It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more week til I finally see Paris! AHHHH! Also some flying advice?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So things have been going well with my very sweet Dutchman. I swear I feel I know him better than my last two relationships combined! The man knows communication. Maybe I should have gone Dutch before? Anyway...

I leave next Thursday and I am about to freak out. I'm more nervous that I will actually see Paris finally than meeting my sweet Dutchman. I have wanted to see Paris my entire life and this man has literally planned the trip of my dreams. I told him he scores massive points for our first date being a romantic 3 day trip to Paris. I mean this kind of stuff doesn't happen in MY LIFE! I have only seen this stuff in movies. How did I get so lucky? Huh, maybe all the crap I've been through in the past 10 years+ has led to some good karma? I mean if you believe in that kind of stuff. I did figure out one surprise because of the date. I knew we were going to London for a day and I couldn't figure out why UNTIL I saw Paloma Faith is playing the same day we will be there. Oh yea he got tickets! I silently screamed at work when he told me. I really dont know why she isn't popular in the states, she is amazing! He said he has 7 surprises, I figured out one of them. He also said two different hotels in Paris because one is part of a surprise. Now that has me stumped. What would require a room change? Maybe a huge view of the Eiffel Tower? I don't know. I guess I will find out soon enough. I will need some waterproof mascara

I am also a bit freaked to fly. I absolutely hate flying, makes me shake! I will take some OTC meds and herbal stuff I use but other than that I hope to god i just pass out on the flight. I leave at 6:35 pm eastern time and will finally get to Amsterdam the next day at 2 pm their time. I swear that will be the longest 15 hours or so of my life! I have a 3 hour layover at the Gatwick airport which is hella funny considering the last time I was there I was going to Italy to see my Navy boyfriend about 7 years ago. I hope some of the stores I went to are still there, don't know the names just where they are located.

I have already PACKED my suitcase. Why? Well it's beach weather where I live so I don't need any of the items in my suitcase! I bought some TSA approved locks and suitcases. I will check my one bag because it will have toiletries in it like shampoo and well can't take that on the plane. I have a nice sized carry on Betsy Johnson bag for the plane. He told me to pack light and I laughed. I packed semi light I guess you could say. One checked normal size bag, one carry on and one small bag for toiletries that attaches to my suitcase. That seems light right?

Any way.....any suggestions for fear of flying? I took melatonin on my last overseas flight and well I hallucinated the entire time. I couldn't sleep and it was just creepy and I felt hung over for two days! Anyone know if you can take kratom on a plane? It works wonders for my anxiety so I was hoping i could bring it.

I am so silently excited that I could burst. All my friends are like "wow you are so calm" and I just say WAIT until next week.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

You'll be fine with the bags. I'd stick with the OTC stuff and despite what people tell you, don't get drunk on the plane.

Have fun my friend and make sure to take pics for all of us.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here's hoping your trip is wonderful.
Paris is magical.
Enjoy the food and wine.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver That sounds awesome that you get to do something like this. Not every person is so lucky. Congrats! One thing come to mind though.....have you ever seen the movie Hostel?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That wont impact her anxiety at all.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I feel like a jackass for even bringing this up, but first date?
You mean you haven't seen this man before IRL?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

May your dreams come true......

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
I feel like a jackass for even bringing this up, but first date?
You mean you haven't seen this man before IRL?

Nope and your point? It's not my first time online dating.

I am a grown woman who can take care of herself.

Yea first date. It's not like we don't talk and video chat constantly. In today's society I prefer this method of dating. I can't stand men locally who are shallow and selfish. I have had my fair share of jerks the last ten years to last a lifetime. I met this man by chance and well I am going with it. Nothing wrong with taking a chance. Neither of us are worried about not getting along in person.

Always someone with a negative attitude.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Allaroundyou

That wont impact her anxiety at all.

HAHA! We have made all these jokes with each other. He was actually a bit insulted people thought he would do any harm to me. He is a bit old fashioned in many ways, no social media is one thing i really like about him. We talk all day every day and video on weekends. I swear I talk to him more than my last three relationships combined. It's quite nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Sleep as much as you can before Paris. Once there, it's a nonstop experience. You don't want to miss anything about Paris. The city is huge and some stuff happens in the middle of the night only. I think it could take weeks to see the whole thing but 3 days in Paris with the man you love sounds really great.

edit on 27-2-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I'm sorry, like I said I feel like a jackass for bringing it up. It's just that it is real easy for some ppl online to pretend to be something they're not.
I speak from my own experience, once bitten twice shy

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Don't forget to wear a beret.
ALL French people wear berets.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I have to travel for work. For long flights I put little packs of tea bags (chamomile tea if I am trying to sleep), sweet and low and mini moo creamers into a empty yeti and bring them on the flight. When the flight attendant comes by I have everything open in the yeti and I just ask them to add hot water. The chamomile helps me to sleep. I use a tea with caffeine (breakfast blend) in the morning when I am trying to wake up.

I wear socks to keep my feet and ankles warm, bose noise cancelling headphones (the tiny ear bud style), and I typically wear black or dark colors when I travel because it doesn’t show dirt.

I have a terrible time sleeping on flights. I have tried every travel pillow out there - no luck. I even tried the sleep pillow that looks like a Massage pillow and straps to your seat so all you have to do is lean forward and fall asleep (no luck). My current solution is carrying a sea to summit thermolite reactor blanket with me. It comes rolled up in a little orange pouch. I found that if I put the tray table down and I lie my head on the rolled up blanket I can sometimes get comfortable enough to sleep for a bit. It is high enough so that I don’t hurt my back. Not the best solution but after trying almost everything it is what works for me.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

I'm sorry, like I said I feel like a jackass for bringing it up. It's just that it is real easy for some ppl online to pretend to be something they're not.
I speak from my own experience, once bitten twice shy

People you meet in person can be the same way, hence my decade of jerks

My ex-husband was a pathological liar, still is. He made himself out to be someone he isn't. So it doesn't have to be someone you meet online, people in your day to day life are just as capable of being not whom they claim.

This man knows I have some reserve that he is the real deal. I mean he is very sweet and so far just wonderful so in my mind I"m like WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!
I have met his parents via video, he is very close to them. His mom bought my son a book on Dutch for kids and she even downloaded an app to learn some English so we can talk, she doesn't speak English. I downloaded an app as well so we can chat but more than likely my guy will be the translator!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Don't forget to wear a beret.
ALL French people wear berets.

HAHA I actually had a friend make a really nice crochet one! Whether they really wear them or not I'm rocking mine.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
HAHA! We have made all these jokes with each other.

In that case have you seen the film A Bunch of Masons Tricked Me Into Visiting Paris Where They Used Me in a Blood Sacrifice Below that Pyramid Thingy By the Louvre?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I usually use Imodium when I fly so I use the restroom less or don't have to at all. Even a tab of pepto can do wonders on the stomach in flight.

I usually get drunk on the flight but that's only short ones to Mexico where I am intending to keep drinking anyways. Your flight is a bit too long for that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Your excitement is wonderful! Have a lovely time, this is very exciting

I brought a great book with me on my last flight which got me through long, uncomfortable hours. Good luck

and have an amazing trip
edit on 27-2-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It's good to hear you had contact with his parents, and from what I can read you've been around the block a few times regarding relationships. I hope you don't blame me for projecting my bad experiences on your adventure.
Bon voyage et tout a l'heure

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Paris is a # hole. Also full of the French!.
Good for you going Dutch though coolest dudes about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join