It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more week til I finally see Paris! AHHHH! Also some flying advice?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
MORE Paris travel tips:

Tell everyone you're Jerry Lewis' grand-niece to get the best tables in restaurants.
It's always worked for me.

ALSO...give money to every mime you see.
Most of them are evil...and WILL attack you if they get upset or dislike your shoes.

HAHA are there really that many mime's in Paris? I want to see one. It's like street performers here.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I saw a video once about keeping your electronics safe while traveling in your luggage, which goes through slippery hands in security...anyway, you cable all you electronics in a looped locked cable, it creates too much bulk to slip out and hide and discourages theft...anyway, safe travels! Have fun!a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
OK, now some real travel tips, get your METRO map and study it, easiest way to get around Paris, allow 6 hours for the Louvre, and try to get to the Eiffel tower early and avoid long lines btw if you see 3 long lines and one short, don't go there it's the line for the stairs...

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Do a self-guided walking tour of Monmarte. You have to see Place De Terre (spelling?) and the artists church. Sacre Couer and Notre Dame are a must. Make sure to get a ham and cheese crepe from one of the street vendors. I ate about 4 every day there. Also, there's Monet museum in the outskirts of the city that is kind of hard to find but is a must. I was never really a fan of his until I went there. It has all of the paintings that were still in his possession when he died. It has unfinished pieces that really give great insight into his process. There's so much in Paris that waisting your time to go on the tower is really the last thing. The Paris skyline is nothing to write home about, the beauty is in the details in that city. Have a great time, it was the best trip of my life.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
OK, now some real travel tips, get your METRO map and study it, easiest way to get around Paris, allow 6 hours for the Louvre, and try to get to the Eiffel tower early and avoid long lines btw if you see 3 long lines and one short, don't go there it's the line for the stairs...

OH I have an awesome guide for Paris. He planned it all. He has our tickets for all events including the Eiffel Tower. He got tickets to everything months ago. He will be my virtual map!

He asked if i wanted to do stairs or elevator for Eiffel Tower and I picked the elevator because he will be with me. If I was alone I would proudly climb those stairs!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If you love art...you must visit the Louvre.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If you love art...you must visit the Louvre.

I am obsessed with art! I honestly have no idea what he has planned. I do think he is taking me to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam which would be AMAZING because Van Gogh is my favorite artist.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Any way.....any suggestions for fear of flying?

Get a REALLY GOOD book and read it. You'll be too engrossed in the story to think about flying, and I mean an ACTUAL PHYSICAL book, so you can be reading it even during takeoff, to not think about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You should also hit the Rijksmuseum while in Amsterdam, to see the ACTUAL Rembrandts. They are so amazing in person. I was only in my early teens when we were there, but I'm an old soul, and my parents had to PRY me out of there. I'm still unsure how I ended up with two (though not bad) parents with almost zero appreciation for art and culture. The red light district in Amsterdam is likewise eye-opening. (of course, I was there many, many years ago...but I imagine these two things are pretty much the same).

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

He asked if i wanted to do stairs or elevator for Eiffel Tower and I picked the elevator because he will be with me. If I was alone I would proudly climb those stairs!

Nope, you made the right choice (but make sure to get there as early as you can, and bring something to keep you busy while in line for a while...I somehow doubt that has changed). And I'll echo Tony's suggestion on hitting the Monet museum on the outskirts of the city.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Any way.....any suggestions for fear of flying?

Get a REALLY GOOD book and read it. You'll be too engrossed in the story to think about flying, and I mean an ACTUAL PHYSICAL book, so you can be reading it even during takeoff, to not think about it.

I actually have a book in mind. I don't use e-readers so all I have are actual books. I will hit the bookshop before my flight. I just hope I can concentrate! Maybe some music to go along. Do you know if airplanes have plugs to charge phones?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Nope, you made the right choice (but make sure to get there as early as you can, and bring something to keep you busy while in line for a while...I somehow doubt that has changed). And I'll echo Tony's suggestion on hitting the Monet museum on the outskirts of the city.

I think we will go to the Eiffel Tower first thing in the morning. I honestly have no idea what he has planned besides the Eiffel Tower. Has 7 surprises the entire trip planned so I am a bit curious as to what he is doing. SO far from what I know he is SPOT ON with everything!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has heard how she is doing in Paris?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Hopefully she's not on the back of a carton of lait.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

This was supposed to be a 3 day trip and no one has heard a word from her? I don't like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: mamabeth

This was supposed to be a 3 day trip and no one has heard a word from her? I don't like this.

Paris was a 3 day trip. The rest of her trip was I think 2 weeks total, if I'm recalling correctly (I may be incorrect, I haven't dug through her posts to be certain of timeframe)

Personally, I think she's fine, just having a blast gallivanting around Holland right now. Mblah would not have gone if she wasn't certain of her safety.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Holland is dangerous, especially Amsterdam, I once was stuck for days in one of those cafe's.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I’m surprised she hasn’t at least checked in quickly to let ATS know she made it.

A quick update would be nice, but then again she is on holidays, so I’m sure she has lots to keep her busy.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have mblah on facebook. She's been posting photos galore of the trip. I think she comes back tomorrow or Tuesday maybe.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thank you, that is relieving to hear!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join