It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The old testament is finished and Homosexuality is OK in The New Law (Christ)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What is Christ's Law? Christ speaks:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 5:17

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Jesus Christ, Matthew 7:12

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." - John 13:35

The old law is not the whole law, because only Christ revealed it:

"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ." - 2 Corinthians 3:14

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." - Paul, Galatians 5:14

Love is Supreme:

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." - 1 John 4:7

There are more verses which points to Christ bringing real Revelation of The Law, more than Moses:

"For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses[/ b], inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;" - Hebrews 3:3-5

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." - John 1:17

In Christ, it is not about male or female, Jew or Gentile, and therefore it is not about being straight or gay, but obeying The Law of Christ which says to treat others as we'd like to be treated:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28

This are the verses which shows that God's Full Law, is Empathy, Love, Unity, Oneness. Christ is Unity and that is beyond gender and race. Interracial and gay couples are completely OK. It is another expression of Christ Unity.
edit on 3-7-2018 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude
However, God's attitude towards marriage has not changed (Matthew ch19 vv1-9).
That point needs to be taken into consideration.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I think you may have overlooked a couple of other passages in the New Testament in your belief and statement, it's not that clear

Hounestly I am not sure and won't comment beyond that

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
So glad your religion says it is okay that we can have Interracial and gay couples....
Not that people need permission nowadays.
But congrats on catching up with the rest of society.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

How come all this then?:

bible.org...

New Testament: Romans 1:26-27 (Both lesbian and homosexual activities are condemned in these verses and shown as a further result of turning away from God. God only approves of monogamous, heterosexual relationships in marriage, condemning fornication and adultery before marriage and within marriage.); 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10; and see also Jude 7.

It is quite clear, both in Torah and in the New Covenant. It could not be any clearer than is spelled out.

You are trying to make Christ, Christianity and Torah Judaism LIBERAL. They are not even slightly liberal. You should be careful because we are warned not to pervert the Word in any degree. There are consequences. It is supernaturally protected. God would rather you have sex with another guy or girl than pollute the Word, just to make a point about making things up to suit yourself because you don't like what is written. If that is the case then there are plenty other religions that will let you be as gay as you like; Paganism and Satanism, for example.

There is nothing new under the Sun. Here is you thinking you are unique in your profound new understanding and making EXACTLY the same errors as the Greek Christian GNOSTICS did two thousand years ago as they wanted their cake and to eat it, too, but they could not and neither can you or I. The Angel, through John, condemns them in Revelation.

When I was younger I slept with a few guys. I don't try to make Christ a liberal because of it though. I own my actions. I must say this messes me up a lot. It is the hardest part of Judaism and Christianity for me as I really HATE having to say anything about what choices people make.

Personally, I would befriend any gay person, male, female or transgender. I would never judge anybody on that score. However, what is written is written. I would be too scared, personally, to # with THE WORD and that is why I stay truthful even when I don't like what I am being told.

This world and morality is not all nice and cosy with rampant free will and zero consequences of actions. If you do not know it already, be sure you shall find out during your life. WE ALL HAVE TO, rich and poor, gay and straight.

What is written is what is, not what you want it to be, nor what I want it to be.

edit on 7-3-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

(post by LoriShriver removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

No offence but
Are you arguing as a Jew or as a Christian
You are confusing a religion and a faith
Judaism is not Christianity
Jewish laws are not Christian laws
I am not saying the OP is right but you are definetly wrong, you can't be Jewish and live their laws as well as a Christian.
Both faiths oppose the other spiritually

I don't think Christians can be a practicing gay, I agree with you, though I don't think you can use Jewish law to condemn a Christian.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

All the new testaments are bogus, we just rewrote them with no material to back it up whatsoever, the olden versions at least went off ancient scripts and astrology a bit. I don't have anything against gays, but I am pretty sure all the Bible is saying is that if all animals were gay, life would cease to exist without technology to help reproduction. Are any other species having gay relationships or do they still mate & reproduce? The only reason we feel like being gay is probable is because we have sperm banks, artificial reproduction almost etc. Without technology, gay wouldn't be thought about. Gays will be the first asexual human species eventually, a straight person has no reason for asexualism, they already are reproducing life. That is why we invented transgenders, as experiments to asexualism, so a guy can be a girl & a girl can be a guy but both can still reproduce.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Our Lord and Saviour was born to a Hebrew woman.The first Christians
were Jews and later the gospel was preached to the gentiles.I am a
gentile believer in the Messiah,Yeshua/Jesus.The Jewish religion is
still under the law,Christianity is under grace.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Who do you think is creating all those gay people? Straight couples.

"Without technology, gay wouldn't be thought about." Umm, no.
edit on 7-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Gay wasn't established as a cultural norm for millions of years until just like 80 years ago when we got technology. & The devil started the idea with science a long time ago in order to suspend the reproduction of life, than advance reproduction in a technologically adjustable way. The seed of the gay idea never really sprouted though until the right equipment was achieved. We need a balance on the Libra scale to make it to space. lol I still like gay people & don't mind the devil. You think people will be straight in space?, When we can screw ourselves & not have to have a nagging partner telling you what to do with your kid, plus asexuality is more efficient for space travel by far.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If it's soooo important, why isn't in the 10 commandments, or 7 deadly sins?
Seems like gay sex would be a bigger fish to fry than sloth, or using the lords name in vain.
Dontcha think?
edit on 7-3-2018 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

"The seed of the gay idea never really sprouted though until the right equipment was achieved."

Up until recently, you could be killed for revealing you were gay. In many, many countries you still can be, by law. Maybe that's the reason it's been kept quiet. Not technology. Gays have always been around. Harvey Milk said that gays should come out so straight folk could see they actually know a few, and they are not "the devil" That is why things changed. Hard to hate gays when a family member is one. The genie is out of the bottle in the USA. Gays are not going back into the closet. They are not afraid. And they fought hard for decades to get their rights.

And not to be brash, but, while masturbating can be fun, sex with a partner is a lot better. So, I don't see that changing. And some of us like our nagging partners and kids.

As far as space. There is only a need to send women and a lot of sperm. They can have male babies. Don't need the men then. Problem solved. And I do think we will be straight in space. Sex has more benefits than just procreation. Have to kill time somehow. Just like here on the Earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

It is in the commandments & it is most of the sins, think about the sin part. They put themselves & their wants above raising "their" child with "their sexual partners child". Greed, sloth. They want to be different because they don't agree with how they feel to what most people think like, they envy change. They have most of the sins lol. Let alone what the commandments speak of. I'll reiterate, I like gay people, most everybody is a sinner & fake religious person, I don't throw stones. Just state facts & theories.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

God's attitude may or may not have changed, I haven't asked Him. People's attitudes sure have though.

And wasn't God suppose to take out the US after gay marriage passed. I'll have to talk to Him later and find out what's taking so long.

I think it would be better if we all just mind OUR OWN BUSINESS.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I like gay people I just state facts & theories. Gays finally had an army big enough to start the gay rights movement about 40 years ago. Thhere wasn't enough gay people to make it a cultural norm up until recently when technology was developed. All over the world gays are accepted since science really came good, timing doesn't lie. I said the seed was here it just never sprouted until we could create transgenders with science & feed people pills & Gatorade & sprite & preservative foods to feel different, & feeling different creates people to think different which in turn creates ideas. Gays have always been around since we created our Adams apple in the garden of Eden, their were just never enough to do anything about it. From the gays I've chilled with 7 outta 10 adhore violence.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It is so sad that some people need a book, written over and over for 2000 years by many humans [hence prone to accidental changes and misconceptions - let alone politics].

Some religious folk scare me that they cannot live without this book and its very ancient explanation for things we know now are completely wrong.
I was asked multiple times how I as an atheist can have morals without the wrath of god hanging over me. My answer is that I am probably a nice gal, with or without the book.

What's more worrying is to know that without this book there would be thousands of nutters raping, pillaging and murdering because they have no intrinsic values.

In short: I don't really care for any quotes from the bible regarding how we should see homosexuals [for or against], because we live 2000 years later and things have somewhat changed. Plus we have new knowledge that they didn't have then.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The topic of the thread is what Christ thinks on the subject, so I was tackling that question by looking at some of his own words.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Jesus didn't have an opinion on the subject...

In mat 19 he spoke of marriage not being gay

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
He spoke of marriage (the heterosexual thing) as something very important in God's eyes, and the Old Testament shows it to be important as a way of producing life.
That has implications about anything that may undermine heterosexual marriage and the production of children, so I said the point needed to be taken into consideration.
Marriage and the God of Life

edit on 7-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join