It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump a modern day Ayn Rand?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Just a simple question - how many of the posters to this thread have actually read Atlas Shrugged? It's like one of those
Adam Smith and the wealth of nations questions.
Just curious to see if anyone has actually read the book?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Probably not a lot. It's 1168 pages per Wikipedia. Thats a dictionary sized book. And I'll admit I haven't read it either. But I can understand the appeal of it. A story where left wing Marxists run amuck and burden industry to the point where the industrialists stage a revolt and overthrow the government.

It appears it had quite the appeal during the Obama years with conservatives. Now I don't know it Donald has read the book either but I would say yes to your first question. It's a fitting analogy. He is trying to drain the swamp and reverse what he can of Obama era regulations and programs.

But with all the deep state operatives in the government it's going to take a while and a couple of elections before he can make major legislative moves. Brain damage McCaine needs to retire or die and a few more Senate seats need to go Republican before he can force legislation through Congress.

The Senate is really 49-48 and 3 rinos. The Senate is Republican in name only.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DpatC
a reply to: ntech

Just a simple question - how many of the posters to this thread have actually read Atlas Shrugged? It's like one of those
Adam Smith and the wealth of nations questions.
Just curious to see if anyone has actually read the book?

I read it.

Then I started researching the author.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join