It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA - secret on the ocean floor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: airowineSailorcat

Classics...

Thanks for adding.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is the code still 8 zeroes?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Probably. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They had to change the eighth zero to one. The system's 50 year mandatory password change happened.

00000001(exe)

edit on 2/21/2018 by roadgravel because: it killed the angles

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Even if the CIA or subs is your thing the pictures and text of the deep sea creatures at risk is certainly worth a read. Really great article tying together ecology and conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I suppose some Generals would have to write it down now.

(post by Assessor removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hmm,
The story has changed, again, in the last 30 years.
The story of the explorer has changed, it was originally built for a different recovery.
I wish I could remember the details, but it is related to the search for a couple other lost subs.
The finding of the titanic was part of the effort.
There was a film documentary, 87-88?, that talked about the explorer as a part of naval intellegence's efforts in finding lost subs.
In it bob ballard freely talked about actually being in naval intel, and that finding the Titanic and Bismark were part of looking for a lost us sub and a possible lost soviet sub.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I think you're getting a bit mixed up. The bit about recovering the Titanic is from a novel by Arthur C. Clarke, nobody's ever seriously entertained the idea of raising her for a variety of reasons. K-129 went down north of Hawaii, while the Titanic and Bismarck are both in the Atlantic, and neither of them were found until well after the K-129/Project Azorian operation (1985 for the Titanic, '89 for the Bismarck).

There is a connection between Ballard and lost nuclear subs, however. Recently declassified files revealed that in 1982, he approached the Navy looking for funding to find the Titanic. They agreed...on the condition that he'd use the remote-operated Argo submersible to find the wrecks of the USS Scorpion (SSN-589) and USS Thresher (SSN-593) first. Which impressively enough, he did, finding both subs and the Titanic in the space of a month.

There's a whole lot more to go into on these Cold War deepwater stories, I've been considering putting together a thread on it for a while now.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf
I know the K129 went down in the pacific.
I didnt make myself clear, they werent looking for the titanic, they were looking lost subs and found the titanic by happenstance.
At the time the finding of the bismark had not been anounced yet, even though they had located it several years earlier. It was also implied that several other known wrecks had been found in the search.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

the titanic wasn't found by happenstance. Bob Ballard was hired to find the thresher. bob knew the titanic was also in the area. asked if he could search for it with the remainder of the time allotted to find the thresher. navyvsaid yes. he had two weeks n found it.

interestingly enough the thresher may have been found (or part of it) a year earlier by a guy named Jack grimm and he never realized hit. his remote controlled rivers magnetometer detected a lot of metal he went to investigate and got a shot of what he thought was the titanic propeller but Iit looks a lot like a sub screw. and it was right in the area of the thresher.
edit on 10-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join