It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Charges In New Mueller Indictment of Manafort and Gates

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnofvictory

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: face23785
Was just listening to Shep Smith on Fox. He's so hopeful this is leading to something that takes Trump down.

I did find it interesting that he asked his guest why else would Mueller prosecute Manafort if not to get to Trump, and his guest basically said there is no other reason.

So if they uncovered Manafort's illegal dealings during this investigation and there was no link to Trump, they would just ignore the fact that Manafort committed a bunch of felonies if he had nothing on Trump?

He may indeed have something on Trump, but to suggest that he must because otherwise Mueller wouldn't be filing charges against him is just absurd.

Shepard Smith is a tabloid man.

Regarding the car that crashed into the White House barrier this afternoon, Shepard Smith just said that if you want to get to the White House that is not the proper route to take.

He should go to work for CNN or MSNBC.

No, he just not right in the head, if you know what I mean.

He is quite the leftist.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Was just listening to Shep Smith on Fox. He's so hopeful this is leading to something that takes Trump down.

I did find it interesting that he asked his guest why else would Mueller prosecute Manafort if not to get to Trump, and his guest basically said there is no other reason.

So if they uncovered Manafort's illegal dealings during this investigation and there was no link to Trump, they would just ignore the fact that Manafort committed a bunch of felonies if he had nothing on Trump?

He may indeed have something on Trump, but to suggest that he must because otherwise Mueller wouldn't be filing charges against him is just absurd.

Regarding the car that crashed into the White House barrier this afternoon, Shepard Smith just said that if you want to get to the White House that is not the proper route to take.

He is quite the leftist.

He's not. He's just crazy.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here are the Gates Plea Deal and Statement of Offense.

ETA:

A couple of interesting parts:

Company A is Mercury, a mostly GOP-connected firm and Company B is Podesta Group. If this is accurate, it appears that this might get both off the hook for illegal foreign lobbying as Gates apparently lied about who their ultimate client was. The scheme laid out is pretty much what it looked liked from earlier documents. Manafort communicated with Yanukovych and his aides directly and then Gates was the intermediary to the two US lobbying groups.

The member of Congress in that 2013 meeting was Rep. Dana Rohrabacher aka "Putin's favorite congressman." Nothing here that implicates Rohrabacher in a crime.
edit on 2018-2-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks ante

Assuredly chock full of more interesting facts RE: the case

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

He is quite the leftist.

He's not. He's just crazy.

Maybe he is but I'm pretty sure he's a verified leftist too. When you combine the two, you're in troubled waters.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm all for prosecuting him. The sad part is you could probably charge half the people in DC with this type of crime. That's probably what all the panic was about. Everyone knew there was no collusion with Russia, but lots of these folks have skeletons in their closets. Some of these folks would rather Hillary won, none of this would've been looked into then.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

They're sleazy cheaters.

They were kicked off the team really early on.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

There are actually two grand juries involved. The one in D.C. and one in Virginia.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

www.vox.com...

Page five titled cooperation pretty much states you will cooperate in any way we deem fit. Even and including going under cover if we desire. You will come when we call you.
You will answer questions by us, by the grand jury, by the judges, by any law enforcement officers we tell you to. You will testify at trials, you will witness testimony.
Pretty much Muellers bitch.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Shep's in for such a major letdown. Mueller appears to be moving further away from Trump, not closer to him

Consider this for a moment.

According to the indictments at the time that these guys started working for the campaign they were in deep to Russian oligarchs and the government of the Ukraine to the tune of millions of dollars. Tens of millions. Read the details. It's like a Ludlum novel.
Manafort volunteered to work for trump for free at a time when he desperately needed money. Gates was in the same position yet made the same offer to work as deputy campaign manager for free.
Both offers were contingent on positions of influence within the campaign which they received.

Next we have the indictments of the Russian nationals which lays out one aspect of how Russia reached out to the trump campaign showing a desire of the Kremlin to establish a relationship.
The meeting in trump tower, which Manafort attended shows another. The exchange with wiki leaks shows yet another. There may or may not be more instances where Russia reached out that have not been revealed.

At the same time that Russia was reaching out to trump, Manafort and Gates were reaching out to Russia alluding to policy changes favorable to Russia for new loans or extensions to existing ones.

Then we have E-mails of trump juniors which indicate at least a passing attitude of cooperation and desire to accept help and influence and information from people high up in the Russian government, according to the language expressed in those e mails.

Flynns trouble began when he was caught offering policy change to Russia before trump had taken office. Flynns plea deal comes with cooperation mandates as does Gates and he must answer any questions Mueller has with the truth or risk jail. Gates too.

Mueller is exploring all of those avenues and it doesn't look like he's moving further away.
If this was a backgammon game Mueller has set up a brilliant blockade.

Rumored...Kushner is next up on the indictment parade but that is only rumor.

edit on 2242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

www.vox.com...

Page five titled cooperation pretty much states you will cooperate in any way we deem fit. Even and including going under cover if we desire. You will come when we call you.
You will answer questions by us, by the grand jury, by the judges, by any law enforcement officers we tell you to. You will testify at trials, you will witness testimony.
Pretty much Muellers bitch.

And that proves he has dirt on Trump?

If you actually believe that you're brain damaged.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Really.. no one wants to talk about this?
Why not?

edit on 2242018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Wow don't I type articulate sentences for someone who is supposedly brain damaged?
You should see me. I look and act just like someone who isn't brain damaged. You'd be shocked.

Have any better arguments then there's something wrong with me ?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wow don't I type articulate sentences for someone who is supposedly brain damaged?
You should see me. I look and act just like someone who isn't brain damaged. You'd be shocked.

Have any better arguments then there's something wrong with me ?

I already gave it, in the post that you were responding to. Your response in no way changed what I said. It's still just wishful thinking. I feel sorry for you at this point. Sort of. In another way it's kind of funny watching you continue to scramble to try to hold on to this fairy tale that Trump is in trouble. I genuinely fear for your safety if this lasts another 3, let alone 7 years.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My personal astonishing revelation from this is that the rumors about US meddling in the orange revolution are true.
Just not pro West as I'd have expected but pro Russia. What an insane world.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's not wishful thinking. Jesus why do you think Mueller chopped all those charges off and made this generous offer? Because he's a nice guy?
No . Did you look at the cooperation section of the plea deal? It makes Gates his bitch in every way. If he wants him to go under cover or wear a wire he will do it. If he wants him in his office in half an hour he better be at the door in twenty nine minutes. If he wants him to testify against someone else he better sing like a bird. Or he goes to jail for the rest of his natural life.
This guy has no choice. Mueller has his ass over the fire.
You're just wishing and hoping at this point that he doesn't have information to offer. But Mueller doesn't play games or make deals that won't profit his investigation. If you think he does you are the one with the deficient thinking capacity.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Manafort lived at trump tower for years. Trump didn't just meet him when he approached his campaign.
Both have had relationships with Russian criminals for decades.
Stop kidding yourselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

uh so who hasn't lied on a mortgage application? did he not pay it back he put up property for collateral its up to lender to make sure collateral covers loan and if loan is not paid they seize property by foreclosure so why is fbi jumping up and down unless bank filed charges and if they did then it has not got jack to do with russia investigation.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

You lied on a loan application? You just admitted bank fraud dude.
No one lies on a loan application unless they're stupid.
You should read the terms you're signing for because providing false information on a loan application is a crime. It says so on every loan agreement.
Maybe you didn't really lie on a loan application and you're just being hyperbolic for sake of argument. Let's presume that and not that you've made a big booboo. Lol.

Now as to Manafort: No he hasn't paid it back that's why he was so desperate for cash.
He was using the same over extended property to back several loans and his bail. He's insolvent.
It's all laid out in his indictment which isn't anywhere near as long as the one for the thirteen Russian nationals.
Here or you can download it at the same site.
www.vox.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

He is charging him because he committed crimes. He's been on the FBIs radar for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join