It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted suicide by gunshot in a school in Jackson, Ohio.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just a few days after the school shooting in Florida, a middle schooler in Jackson, Ohio shot himself in his school today.Link
edit on 2/20/2018 by TwiztidRoman because: (no reason given)

A Jackson Middle School student is being treated at a hospital for a self-inflicted gunshot wound that occurred after the he brought a weapon to the school Tuesday morning shortly before 8, when school was scheduled to begin. An early report indicated the incident took place in a boy’s restroom at the school. The student, identified as a male by police, was taken to a hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown.

edit on 2/20/2018 by TwiztidRoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TwiztidRoman

What a sad story.... And thread.

You didn't even put some quoted text from the article.

For anyone curious, the seventh grader is currently hospitalized and the condition is unknown.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not clear how this is political.

Although the silver lining is that he didn't take anyone else with them...I hope.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Fixed.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As a fellow Ohioan.....

Nah screw that

As a fellow human on this planet we are temporarily trapped on.....

I'm so sorry for everyone who is suffering physically or mentally.

I don't know what "the answer" is. It seems to be different for everyone.

What worked for me has not worked for others and vice versa.

I will say this if you're reading my comment and you're in pain.... Please do not give up. Do not resort to Violence.

You can make it. Keep trudging.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

One of the worse ways to try and top oneself using a gun the survival rate is pretty high.
7th grade how old is that btw.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am curious where they have deemed this attempted suicide? Was there a note? It appears that it would be more logical that the student was going to impress a friend. Maybe even showing it off to another student? Gun goes off accidentally. Obviously, anyone there would run and hide, scared.

Attempted suicide in school bathroom just doesn't make sense with the limited details released.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If I recall correctly it's about 12-14 depending on if they are early or late bday

-Alee

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

FFS at that age....Jesus at that age heck the only worry I had was hoping not to be caught when playing kiss chase.
OMG thinking on kiss chase!!!!! lol wouldn't get away with playing that anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

FFS at that age....Jesus at that age heck the only worry I had was hoping not to be caught when playing kiss chase.
OMG thinking on kiss chase!!!!! lol wouldn't get away with playing that anymore.

That gave me a nice laugh, "kiss chase" that's adorable. Yeah. Some kids have it rough. Some kids minds twist and turn reality through a veil of pain and confusion. Who knows what the poor kid was going through or why- I just hope he's somewhere cool in the afterlife. Maybe finally forgetting his worries and getting a shot at kiss chase with the angels.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yeah it sure sucks.
I hope he gets the help he needs and recovers.
I used to get trained by the UK's top suicide professor and he said everyone who survives a self inflicted gunshot wound he has ever met has a strong will to live afterwards.
I hope this young chap does.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

MASSILLON, Ohio — Authorities say a seventh-grader who shot and injured himself inside an Ohio middle school bathroom also had a device in his backpack meant to cause a distraction.

Police emphasized the device wasn’t an explosive that would’ve harmed anyone.

i wonder if he had bigger plans... why did he have a 'distraction' device... where are these kids getting these guns from ffs...

join