It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED - Broward County Officers Were Ordered to NOT Stop The School Shooter.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
March 1, 2018

Several media outlets are now confirming that Broward County Sheriff Officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school (Parkland, FL.) were ordered to NOT engage the shooter. To stay outside the school. While they waited outside, Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 students/faculty, and injured 14 others.

Excerpted from nearby Miami Herald: www.miamiherald.com...

The Broward Sheriff’s Office captain who initially took charge of the chaotic scene at a Parkland high school where 17 people were killed, told deputies to form a perimeter around the deadly scene — which they did, instead of going in to confront the shooter, according to a partial BSO dispatch log obtained by the Miami Herald.

Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has said BSO training and nationwide active-shooter procedure call for armed law enforcement officers to confront shooters immediately rather than secure a scene.

Some people are saying that receiving an order to "stay outside" while the killing is occurring, is not as bad as a "stand down" order. I think that's just parsing words. The hideous outcome is the same either way.

-CareWeMust

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Why would anyone think that was a good idea?
Kids were dying inside.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Regardless of any order given, the cop onsite was chicken shlt and unwilling to do his job.

He can retire with full benefits, but he'll live the rest of his life knowing he could have made a difference that day, but sat outside scared.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think the person giving those orders should be fired, I do believe precautions should be taken, but they should have gone inside once a couple of them were on the scene, it was kids getting shot in there, it was not a gang war.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Why would anyone think that was a good idea?
Kids were dying inside.

Captain Jan Jordan must have misunderstood the type of emergency this was. Setting up a perimeter is what's done during a RIOT, isn't it?

Sounds too similar to the Hawaii commander pushing the wrong NUKE ALERT button.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Regardless of any order given, the cop onsite was chicken shlt and unwilling to do his job.

He can retire with full benefits, but he'll live the rest of his life knowing he could have made a difference that day, but sat outside scared.

I thought there was more than one officer waiting for the shooting to end. You can't form a perimeter with just one guy/gal.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
the military code of conduct says to disobery unlawful orders

sometimes you just gotta do what's right, damn order followers... I bet it would be hard for a lot of you to not want to intervene somehow.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Meh. They can easily dismiss this as a tactical error or some such.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm assuming lawsuits will be forthcoming.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Before being appointed to command Parkland, Jordan was assigned to BSO’s civil division, which serves subpoenas and injunctions, according to her online biography. She was previously with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, where Israel also worked.

Key statement that needs further investigation.

How and why was this guy put in this position?

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think the person giving those orders should be fired, I do believe precautions should be taken, but they should have gone inside once a couple of them were on the scene, it was kids getting shot in there, it was not a gang war.

Kids were dying but you have to question if the officers saying stay outside was following policy because it was a school with teens inside and they had met their quota.

Coral Springs are the hero's here regardless if the shooting was over. Kids were dead and dying and they were there to help. Broward County will go down for this.

+22 more 
link   
This whole shooting is bs.

The narrative was spot on to the gun control talking points.

I emplore anyone in the government that is still good to tear this apart.

There are a lot of us in Florida that have invested into this state for business, and calling this show real is having real financial consequences for us.

Florida, being a tourist destination, damaging what few jobs are left with fake safety issues will do untold amounts of damage to the states economy.

Private investigators, lawyers and prosecutors need to get this sh!^ under control.

All evidence looks like suspicious bs, nothing in the story looks legit.

Heads need to fn roll.

Maybe someone could stop letting us down for once.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: sp/corr

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: sp/corr..hate this phone..grrr

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

When you think about it, authorities rolled out the Red Carpet for Cruz to accomplish this mass-shooting. So many warnings to FBI, Social Workers, prior police visits, and even neighbors calling authorities...all totally 100% ignored. The odds of this happening by coincidence are miniscule. It's like a mass brainwashing was effected on everyone who could stop Cruz.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I had a strong feeling that this entire case stunk of MK or trauma based mind control when I read how he had been orphaned and purchased at a young age

this WREEEEECCKKSSS of an intelligence operation... all over it... and this Hogg kid has been groomed.

Trauma based mind control right up in your face.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Vector99

I thought there was more than one officer waiting for the shooting to end. You can't form a perimeter with just one guy/gal.

One or Four, it doesn't matter. Anyone there in uniform and armed with a weapon that didn't act is a coward. This is what happens when you give retiring cops 'easy' jobs. Give them a damn desk job, not a place to protect....sigh.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
This whole shooting is bs.

The narrative was spot on to the gun control talking points.

Not only that. Take yourself over to Wikipedia and do some research on the lady that school was named after. Of course most people don't know anything about that but if you were aware of her and who she was and so forth, it would maybe be a strange coincidence.

She was (apparently) what we today would call a moonbat.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I agree 100% if these people could have simply done their jobs this kid wouldnt have even passed a back ground check. Its like they wanted him to be able to pass one so now they can tell you background checks need to be stricter or worse have a stronger case to ban guns altogether... people at the highest level need to be fired this isnt the 1st time this has happened and it wont be the last until they get what they want. [Total gun confiscation]

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm assuming lawsuits will be forthcoming.

With so many agencies ignoring Cruz, the lawsuits could name several defendants. (I don't think you can sue the FBI though.)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Irony is the BSO taking over local Ft. Laud. surrounding citie's PD(Tamarac) in the past due to selling confiscated drugs. The saviors of corruption became it. Or did they, were they corrupt all along?

What you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Nothing I have seen leads me to believe anyone was shot.

Who can easily open a bunk fb page, and make him look psycho. Give me about 3 minutes and an internet connection.

"Someone was contacted 5000 times, the ball was really dropped, we need more social media police, those darn fbi"

My bhole

This thing is bs, the timeline is bs, and the kids check scamming arrest guardian who is trying to get his dead mom's inheritance probably made the fb page, as well and maybe made the 37 reports.

Other kids spoke with the kid during the shooting.

None of this story passes the smell test

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: sp/corr..hate this phone..grrr

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join