It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputize Teachers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe that without any if much at all changes to laws that the police could deputize certain teachers.

The Pay would not have to be much if any but it would allow for some teachers to conceal carry in schools.

What say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
The Pay would not have to be much if any

How about we #ing pay teachers?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'd say it's just as ignorant of an idea whether you present it or that disgrace in the Peoples House does.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yeah Putin, we already knew what your opinion would be.

K-

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

And then what? Think about how much time, money, and training goes in to desensitizing military and law enforcement personnel enough that they are capable of pulling the trigger on another human being without thinking about it. And even then they have problems when it comes to killing children.

Let's say a teacher actually is capable of shooting one of their students. Who's going to pay for their therapy afterward? What if they aren't capable of coming back? Do we just say, "Hey thanks for saving our children but you're fired?"

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

sounds good
i was speaking of extra pay for being a deputy

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How bout we just end public school and just teach kids at home?

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

yep problem solved

i am really just answering all the calls to have police on campus with heavy artillery and the push for changes to the laws.
so many cries "lets pass laws to arm teachers"
it is not needed if a local district has a problem then their hands are not tied. they can just deputize on the local leval instead of changing every school

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

sounds good
i was speaking of extra pay for being a deputy

Considering you used the phrasing “wouldn’t have to be much if any” it was hard to tell what you thought of teacher compensation, since you proposed adding additional responsibilities that would necessitate potential hazard pay.

link   

originally posted by: aethertek
I'd say it's just as ignorant of an idea whether you present it or that disgrace in the Peoples House does.

K~

it shows that your thought cells are filled with hatrid

my suggestion answers the big guys calls for armed teachers without changing every school.

no politics needed for this one.

link   

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

That would pretty much end the stranglehold on our country in one generation, actually. Lots of birds.

Imagine a world where people are raised learning how to think instead of learning to memorize and parrot what they were told by their local authority figure?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

There are still people without adequate access to high speed internet for that, school funding would need to be dumped into libraries if we were to make that change immediately. Otherwise it would certainly end the mass shooter threat to schools, though it would likely further isolate kids and make them even worse socially.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I did hear a fact of value on the radio yesterday and that is that in 1980 the usa was numbra 2 in education.

that is the same year the department of education was brought into existence and we have slipped ever since then and now just sad education.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And then what? Think about how much time, money, and training goes in to desensitizing military and law enforcement personnel enough that they are capable of pulling the trigger on another human being without thinking about it. And even then they have problems when it comes to killing children.

Let's say a teacher actually is capable of shooting one of their students. Who's going to pay for their therapy afterward? What if they aren't capable of coming back? Do we just say, "Hey thanks for saving our children but you're fired?"

yea srry kids i could have saved you but the emotional trauma that comes along with saving you was just too much to bear in the long run

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Two birds one stone.

Internet Schools!

You’ve have the most ignorant population in the history of humanity

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

We already have that.

The climate is out to git us.

Russia is out to git us.

And object get up all on their own and go around killing people.

Funny how I am more progressive than those who purport themselves to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Even soldiers have trouble shooting children. But clearly a teacher with a weekend's worth of training every year will have no issue pulling the trigger on a child they teach everyday.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Arm the children!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

so are you in favor of armed teachers?
are you in favor of no armed teachers?
are you in favor of passing laws to make teachers carry in class?
what would you suggest to deal with the issue?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I suggest we figure out what the root cause to this epidemic actually is and fix that issue. Shooting children is not a solution to anything. All it does is ignore the actual issue.

I think a good start would be to take all the money that would be required to arm and train teachers to kill children and instead put that towards properly funding schools. That sounds like a much better first step than the execution of children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join