It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Remember Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

well, I certainly dont envy your grocery bill, I suspect shoes are a pretty hefty sum as well!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh lookie...a handful of disgruntled miserable-with-their-own-lives jerks and wanna-be mods dropped by to kick you, BC. Why am I not surprised?

I've always mixed a little bad boy with my nice guy but that's really neither here nor there.

What might be relevant is that sometimes we think we are nice guys, but then we turn around and find that we have been picky about the kind of women we pursue and have missed many "nice girls" because of our own standards of who we see ourselves with. It kind of goes both ways I think.

There are a lot of ladies that are very fine people that show an interest, but none of them spark my own interest. So...maybe we have some blame in the relationship game?

edit on 9-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
What might be relevant is that sometimes we think we are nice guys, but then we turn around and find that we have been picky about the kind of women we pursue and have missed many "nice girls" because of our own standards of who we see ourselves with. It kind of goes both ways I think.

Spot-on but that's sort of the unspoken understanding most people have with the meme the OP is emulating. I think that is why nobody is jumping in to coddle.

Nearly every incel story I read about or hear about is about some conventionally hot blonde white girl who decided to go with a conventionally hot guy and they are mad about it. Meanwhile, there's some perfectly fine woman watching this all go on, wondering why this guy won't talk to her instead of the supermodel.

It's always steeped in hypocrisy.

Which, ironically, is why even the girls below an incel's standards still end up with these "assholes" the OP complained about.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Descendents - Hope

How can you say "you torture me" when you're already thinking about someone else
When he comes home you'll be in his arms and I'll be gone
But I know my day will come, I know someday I'll be the only one
So now you wait for a spark you now it will turn you on
He's gonna make you feel the way you want to feel
When he starts to lie when he makes you cry you'll now I'll be there
My day will come, I know someday I'll be the only one

Call me selfish, call it what you like I think it's right
To want someone for all your own and not to share their love
But I'll have the way
You won't stand a chance anyway
'Cause I got to you, you don't stand a chance

So now you wait for his cock, you know it will turn you on
He's gonna make you feel the way you want to feel
When he starts to lie, when he makes you cry you'll now I'll be there

You say you want perfection, that's your self-destruction
You don't know what you want, it's gonna take you a year to find out
I am not givin' up
And when you've had enough, you take your bruised little head
And you'll come running back to me
I know that I will be the only one

Here ya go Buddy.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It was more about crystallizing that situation that I had lived so many times in the past, to offer that perspective up to the other gender.

I do well enough these days. I just wanted to write that perspective as it was brought out in another thread where a woman was complaining about how there were no kind or empathic men in her opinion, and it reminded me of all the times I had been the man in the situation in the rant.

I don't exactly carry on in that way anymore, or get hurt so much by women who are foolish enough to put themselves in that type of situation. It's unfortunate for them, so it's sad to watch, but I don't really get too hurt about it. I can do just fine without that. If she'll do that on opening night, what's to stop her from doing it in week two...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I hate to be that person but if they told you last time to continue in the existing thread and closed your last thread down don't you think you're looking for trouble starting another thread?

I didn't want my past perspective that I was trying to crystallize into a thread to be buried in the back of another thread. It's a valid point of view that I wanted to share. It's not like I'm busting these things out three times a week or something...

originally posted by: fiverx313
okay, so you got your thread shut down for being a spin-off, so you thought your little rants were still important enough to be their own thread, so you started ANOTHER thread for them but removed all reference to the original thread.

NICE GUYS WILL BE HEARD, DAMN IT

/STOMPY FEET, SLAMS DOOR, POUTS

EXACTLY!!!

a reply to: KansasGirl

So over it.

a reply to: Shamrock6

a reply to: Abysha

OMG You guys are so creepy! *ducks behind chad wall* Help!!! Sorry, I was doublespeaking there for a moment. I meant to say thanks, but I'm not interested.
edit on 9-3-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

a reply to: Shamrock6 a reply to: Abysha OMG You guys are so creepy! *ducks behind chad wall* Help!!! Sorry, I was doublespeaking there for a moment. I meant to say thanks, but I'm not interested.

But...I was so nice to you, and I listened to you...

*blocks you before you can block me*

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You should be!
Lol. You'll be fine, you'll just go grey in the process.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Me too.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: fiverx313

ha

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

ThaT was great and perfectly on point. Quit dreaming about the models and look around at all the lovely ladies that may not be model perfect but are inside perfect, lifelong mates. Your choice. Part of this is your maturity in dating. You are learning the hard way.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Remember me?

As a good thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes, and I like your dog.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Have some chocolate.
edit on 10-3-2018 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

Hehe. Well I appreciate the tips, but I'm already highly skilled at ruining my relationships, so I just want to let you know I've already got that covered. I also do enjoy chocolate.

What's your point though?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
my advice. pick up on ats chicks. there's more good ones here than you know. plus there's the whole common interests things. works for lotsa people.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Don't give up man. Maybe you are a nice and honest guy, and maybe you also just need to brush up on some dating advice.

You're honesty and straightforward. That's good but do you spill your guts on the first few dates so there's no mystery left to thebadcabbie?

There could be little things you dont realize you are doing if you have never asked, or nobody has ever told you.

The less you say is actually better. Then she will spend all night thinking about you. But if you tell her everything at once, theres nothing left to wonder about or think about or to surprise her with.

Women are a lot like cats. Men are like dogs. So a lot of things that seem counterintuitive, from a man's perspective, yes even an honest, understanding man, are what works.

Come on, man, chasing women is what life is all about! I'm single at the moment, but I'm still looking for the One, if she exists, or if not, then I'm at least looking for lucky miss #23. You know what they say, Twenty-third times a charm!

Hey, I'm hoping.

But to be honest, I've sort of accepted that maybe I wasn't meant for that.

I try my darndest, every time...

But, maybe its just my job to bring happiness to the world in a different way... MY happiness, is... well, what Really makes me happy the most is to see and make others happy, so... its ok. I know that I've done some good things, and I had some fun along the way, and even experienced true love a couple times. I can't complain.

But I did spend my high school years watching everyone else have fun, and a didn't really get all that much attention. Then I decided to find out what offputting, awkward things I was doing to spoil my chances every time...

You seem like a good guy, I bet you just have one or two relatively small things you need to work on and youd be in ship shape in no time buddy! đź‘Ť Get Motivated! If you just don't want it that bad enough to TRY to learn, then that explains everything.

Those of us who want it, are humbling ourselves and learning. Women are very complex creatures and they are all totally different from eachother. There's a lot to learn, so, get busy living, or...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

Hehe. Well I appreciate the tips, but I'm already highly skilled at ruining my relationships, so I just want to let you know I've already got that covered. I also do enjoy chocolate.

What's your point though?

I think she was trying to cheer you up with humor.
*shrugs*

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: dug88

ThaT was great and perfectly on point. Quit dreaming about the models and look around at all the lovely ladies that may not be model perfect but are inside perfect, lifelong mates. Your choice. Part of this is your maturity in dating. You are learning the hard way.

Great advice right here! I prefer non perfect people. Preferably someone who's been through hell and back, like I have. They generally have a lot more to offer than someone who has a perfect body and/or has had a perfect life. The movie Split perfectly explains it. Damaged people are stronger and more interestimg. And it should be us running the planet, not mr and mrs perfect hairdo and perfect family...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just to be clear to everyone, the perspective I represented in the rant is not my present perspective, though I have had that perspective I presented in the rant in the past. I sympathize with those guys. I'm okay. Just because I don't chase women doesn't mean I don't meet or connect with women, I just don't actively pursue relationships with women as I might have in the past.

I think social and cultural changes happen slowly and incrementally over time, so that was just a drop in the bucket contribution. More of a message to women who have left these men who possess qualities they claim to desire standing aside when some braggart guy comes along. Don't be fooled ladies. I am fine, I will be fine. I have long since moved beyond this mind trap.

You could say I'm a MGTOW, but I think of it more as having a zen approach. I prefer to accept what the universe offers to me, which it turns out is actually a lot if you are willing to be patient and observant. I'm a lover and a gentleman, that's who I am. If that means I don't always get all the girls, I'm okay with that. I don't have to get all the girls, I'd honestly prefer to just get the right girls for me anyway. I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not or overcompensate for my insecurities to do it.

I do have a tendency to sabotage my relationships, and that does concern me. I'm aware of it though, and I'm working on it, so I'm probably doing better than most people with that kind of problem. If anyone wants to help, you should look up that thread and read the horror story, see if you can offer some insight there. This rant doesn't represent where I am emotionally anymore, it's just a perspective I've had in the past. A perspective I thought it important to share.

I do appreciate everyone's input though, and there may be readers who will benefit from your wisdom, so thanks again to everyone for sharing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join