It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Air Force is putting 'tremendous emphasis' on preparing for war in space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello ATS. It seems that the Air Force is ramping up its energies and efforts for upcoming conflict(s) in the final frontier. That's right Space. I believed that the Navy had a secret Space program based on what I've heard and read but, behold, the Space program is actually run by the Air Force. I would assume a major aspect of this program would be to defend satellites which are becoming more and more important to our daily lives. I do wonder what else is up there that could be so important that we'd need to go to war over it......?

The "National Space Defense Center is now set up and established so that we have a common operating picture of what's going on in space, because unless you known what's going on you can't defend it," she added. "Our budget also includes simulators and war-gaming to train space operators to operate in a contested environment. So there is a lot in this budget."

In the next five years, the Air Force plans to put $44.3 billion toward space systems, according to Space News — about an 18% increase over the five-year plan submitted in 2017. The new total includes $31.5 billion for research and development and $12.8 billion for procurement.

"The top-line numbers I think tell a story," Wilson said at the Heritage Foundation. "But I think when you get down into the programs, there's a real recognition that space will be a contested domain and that we are developing the capability to deter and prevail should anyone seek to deny the United States operations in space."

Even more interesting is the fact that there's a Naval Space Command and a Inited States Air Force Space Command. Hm.mm.m.m.m.....2 Space Commands? I smell a conspiracy...Let's discuss this shall we? So what says ATS?

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Werner vonBraun.....bullseye!!!!!

the next fake war will be aliens

that's what he reportedly said.....what was ....to camelot lady?

no the gal with the perfect hair.....did the roswell thingy.....her hair is always perfect

edit on 6-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

This might be about real threats (and is to some extent), but it is also about the USAF trying really hard to head off Congress from spinning out a Space Corps within the USAF, much like the Marine Corps is within the Navy. Congress has gotten fed up with the USAF not putting as much effort into the very vulnerable space assets as many feel the Blue Beanies ought.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Until Zaphod58 chimes in, I don’t have an opinion...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We're supposed to have a Chinese space station coming down pretty quick, why doesn't the US go up there and blast it into smaller pieces so it doesn't hit someone's house. www.theguardian.com...

I wonder if my house insurance will pay for damage a chunk will cause if it crashes through my roof?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Of course they have their own Space Commands. They both have their own satellites, so why wouldn't they? The Army has their own too.

He who controls the high ground, controls the battle. Antisattelite weapons are propagating, and becoming more and more sophisticated. Potential opponents have had 16 years to study our doctrine, and the biggest thing that has been learned is our over dependence on satellites. Kill them, and you hamstring our military as it is now.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Word has it in some communities that some of the 'satellite' launches by the air force in the 90's were in-plain-sight missions that were, well, quite a bit more than a simple satelite launch.
edit on 7-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Dont do it Anakin...Ihave the highground.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse There is a widely popular incident of China testing a missile in which they shot down a failing satellite. This incident was made even more popular by the movie “Gravity”. A very interesting incident and for good reason. Also one thing to note is that this incident helped all nations know the dangers of such a thing can have very bad affects on many things vital to a nations success.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Looks like they blew the dust off the cover of the SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative) project folder.

"The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), also known as Star Wars, was a program first initiated on March 23, 1983 under President Ronald Reagan. The intent of this program was to develop a sophisticated anti-ballistic missile system in order to prevent missile attacks from other countries, specifically the Soviet Union."

edit on 7-3-2018 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2018 by 2Faced because: more info

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced
Very funny you say that. I have been doing research on this and realized that NASA recently tested their new communications relay. I wonder if that technology has any relation?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I wouldn't know, I have to clear out my junk-room to find the books I've read on it. This could be the incentive I needed to do it anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Kerry Cassidy of project camelot has talked about the secret space race for many years.

Her whistle blowers tell her there are various types of ETs who are supporting various earth bound forces and are using them as their proxies forces fighting for control of the earth.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced Well then I have flagged this thread and maybe one day we can discuss this very topic! Happy reading!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Is it Reagan time again?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Kerry Cassidy of project camelot has talked about the secret space race for many years.

Her whistle blowers tell her there are various types of ETs who are supporting various earth bound forces and are using them as their proxies forces fighting for control of the earth.

Oh no you didnt....

Take this ET talk out of here, apart from some of the crap Astr0 spouted its a forum mainly based on Aircraft Projects.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I wonder if my house insurance will pay for damage a chunk will cause if it crashes through my roof?

If I remember correctly there isn't any house insurance policies that cover Space Debis Damage on the planet, no insurance company would pay out, however China are responsible for any damages their hardware causes.

Personally I think your insurance company should pay our for any accidental damage that they haven't specifically excluded on your policy....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

That aside, the discussion of preparation in response to an eventual threat is appropriate.

One day we will have to face a military conquest from a civilization utilizing space as it's battlefront.

It may be a branch of our own, or entirely from somewhere else... Ultimately... That is a question of when, not if.

Also, I have reason to believe, with high confidence, that we have begun to receive so called "First Contact" signals. There are artificial signals from elsewhere, intersecting with Earth. I have proof beyond a reasonable doubt on this, but I refuse to divulge it at this time. (Another group has the responsibility of publication for this finding. I am waiting for them. Not BS. Fairly certain there are several observatories that have come to the same conclusion. I don't know who is publishing the meat and potatoes first, but I know there is one team I am expecting to hear from, soon.)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Marking for later.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 3/7/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join