It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there might be more to the shooting in Florida than what is being reported (corruption).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good thread with lots of info........thank you.
I am seeing on the news this morning that 4 cops did stay outside while the shooting happened. Broward county needs a complete cleaning out from the top down. The only person that should be left is the janitor and I would keep an eye him or her too.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

CNN will regret picking it up and drawing so much attention. Now they have no other choice then to report any findings about this unfolding corruption scandal. They got played. Hard. Going Hog(g) wild didn't pan out like they have hoped for. Get the popcorn ready.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The trained professionals with the guns you mean? The good guys with a gun who were supposed to stop the bad guy with the gun?

Great example of that idea in action.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What are SROs? I'm not aware of all acronyms.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

These people allowed children to die through their own corruption...and you're playing politics. Way to show your concern for what really matters.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

What are SROs? I'm not aware of all acronyms.

School Resource Officer.

This event makes it pretty clear that the police are not really here to "protect and serve". Good intentions do not forgive poor actions.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Mind blown. The tentacles of extreme corruption and criminality extend to....where does it end?

I grew up in Broward County and this is so disheartening. Bottom line- gimme the money-anyway I can get it.

It takes something extreme to expose the dirt-every time. Unfortunately, the governor of Florida is a really dirty dog himself with an extreme corrupt past. He owned an health insurance scheme company that hurt many. Still, idiot Floridians voted him governor.

When the corruption involved every level of government-do you think anyone will disclose the other? What a sick system and lack of morality and no concern for the safety of the citizens.

Thanks for this eye-opening exposure of extreme corruption but who will fix it? Not the FBI.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Bummer that these police were showing dereliction of duty.

Don't forget too: they get to demolish this old building, and get a whole new one ... on the taxpayer's dime!

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The trained people with guns need to be INSIDE the building, not responding from outside.

Those that know and work with their students every day would not hold back the way these officers did.

Train the teachers, and let them bring their own personal side arms -- the ones that would volunteer for that.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
At least we know they are investigating themselves for criminal negligence.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If a CNN source counts as verification -www.cnn.com... 0436PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

4 Sheriffs outside never went in.

Here's the weird bit: they say the video feed was set back 20 minutes so what they thought was live was actually 20 minutes old.
How the H does that happen?
edit on 24-2-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well done Tim
Thanks for sharing this

This is shameful. It hurts deeply when the home team takes a hit, but we'll be better for it in the end. Cowering behind their unit is inexcusable, when lives of children (or anyone) hang in the balance. Coral Springs PD were probably beside themselves

From the radio traffic I heard, the only units given staging orders were SRT guys. There is no excuse for this level of ineptitude though. Nobody expects LEOs to carelessly sacrifice their lives (scene safety is priority, of course). But when there is an active shooter threat, there's no way to make that scene safe without confronting the threat

How many were killed during this period of inaction?
How long was EMS delayed in making first contact with the critically wounded? Did this cause any deaths?
Is this why they picked up the anti-gun narrative almost immediately?

As usual, it seems there is far more than we're being told

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Give me a break! More "glitches" just like the "radio crash" they had. I assume they were using UHF trunked radios, which by its very nature (of the repeater system) has redundancy built in. Or Lois Lerner's "hard drive crashes" or Strozok/Page's "technical glitches"

Always a "glitch" of some type. My answer is, if these people are too stupid to use technology properly (without "glitches") then they need to go back to pen and pad for everything. But accountability is 100% a part of legitimacy, and this is an utter failure of accountability

It is clear there are bad actors who are operating within the confines of our legal system/government who seek to subvert or otherwise limit our individual freedoms.

They will not succeed.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

They're doing what Liberals do best....deflect and make excuses. No surprise there.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Look up the guidelines laid out by the DoJ and DoE under the Obama admin because of the disproportionate disciplinary problems in certain minorities and you can be sure it is not the only district in the country playing these games.

I don't know which ones are, but I've seen a series of articles done on Power Line blog about the Minneapolis/St. Paul district that pretty much points to them possibly playing it. They certainly instituted quota discipline measures in the school district and now the schools are in chaos.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Also, this same sheriff, Israel, was also criticized in how his office handled the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood airport Shooting.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

There is literally no legitimate argument against teacher's carrying lawful weapons. Obviously they'd train in concert with LEOs, and wear some type of identification or use a challenge word.

They could also be issued a LE department radio. They could direct incoming SRT/responding units and give updates on the shooter, their location, whether a threat is still active, etc.

The anti-gunners would rather children keep dying and adults have to use their own bodies as shields, rather than realizing that our "more guns = less violence/crime" actually makes sense.

Criminals will always have guns. There is no reality in which they do not. Therefore, we must engage in an "arms race" to ensure we're always ahead of the criminals. Maximum advantage. We need the odds stacked ENTIRELY in our favor, and it needs to be 100% completely unfair to the criminal.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Perfect reason why me and so many law abiding Americans carry our concealed handguns. You can't trust ANYONE nowadays to protect you, your family, your property, or those around you.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: JBurns

Perfect reason why me and so many law abiding Americans carry our concealed handguns. You can't trust ANYONE nowadays to protect you, your family, your property, or those around you.

Keep Calm and Glock on.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This isn't the only place where we are being mislead. Take an objective look at the DUI industry sometime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join