It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Assumes Olympics Fan Is Flying a Confederate Flag. It Was Norwegian.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Triggered!

Time

The Seattle Times received the following tip from New York Times best-selling author Rebecca Morris after she believed that she saw a Confederate flag flying in her neighborhood: “Hi. Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying in front of a house in my Greenwood neighborhood. It is at the north-east corner of 92nd and Palatine, just a block west of 92nd and Greenwood Ave N. I would love to know what this ‘means’ … but of course don’t want to knock on their door. Maybe others in the area are flying the flag? Maybe it’s a story? Thank you.”

I don't know what's worse. Getting so bent out of shape by seeing a confederate flag or by an educated person not able to recognize a Norwegian flag! Not to mention, she was hoping to make a media sensation out of it.

Then, she passes the blame... after all, one can't admit their sensitive and easy to trigger.

When Morris found out that she had mistaken the flags, she pointed to the current political climate as a possible reason for her mix-up.

“Maybe that’s the story,” she told the Seattle Times. “We’re so stressed by all things political that we see things that aren’t there.”

Modern America... overly sensitive. Classic America... other countries have flags?

edit on 2-24-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: fixed link

edit on 2-24-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

hahaha - coming from a "true crime" author. How embarrassing. I often say that Americans are so insular.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Classic Rebecca...... that not the star and stripes ......must be the confederate flag....triggered....

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah nope. Both flags are very destinctive there is no way you could mistake them like that. The fact that she wanted to sensationalize it is very telling. I hope the norwegian neigbour plants a norwegian flag in front of her house. Stupid woman.

Just for reference.

Flag of Norway

Modern display of the Confederate flag

Totally the same.

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't always make mistakes with flags of countries...

...But when i do, it is because of the political climate.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
While we're on the subject, madam, this one is ours;

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
by an educated person not able to recognize a Norwegian flag!

Evidently she hasn't been following the Winter Olympics.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And?
She is no dumber than Americans who claim that Hitler was a left winger and that fascism is a left wing ideology. She is no dumber than Americans who think that universal health care is something Hitler invented.
Sarah Palin was a relevant politician in USA not so long ago for crying out loud!! This just shows how dumbed down some of you Americans are.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
While we're on the subject, madam, this one is ours;

You know, that is really cloe. I think I'll fky one of those in my neighborhood and see what happens!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

nvm

edit on 24-2-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Bahaha! Stupid person,can't even recognise a flag she apparently finds offence with!
😂😂😂

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Talk about reversing cause and effect. The political climate RESULTS from seeing what isnt there.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
by an educated person not able to recognize a Norwegian flag!

Evidently she hasn't been following the Winter Olympics.

I came across a headline recently that talked about all the flag waving at the Olympics. The title gave the impression that wa a bad thing. I wasn't in the mood to read another "can't wave flags for fear someone will be insulted" story.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It could be that it was a windless day and that the flag was hanging downwards at 45 degrees or so. Then they would look a bit more similar but still without the stars.

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
And?
She is no dumber than Americans who claim that Hitler was a left winger and that fascism is a left wing ideology. She is no dumber than Americans who think that universal health care is something Hitler invented.
Sarah Palin was a relevant politician in USA not so long ago for crying out loud!! This just shows how dumbed down some of you Americans are.

LOL - are you a bit triggered mate? That response has F-all to do with anything except your projections.

Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Seattle Times

If you squint really hard and stand way back, yup, looks like a rebel flag

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hey, maybe the woman knew what flag it was all along and was just jealous. She didn't want to be reminded that tiny Norway now has 13 Olympic gold medals, 14 silver medals and 11 bronze medals, which makes a total of 38 medals so far.

US have only managed to scrape together 9 gold Medals, 8 silver medals and 6 bronze medals, which makes pitiful 23 Olympic medals. Ouch!

Medal counter

Some people are just so sore losers!

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Even if a person chose to fly a confederate flag on their property, what business is it of hers to determine whether the person should or not?

Good god! The leftists hate free expression!

Not only are they cowardly little book-burning authoritarians, they are ####ing morons as well!

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
And?

No worse than any other country my friend. I've run into a lot of Europeans with really stupid missconceptions about the world around them. We don't have a monopoly on idiots in the US. Actually, we're just catching up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join