It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mandela Effect. "And Venus Was His Name."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Everyone remembers the old Bananarama song from the 80's. "Goddess on the mountain top..." "She's got it..." etc. The entire song was about a female goddess. But now the lyrics have strangely and senselessly seemed to change from "and Venus was her name" to "and Venus was HIS name."

Here is the original official video. Go to the 28 second mark to hear the lyrics in question.

Also, here is a great video that shows the difference between the way the old version sounds, and the way they perform it now. In the modern renditions, they clearly say "her" like we all remember. In the older ones, "his" is most apparent.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Umm, Venus is a girl, mate. It can only be "Her name".

No matter what we seem to hear, lyrics and common sense take precedence. Accents can be misleading.

For instance, I've had a hard time understanding Safety Dance lyrics, from Men Without Hats. Turns out they say "we can dance if we want to", whereas I thought they were saying "we can dance in the ghetto".

It's called misunderstanding, not Mandela effect.

edit on 23-2-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Search YouTube for “misheard lyrics”. It’s “her name”.

You’re welcome.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's her.

Venus as always been a chic.

As in Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Duh.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

i hear "her". listened to one spot 3 or 4 times on the first vid, think a bit of an accent on the "r" not sure. but, i am sure i didn't hear any his.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, has anyone bothered to listen to the video clips provided? There are now multitudes who hear "his" when previously, it was clearly "her."

edit: Posted before the previous post
edit on 23-2-2018 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
Well, has anyone bothered to listen to the video clips provided? There are now multitudes who hear "his" when previously, it was clearly "her."

edit: Posted before the previous post

Yep. That’s why they’re called “misheard lyrics”.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Nice to meet ya TombEscaper - S+F. You inspired me to work on my next music related ME thread!

This one's new in the last few days..

The old videos are saying "HIS" name - it's clear as a bell.

The new videos where they are playing live say 'her name' like we all remember - and all the lyrics still say 'her name'.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was an Effect we're witnessing in a 'transition state'.

...To all the naysayers - do you honestly hear "her name" in the old video the OP posted? Be honest.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

do you honestly hear "her name" in the old video the OP posted?

Yep. And plenty of people hear “his”.

It’s called.....

wait for it

Misheard lyrics. There are channels on YouTube DEDICATED to misheard lyric videos.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Oh yeah. And they are hilarious.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You're all wrong!!!!

It's 'Venus was zer name'. Trans agenda proven.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Oh yeah. And they are hilarious.

Some really crack me up. Like Creedence’s “have you ever seen the rain”. Many people hear “Lorraine” instead of “the rain”. I remember first watching the whole video with inserted images of Lorraine Kelly. Wish I could go back to before I watched it, just so I could watch it for the first time again.
edit on 2322018 by TerryDon79 because: Spelling sucks like a plain type of pizza

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Nice to meet ya TombEscaper - S+F. You inspired me to work on my next music related ME thread!

This one's new in the last few days..

The old videos are saying "HIS" name - it's clear as a bell.

The new videos where they are playing live say 'her name' like we all remember - and all the lyrics still say 'her name'.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was an Effect we're witnessing in a 'transition state'.

...To all the naysayers - do you honestly hear "her name" in the old video the OP posted? Be honest.

Hi and thanks! And yes, the way it sounds now is CLEARLY different from previous remembrance. Because of their accents, I always heard it as "huh" name when they said "her." Now, somebody in there is definitely saying "his." If not all three, then one or two of the Bananaramites. And this was never known as a "misheard lyrics" song before. Now suddenly, people are hearing "his." But again, it was "huh" name.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped long enough to ask Venus what it's gender is?

SMH...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And this was never known as a "misheard lyrics" song before. Now suddenly, people are hearing "his."

You have to scroll down quite far, but here's from a page that hasn't been updated since 2013 (according to their copyright), which makes your above false.

"Venus"
Misheard Lyrics:
Jesus on a mountaintop
Burning like a hurricane
Summit of duty and love
And Jesus was his name
He's got it
Yeah, baby he's got it
I'm your Jesus
I'm your sire
Your desire.
Original Lyrics:
Goddess on a mountain top
Burning like a silver flame
Summit of beauty and love
And Venus was her name
She's got it
Yeah, baby, she's got it
I'm your Venus
I'm your fire
At your desire.

Source

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That's a parody! And at any rate, with the way the ME works, the "misheard lyrics" would only existed as of 2013 from the time that this ME came into existence, which appears to be very recently. Meaning, any "his/her" misheard lyrics never existed before, but have retroactively existed due to the ME.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Exactly - and expect to hear every excuse in the book on here.

The important thing is that they are on record saying they remember and hear "her" name.

Should it finish transitioning, they'll have no choice but to accept a fluid reality.

Good stuff..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You are overcomplicating the issue, you know that right?...

Poor bananarama... All that because she failed to PERFECTLY pronounce every single words of her song...

edit on 23-2-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Went back and listened to the original version-

Still "her" and still a zillion times better than Bananarama.
edit on 2 23 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That's a parody

Nope. It’s actually what some people thought the words were. Hence “misheard lyrics”.

As for the rest of your post? I won’t bother, as you’re one of those who can’t possibly be wrong.

Enjoy your delusion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join