It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Born In The USA Bandana Now Hat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Anyone else remember a red bandana in Bruce's back pocket?

I do. My mom had this record, played it often and faced the cover butt-side forward - so I have no choice but to remember the bandana. lol Not to mention seeing the iconic cover in various places throughout life.

Full size.

Yep - it's now a hat.

Funny you never see Bruce on stage with a hat. From that period he only wore a bandana (stopped in the 90's I think).

There are a few sites with residue / images, but they are quickly being pushed down in SERPs by all the pages pointing out the Mandela Effect. I'm not feeling like hunting them down - you either remember it or you don't - which is the point of this thread (there are ME vids if you need more info).

There's quite a bit about "gay signaling" in other ME threads on other sites about this one, though the naysayers aren't clear as to why that matters -maybe Bruce would never put a bandana in his pocket because that's gay? That sounds silly to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 'hanky code' was started because of this iconic album cover.. (lmao - reminds me of that "anal bum cover" snl skit).

So what do you remember... A red bandana, or a hat?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Can't see the front very well, but I'm pretty sure it's a "Make America Great Again" hat.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

WTF. I never once heard of anything like a "hanky code" in my life. I have carried a plain white hanky in my rear/left jeans pocket for as long as I can recall. This explains a couple uncomfortable and puzzling situations in my life. For crying out loud. Well I'll be sure to carry my hanky some other way now. Of all possible things. Hanky code. Jesus. Perhaps that's the real ME at play here. A pocket and a man's damn hanky used to be just that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

WTF. I never once heard of anything like a "hanky code" in my life. I have carried a plain white hanky in my rear/left jeans pocket for as long as I can recall. This explains a couple uncomfortable and puzzling situations in my life. For crying out loud. Well I'll be sure to carry my hanky some other way now. Of all possible things. Hanky code. Jesus. Perhaps that's the real ME at play here. A pocket and a man's damn hanky used to be just that.

Please start a new thread for your "uncomfortable and puzzling situations." That made me laugh. Star for you.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is another no-doubter. A baseball cap in the back pocket doesn't even make sense. Neither according to the laws of physics, nor in any other sense. Some of these ME's are getting very silly now.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If nothing else, I learned a little bit of trivia from this.

The red baseball cap stuffed into his back pocket belonged to his old pal Lance Larson from New Jersey. When Larson’s father died, he gave Bruce his dad’s favorite red baseball cap. Springsteen decided to wear it on the cover of Born in the USA in tribute. He told Larson that his father would always live on in music history. How right he was.

Source

...and that since Bruce wore a bandana during performances, people figure he also had one in his back pocket for the album cover.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

In that other timeline Larson's father wore a bandana.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah... It all makes sense now.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Okay... let me admit I'm not a huge Springsteen (or Springstain?) fan, but anyone alive in the 80's was seeing that album and poster everywhere for years, and I have to admit that that looks WRONG at first glance and every fiber says it was a thinner red-patterned hanky that was his "trademark" bandanna.

The Larson backstory... okay and I know everyone would expect it to be a trademark bandanna in his pocket and so conflate the two... nope. Not buying this one.

What the holy heck is happening?

And to those who think it silly ... maybe so, but for some reality is now different. My question is why?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I guess it depends on where you came from. Tucking your hat in your back pocket is pretty common down in my home area of the Southwest. Especially among kids who play baseball. Curving the bill of a cap into a very tight U shape is the thing to do, so the bill fits fine in the pocket.

I'll be honest. I owned the cassette tape, but I really don't remember enough about the album art to argue either way. There's no strong vibe as to bandana VS red hat when I think it over.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

On ebay:
ssli.ebayimg.com...

www.ebay.com...
edit on 2/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Is,was,and always has been a ball cap in his pocket.When I read the title,I pictured "the ball cap in his back pocket".
My favorite song is "I'm On Fire".

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Before I read another reply, I have to stop and say this reply is totally hilarious..

I'm still laughing. Nice.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbeltjones

I know right, “I’m on fire” is such a good song but it feels so short at only 2:40 long, wish it was longer.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I feel like a short song is a nice departure from his norm. I'm more familiar with Born to Run, though. Talk about wordy.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I remember it a hat in back pocket and thinking you don't really see people doing that much, just at job sites.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well hey Phage - they only bring you out for the hot stuff, good to have you here!

a reply to: blackbeltjones
I agree with "I'm on Fire", love that song (Dancin' in the Dark was another).

..been wanting to learn a new cover. I already played all night and my fingers hurt, but I'll pick it up tomorrow - and if I can nail it, I'll record it (video) and maybe put it here. Maybe. Probably not I guess, but maybe. Love that song.

..forgot to add that I got a really stong feeling of deja vu making this thread. Putting here in case it means something to someone.

edit on 24-2-2018 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
If nothing else, I learned a little bit of trivia from this.

The red baseball cap stuffed into his back pocket belonged to his old pal Lance Larson from New Jersey. When Larson’s father died, he gave Bruce his dad’s favorite red baseball cap. Springsteen decided to wear it on the cover of Born in the USA in tribute. He told Larson that his father would always live on in music history. How right he was.

Source

...and that since Bruce wore a bandana during performances, people figure he also had one in his back pocket for the album cover.

Does it by any chance explain the PHYSICS of HOW the hat is "tucked in his back pocket?" Taking into account where the adjustable strap is, and where the bill of the cap would be from there, etc. I see lots of jokes in this thread, but no analytical explanation of HOW the cap is supposedly "tucked in his back pocket."

Waiting...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My mother's copy, bought when it came out, has a cap.

Next.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join