It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Called to School Because ‘Math Symbol Looked like a Gun’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
No that´s not better it´s even worse, just like that response. See that´s the problem with people like you, if you don´t know any further, responses like this are made. Instead of advocating better training and awareness, you demonize everything that goes agains your line of thought "guns are evil, we must make it harder to get them".

Well, no, because like I said, the blackmarket does not care. Contrary to what you think, if the US now starts to bash down on legal gun owners and makes it harder in a situation to get a gun, where guns are already everywhere out there in criminal hands... They are going to the blackmarket to get their guns then. What does it help?

I wish people like you would think two or three steps ahead and use their brain. Because then you would not have to go to the last resort:

Well its better than the " you're tryin' to take mah gunz!" response. That's not helpful either.

Very childish.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Something is massively, deeply wrong when kids panic over a maths symbol, police take it seriously and innocent students get disciplined for studying.

For god's sake, they eat freaking LAUNDRY SOAP in this country.
Plus, it's Florida. There are lunatics and idiots *everywhere* down there.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I made the decision that I would never hamstring him and bring him to america. never put him into the same bleak future the rest of the kids his age in America face. he can grow up being a normal boy without the complications of growing up in america.
Please have a moment of silence for those of us who would dearly love to get out, but simply cannot, thanks to money.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: radarloveguy

What- he wasn't arrested for having weapons of math desthruction?

That one made me laugh.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: radarloveguy

What- he wasn't arrested for having weapons of math desthruction?

or, or, he should have been arrested for possession of a weapon of math denomination or, or arrested for possession of an algebraic solution.

Anyway, serious now, guns = trauma (video games not so much)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Maybe a compromise between “ban all guns” and “it shouldn’t be hard for anyone to get a gun” is needed?

Agreed.
When we forget how to compromise we are lost.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I know its pretty shi**y to be worried you are going to be shot up every time you go out in public these days. That much I know.

To be fair if this is how you feel than you are not really in touch with reality. Regardless of what the "news" has been telling us the chances of being caught in a mass shooting are very small.

living in fear does not help when making decisions that effect everyone.
38 years I have been living in the deep south around a lot of guns and I am no more afraid to go out in public than I was when I was 10.

I had a giggling lunatic pull a gun on me 'because he could'. It's put me right on edge since.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It is a multi-faceted problem, and many solutions are needed.

Calling me names is not helpful either.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Ah now you backup to "but you call me names"... -where? See, it´s why I can´t take you seriously. Dream on, I´m done arguing with you.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Does Q know about this?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I agree. I'd love to live someplace like Canada where I can go to a mall or a movie theater or a church or an outdoor music concert, and my kid can go to school without worrying if there's going to be a shooting today.

They happen in Canada to.

La Loche shooting (2016)

On Jan. 22, 2016, a 17-year-old boy shot and killed two teenage brothers at a house in northern Saskatchewan. The teen then went to the local school, where he shot and killed two teachers and wounded seven others.

His friends described the teen as the black sheep of his family and a victim of bullying at school.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Maybe people should look at the big story.

Schools are known to suspend primary school children for drawing a picture of a gun or eating a Pop Tart in a way that it vaguely resembles a gun.

Yet in the Parkland school shooting, a person that was banned from being in the school in any way, and had been previously banned from wearing a backpack to the school was observed getting out of a car and walking up to the school, wearing a backpack AND carrying a dufflebag. They left him walk right in! I believe he was wearing a ballistic vest too.
For a number of years now, I have to have my ID in my hand to to be buzzed into the school to just approach the school office... double doors... buzzed in at each one.
They focus on Pop Tarts and let shooters walk in the door.
Link to new thread with arrest report.
edit on b000000282018-02-25T07:26:39-06:0007America/ChicagoSun, 25 Feb 2018 07:26:39 -0600700000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I had a meth addict point a gun at me...told me he was just trying to show me his loaded gun is all.
Another time I had a few gang members pull guns on me because I was with someone that had robbed them.
Another time I had a gun pulled on me because I was trying to fight a guy that had stolen from me.

None of that put me on edge. But perhaps I am just made of sturdier stuff than most.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

I´m done arguing with you.

Good! Bye.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I agree. I'd love to live someplace like Canada where I can go to a mall or a movie theater or a church or an outdoor music concert, and my kid can go to school without worrying if there's going to be a shooting today.

They happen in Canada to.

Every other week??

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I had a meth addict point a gun at me...told me he was just trying to show me his loaded gun is all.
Another time I had a few gang members pull guns on me because I was with someone that had robbed them.
Another time I had a gun pulled on me because I was trying to fight a guy that had stolen from me.

None of that put me on edge. But perhaps I am just made of sturdier stuff than most.

Sounds to me you need to move and find new friends.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In order to avoid such issues in the future, I propose changing the square root symbol.

My suggestions (in no particular order)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In my country wasting police time is a crime.

America should consider something similar if they haven't already.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

In this instance the guy should not have had guns. He had committed a violent assault and been removed from school. The school never called the police because they were colluding to keep teen crime stats low in return for funding via incentives.

The FBI was told twice about him. Nothing was done at all.

39 visits from the police, some over concerns he was going to use known weapons to shoot the school.

From where i stand this kid was engineered to be a shooter by both the school and local law enforcement. Then blessed off by the FBI.

This is a failure, maybe even purposeful, by the law enforcement. The level of multidepartmental negligence here cant all be accidental. It must be criminal.

Before any gun laws are considered i want the above investigated and prosecuted. This isnt a gun law problem. This is a conspiracy to commit fraud.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Imagine how many of you would have reacted if the police did not investigate this and the kid then went on a school killing spree.

Police have to investigate things like this and the way people reacted to previous school shootings is why.

edit on 25-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join