of this group? Why?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Because someone else did it, it's ok for me to do the same. LOGIC.

Not even worth my time on this thread. LOL. Wow.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Been on ATS a long time, it absolutely sucks now. Every subject is political, and it's both the left and the right's fault. Plenty of other sites or even areas here to get political. People just cant help themselves. H e l l used to you could get real theories intelligent discourse etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What does this have to do with partisan politics?

Who taught you how to think?

This thread sucks.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They haven't been able to prove it was Muslims who planted the bombs, so there's no right wing outrage about "terrorism".

It's likely this was domestic terrorism by a white supremacy anti government group, lots of these in the area.

Did you know that the USA doesn't even have a crime "domestic terrorism" on the books ... it's why the media never refer to anyone as a Domestic Terrorist

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Clearly, again we're dealing with blackmail, threats and arrogance coming from across the atlantic, against the US.
Similar type of violence that the unabomber used to commit in pursuit of a globalist agenda and at the service of globalists.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Sorry. Re-read your post with that in mind and I see you were making a general statement in there. We agree.

top topics

join