It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Been Asked By Archaeologists To Help Decipher Prehistoric Paintings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

Or native headdress, whichever...

images

Some of those headdresses are really intriguing.

The designs for some of them have been passed by through generations.

Are they emulating something they saw?

Why not? Dreams and hallucinations aside, it is also possible they are trying to appear as large and as fearsome as possible?

The Pope does that too.

'larger than life'

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

In the case of 'cargo cults' of WWII, the white skinned sky gods bearing stuff were real.

most cultures arent shy of talking about it. like american indians and their star brothers and the ANT people..

Despite talk of hallucinogenic drugs like mushrooms and peyote being frowned upon here too, you mean?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Uzbekistan one is ridiculous. Since when did primitive people figure out two-point perspective? And carrying a Dropa disc? Come on.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My conclusions exactly. Which is why they are all fascinating discoveries. The paintings and many others of similar styles are a glimpse into the prehistoric mind on drugs. What they saw in their trips compelled them to record it and then study it's meaning. I think also the drugs that the prehistoric people used helped shaped the intellect and the empowerment of ideas and kick start early religion that was very different to the modern standards used today.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
I think also the drugs that the prehistoric people used helped shaped the intellect and the empowerment of ideas and kick start early religion that was very different to the modern standards used today.

People in modern, normal society like coffee for a stimulant and beer for a depressant. Whether by design or chance, these are exactly the things promoted to keep everybody working at their boring daily jobs. Nice and predictable.

In our world, there's no real place for mind-altering / expanding drugs, because they have a tendency to change people's values and start them questioning basic things about reality and their place in it, which could potentially undermine established religion and the economy. That wouldn't work well for TPTB, so it's no wonder you can advertise coffee and beer everywhere. Go ahead and be mildly stimulated or inebriated, but keep working harder, and keep buying stuff! Don't question.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This one looks so surreal is it really meant to be ancient?

Great thread regardless, for those saying they depict tribal headdress or costumes and whatever. What about the disk like UFO looking drawings?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The 10,000 year old cave paintings, that were discovered in India in 2014, are now going to be analyzed by NASA and the Indian Space Research Agency.
I doubt we will hear anything interesting from NASA, unfortunately, outside of it being the imaginations of a mind under the influence of hallucinogens.

The archaeologists aren't sure whether these drawings represent things that were imagined, or actually seen by prehistoric man.
My personal opinion is that they were both seen and imagined. I believe these ancient artists saw something unexplainable and through their imagination, perhaps even under the influence of hallucinogenic plants, created many of these types of rock art.

It's important to identify these different types of rock art images.

Rock Art is the term usually used to encompass both petroglyphs and pictographs.

Petroglyphs are defined as images scratched, etched, or pecked into a rock surface.

Pictographs are images painted onto a rock surface.
Source

Assessing an age of these art images is difficult at best, at least with petroglyphs. Pictographs use pigment that has little carbon that, until now, have not been able to be dated.

Rowe describes a new, highly sensitive dating method, called accelerator mass spectrometry, that requires only 0.05 milligrams of carbon (the weight of 50 specks of dust). That's much less than the several grams of carbon needed with radiocarbon dating.
New Technology For Dating Ancient Rock Paintings

Another way of dating has to do with what is being drawn, like animals or weapons used.

Historical context can provide a clue as to the age of rock art. For example, the atlatl (a type of spear thrower) was replaced by the bow and arrow around 200 C.E. Where atlatls appear, the picture is probably from a time when they were in use. Horses, on the other hand, were only in use on this continent after the arrival of the Spanish in 1520.

Some of the images shown in this thread, and thousands more around the world, cannot be dated as there is no carbon to date and the images don't show recognizable things like weapons and animals. I like to think of these as anomalistic rock art images, weird looking space aliens- sometimes with a duck for a head- and strange squiggly lines.

Of the anomalistic type images that resemble aliens or men in space suits are several types of rock art images from the same time period. There is a lot more going on than just spacemen walking, or floating, around. If you're looking for evidence of aliens you might miss the bigger picture.

Without having to go too deep into this, and since this is a conspiracy website, I would like to present the squatting man. Do a search for "squatting man" as there is no shortage of website pages and videos attempting to explain this phenomena.

The “squatting man” is a symbol that can be seen in every ancient culture and it is often thought to be a distorted version of the human body. This symbol is an archetype, and each different culture had their own way of illustrating it. The interesting fact is that all the civilizations began using this symbol roughly around the same time, which resulted in speculations that all the ancient cultures communicated among each other, or that every civilization was inspired by the same event, which most likely happened in the sky.
Anthony Peratt, one of the leading experts in plasma discharge research, noticed forms which he had seen before. After that, he conducted numerous field studies and came to the conclusion that the ancient civilizations had witnessed an incredibly powerful high energy plasma discharge, which could have been observed in the atmosphere even with naked eye.
What were ancient people trying to tell us with the “squatting man”?
Anthony Peratt is a plasma physicist that worked at the Los Alamos laboratory in New Mexico as well as at La Jolla in San Diego, CA with Nobel Laureate Hannes Alfven. Peratt's work on ancient rock art has been described as dismal by ATS's resident archeologist, of whom I have a great deal of respect, yet his work on plasma physics is impeccable.

It is Peratt's conclusion that an event in Earth's past, perhaps an increase in the Sun's output by "one to two orders of magnitude", gave way to aurorae that has never been seen since. It was this event, hypothesized by Peratt, that was the impetus for many of these very weird rock art images that continue to confound archeologists today.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs

In the case of 'cargo cults' of WWII, the white skinned sky gods bearing stuff were real.

most cultures arent shy of talking about it. like american indians and their star brothers and the ANT people..

Despite talk of hallucinogenic drugs like mushrooms and peyote being frowned upon here too, you mean?

Im sorry but I dont get your meaning.
If one thing is real therefore another isnt.

nice detective work.

what was the point of reverbs posting that?
Maybe if I had said ALIENS!! I could expect your post, but im finding you just as bad in the other direction.

im showing possibilities to talk about on a discussion forum.

edit on 23-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I see mystical renderings by people under tye influence of mind altering substances and/or effects.

It is truly amazing how the influence of mind altering substances and/or effects has shaped our culture.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

I see mystical renderings by people under tye influence of mind altering substances and/or effects.

It is truly amazing how the influence of mind altering substances and/or effects has shaped our culture.

could very well be the case. Ive heard many talk of ufos and aliens in relation to a specific substance..

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I concur with you on that. Ask the agency that only thinks of alien life as microbial. I think they might have a better chance in asking CERN to help out.

~Morpheus

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

In our world, there's no real place for mind-altering / expanding drugs, because they have a tendency to change people's values and start them questioning basic things about reality and their place in it, which could potentially undermine established religion and the economy.
Don't forget psychotropic prescription drugs.

Senate Hearing: Why are Psychotropic Drugs Overprescribed in the U.S.?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

That's sad, the pursuit of science and history bastardized by old beliefs and rhetoric to keep humanity in the dark about what we our and our past. shame....

~Morpheus

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, lol...

You mean it's fake or just unbelievable?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

In the Uzbekistan photo, the "alien" is holding a disc that resembles the 2002 Crabwood, England binary crop circle.

ETA, great thread subject. Well done.

👍
edit on 2/23/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, lol...
You mean it's fake or just unbelievable?

The Uzbekistan drawing? Fake. It wasn't until the Renaissance (1415 to be precise) that artists actually started to draw with the linear perspective as seen in that drawing. Until then, artists drew or carved images that were flat. Dropa stones? A story with no verification at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: moebius

And it just so happens those 'masks' look like the face of every alien grey weve ever seen in the xfiles. I suppose those folks deserve some of the profits made by speilberg and the likes, eh?

Or native headdress, whichever...

images

Ah!! I was puzzling over the lines and stripes around the heads of lots of those depictions. Feathers!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: Devino

could very well be the case. Ive heard many talk of ufos and aliens in relation to a specific substance..

You mean like Terrance McKennas “machine elves” ? I’ve not heard of any UFO reports per se, but certainly reports of entering an alien like environment and contact with the other. Which generally describes an intelligent being or presence encountered.

For those interested in such reports Erowid.org is the place to go.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I got my degree in archaeology.

Wouldn't thse look to you like pictures of people dressed up in ceremonial garb and participating in some type ritual?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

My apologizes. I found this picture on a website on ancient cave drawings and failed to do research on it. It turns out, someone copied an illustration from the first, 1967 issue of the Russian magazine Spoutnik.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join